IGNORED

Wolves Pub (merged)

Guest Garfunkle

Guest Garfunkle

surely someone knows or can find out of a pub that we will be allowed to drink in before the game?

if not then ill be staying in brum to watch utd then get teh train last minute to wolves

Guest zider_head

Lets please keep all these in one thread, where is away fan friendly and will they be showing the Man u v Arsenal game ?

Also are there any supermarkets / offlicences for the train journey back supplys ?

Lets please keep all these in one thread, where is away fan friendly and will they be showing the Man u v Arsenal game ?

Also are there any supermarkets / offlicences for the train journey back supplys ?

Theres an Asda right outside the ground if you want to go in there and get your drink for the train back.

Guest zider_head

This sounds like the worst place I have ever gone to away with city to get a drink ???

Surely if you don't have colours on it cant be that hard, i mean at ashton gate if you went to bemmy or hotwells you would get served easy as a away fan ???

You always get these away fans coming on saying don't go here, do go there, avoid that pub, when we played Millwall there were Millwall fans on here saying don't go to London Bridge etc. - but it was fine.

Just use your common sense - I'm sure there will be plenty of pubs to drink in, the ground is right in the town centre. I expect some will be "home only" just like at AG but move a couple of streets away and there will be some others I'm sure.

As with every away - if you hit the streets chanting you will draw the OB and get wrapped up.

Those who "want it" will probably find it.

And those who don't (like me) will find a pub with some decent grub and beer and have a great pre match sesion!

See you in the Steve Bull lower, 2-0 to City !!

CR

You always get these away fans coming on saying don't go here, do go there, avoid that pub, when we played Millwall there were Millwall fans on here saying don't go to London Bridge etc. - but it was fine.

Just use your common sense - I'm sure there will be plenty of pubs to drink in, the ground is right in the town centre. I expect some will be "home only" just like at AG but move a couple of streets away and there will be some others I'm sure.

As with every away - if you hit the streets chanting you will draw the OB and get wrapped up.

Those who "want it" will probably find it.

And those who don't (like me) will find a pub with some decent grub and beer and have a great pre match sesion!

See you in the Steve Bull lower, 2-0 to City !!

CR

To be fair, it is a nightmare in town, even for home fans at times.

It's like a lot of places- loud and/or in colours and it can cause hassle. As someone said before, it may be wiser/safer/easier to have a few in Brum then head upto Wolves.

Enjoy!!

I know you've been in League one, just stating the fact that in the last 3/4 years, bars in town and the wonderful WMP are trying to crack down on any unruly behaviour.

Never said it was a war zone, just that it's not going to be as easy as you think to get a drink in the centre.

There are a lot of smaller places a bit further out that if there are only a few people, not being loud/aggressive, and not wearing colours.

Different to other football league grounds? There are plenty of places where you cant get a drink if you are wearing colours/accent gets recognised/people mouthing off.

Just trying to be helpful and try to tell it as it usually is.

Simple answer for our car load, get off at junction 6, on the A449 there are a few decent boozers for a couple of mineral waters and a light luncheon.

Then travel into the arid and unwelcoming lands of the wolf, refreshed and in good time for the feast of sporting activity.

Sorted.

My concern is that IF City do have a mob coming up for a knock, the town may turn into a far less friendly place. 3-4 trainloads are coming up according to posts on this site, this is unusual to be honest and if the police are onto this then you may have problems, on the other hand you may be able to wander past and settle in wherever you want. Town centre is usually ok upto 1pm when it starts to get busy with home fans.

Not sure how active Wolves firm are nowadays, guess there are always younger ones coming through though.

There are pubs on all access roads into Wolverhampton which may be easier but of course then you have to park up near the ground.

My concern is that IF City do have a mob coming up for a knock, the town may turn into a far less friendly place. 3-4 trainloads are coming up according to posts on this site, this is unusual to be honest and if the police are onto this then you may have problems, on the other hand you may be able to wander past and settle in wherever you want. Town centre is usually ok upto 1pm when it starts to get busy with home fans.

Not sure how active Wolves firm are nowadays, guess there are always younger ones coming through though.

There are pubs on all access roads into Wolverhampton which may be easier but of course then you have to park up near the ground.

I wouldnt believe all the hype, no doubt City will have a few lads out as will wolves but WMP will be the biggest 'Firm' in attendance & love nothing better than cracking heads! Last time we were up there was not long after the West Brom game which was a bit lively! I remember the local coppers just waiting for any reason to have a go! After we left the game they were taking the P1ss about the result & were right smug gits!!!

Also on the ticket front me & my mate bought are tickets for the away end on the day of the match from the Ticket office at Molineux! I know it was a fair few years back but might be worth a shot!

