IGNORED

Christian Ribeiro

Guest Eamer

Will apparently be part of the squad for tomorrow against Wolves. Hopefully a debut sub appearance in the last 5 minutes when we're up by two? ;)

Would be surprised if he made the bench. But looks like Gary Johnson is preparing him for a debut at some point. Hopefully he will become first choice cover for Bradley. Nice to see an academy product beginning to come through for the club.

Seems to be little known outside of the playing side of the club, what do the fans think of him as a player/ prospect

Would be surprised if he made the bench. But looks like Gary Johnson is preparing him for a debut at some point. Hopefully he will become first choice cover for Bradley. Nice to see an academy product beginning to come through for the club.

Seems to be little known outside of the playing side of the club, what do the fans think of him as a player/ prospect

His stats on Football Manager 2008 are nothing special if that's any help... (He does get into the under 21 Wales team though... oh boy! Think my gran did that once) But I'm always pleased to see trust in a younger player... It's when it turns into a marvin brown situation - where there's plenty of hype but you're left empty at the end of it - that i'm slightly worried. In that sense it's quite pleasing that we know little but he looks like he's getting a shout... Must be doing something right.

His stats on Football Manager 2008 are nothing special

Repeat after me: Its not real its *only a computer game* ;)

Hell Cherno Samba should be the rule for any player who's compared to Champ Manger/Any other simulator.

Ribeiro was one of the brightest lights pre season and its no suprise to me that he's pushing for a spot on the bench. The biggest supprise is how far Artus has seemingly fallen away from it.

Hell Cherno Samba should be the rule for any player who's compared to Champ Manger/Any other simulator.

Ribeiro was one of the brightest lights pre season and its no suprise to me that he's pushing for a spot on the bench. The biggest supprise is how far Artus has seemingly fallen away from it.

These young lads have got to impress in training and reserve games if they want a place on the bench. Good to see that Ribeiro is impressing enough to get at least a trip with the squad. It would also suggest that Richard Keogh could well be history as he was the cover for Orr last season. We are probably due a good youngster coming through the system.

Ribeiro is top quality, he's naturally a right back, who could play centre back and at a push fill in at left back.

Bear in mind that Jamie McAllister is on 4 bookings already and his natural replacement Liam Fontaine is in the side already, so I guess that is why GJ wants him involved in the squad.

GJ says Ribiero is very very close to selection. Last November GJ said Artus was very very close to selection.

Perhaps its just a November habit to maintain enthusiasm levels with the younger pros.

As a footnote, I remember over a year ago that young James Wilson was listed as 6ft 4ins. By now he must be up there with McCombe. Its good to know that we have Artus, Ribiero and Wilson junior under contract, plus Plummer now selected for Englands under 18's. What we need is one or two of them to make the grade this year. 18-20 years olds are playing first grade all through the leagues, it must be our turn soon.

:laugh:, Cherno Samba was a beast a few years back, when he was at Millwall. Easily one of the best players on the game.

TBF Tom, FM does tend to get more right than wrong though, I can remember signing a 17 year old Arjen Robben from Groningen for £250K, and he turned out to be amazing in both worlds (real and FM). :winner_third_h4h:

On another thread I mentioned my concern for full back cover when the inevitable happens.

Without shuffling the current, exceptionally well functioning, back four the candidates have very limited experience.

However, watched the recent "stiffs" in action against Plymouth and Ribeiro was outstanding showing all the attributes of a "natural" full back and linked well in supporting attack. Overshadowed all his team mates including the first team squad players who turned out.

Although, had the Plymouth Truancy Officer been in BS3 that afternoon he would have had a field day.

FM is not real Tom? Don't say that... I hate it when the bubble bursts...

What's worrying for me is the fact that GJ is doing better in the real world with City than I am in FM 2008... N ow that is something special... (Long may it continue!) Plummer and Williams are the young city players they hype the most on the game...

GJ says Ribiero is very very close to selection. Last November GJ said Artus was very very close to selection.

Perhaps its just a November habit to maintain enthusiasm levels with the younger pros.

As a footnote, I remember over a year ago that young James Wilson was listed as 6ft 4ins. By now he must be up there with McCombe. Its good to know that we have Artus, Ribiero and Wilson junior under contract, plus Plummer now selected for Englands under 18's. What we need is one or two of them to make the grade this year. 18-20 years olds are playing first grade all through the leagues, it must be our turn soon.

I was at the plymouth game and Wilson looked very good at centre Back with Riberio looking good at RB

apparently Wilson picked up a nast injury against Cirencester and will be out of action for a while

Seems to me GJ has decided that a season of getting the shit kicked out of him at Exeter will help Artus more than half a dozen games off the bench.

I would guess that Ribeiro nearing the squad, with Wilson, Vasko & McCombe as other defenders unable to get a start as well pretty much spells