From what I rememebr the Atmosphere there wasnt that good even though there was (i think)28,000 in the ground, it's hard to get any singing going when your all spread along the length of the pitch.

If your looking for a friendly non violent pub showing the Man U Arsenal Game then The Stile Inn which is located in the opposite direction to the town centre has said they will let people in. But again its no colours and no big groups.

The Stile Inn

3 Harrow St

WV1 4PB

Also i would like to appeal to any pub landlords reading this thread in Wolves that the majority of City fans are not trouble makers and when we go to the pub we do sing, have a laugh with your home supporters and drink alot of cider. We don't look for a fight and we are there to have a good time.

Simple answer for our car load, get off at junction 6, on the A449 there are a few decent boozers for a couple of mineral waters and a light luncheon.

Then travel into the arid and unwelcoming lands of the wolf, refreshed and in good time for the feast of sporting activity.

Sorted.

thats what we r going to do.saves any hassel

I usually go away with my Dad and friends. So quiet drink, decent food and real ale is the order of the day. The last trip we made, we ended up in a pleasant pub in Bilston. Can't remember the name, but I had my city shirt on and had no hassle whatsoever. I guess it's far enough from the ground to encounter any home fans drinking, but a straight route back into town.

NB - If you want to leave Wolverhampton before 5:45 don't park in any multi-storey car park by the ground! Learnt our lesson last time, sat in a queue for ever trying to get out!

It would be nice to come back on here in May and see what you lot have to say.

Most of the comments on here i am amazed.

Sounds like you lot are really looking forward to coming to Mol.

Seems like your biggest game of the season.

COME ON YOU WOLVES

nah we took far more to cov mate. We just want a drink thats all, seems like your tin pot town cant cope with a couple of thousand away fans to me.

It would be nice to come back on here in May and see what you lot have to say.

Most of the comments on here i am amazed.

Sounds like you lot are really looking forward to coming to Mol.

Seems like your biggest game of the season.

COME ON YOU WOLVES

Biggest game so far this season. This is a real test for the City I feel if we can get a result then we are real promotion chasing contenders.

Yes we are looking forward to coming up to you. After spending nearly 10 years in leauge 1 we got a bit fed up going to places like Mansfield and Chesterfield.

If you want to watch the match I'd suggest the Hogshead, Varisty or Royal London. All within easy walking distance of the ground and all decent atmospheres. There will be bouncers on the doors and probably signs saying home fans only - but if you are a little discreet you will have no problems. The 'hooligan' element of our support will only surface if provoked - and that, if it does happen, occurs in shithole places like Weathersppons, Yates and the like. You will have no probs watching the match and having a few beers before the game.

nah we took far more to cov mate. We just want a drink thats all, seems like your tin pot town cant cope with a couple of thousand away fans to me.

Behave mate, its hardly Man United who are coming to town! You will be fine for a drink and watching the game. As for the tickets issue its been explained on another thread repeatedly.

Strange becuase Our Tin Pot town as you call it has coped with 4,300 Manchester United Fans in the Fa cup.

nearly 5,000 Tesco fans in the Fa cup.

Most of our local derbys over the years sell out in the steve bull lower.

The Season we were in the Prem the likes of Arsenal, Newcatle, Man U all sold there allocation of Steve bull Lower.

You think we can't handle a couple of thousand ofyou tractor driving Cider drinkers. I THINK NOT!!!!

Strange becuase Our Tin Pot town as you call it has coped with 4,300 Manchester United Fans in the Fa cup.

nearly 5,000 Tesco fans in the Fa cup.

Most of our local derbys over the years sell out in the steve bull lower.

The Season we were in the Prem the likes of Arsenal, Newcatle, Man U all sold there allocation of Steve bull Lower.

You think we can't handle a couple of thousand ofyou tractor driving Cider drinkers. I THINK NOT!!!!

Why then did your club give us only 3000 tickets, we sold out weeks ago and we couldn't get anymore tickets. Do you know the reason why?

Why then did your club give us only 3000 tickets, we sold out weeks ago and we couldn't get anymore tickets. Do you know the reason why?

Jesus anyone would think we were playing Barcelona!

Read the other threads on your site mate been explained soo many times

I know, Police advice!

But you sais Wolves was able to handle 5000 Tesco fans and nearly the same amount of ManU fans but you don't seem to be able to handle 5000 City fans!

There do seem to be a flaw in your argument.

I know, Police advice!

But you sais Wolves was able to handle 5000 Tesco fans and nearly the same amount of ManU fans but you don't seem to be able to handle 5000 City fans!

There do seem to be a flaw in your argument.

FA Cup allocations are different.

Archived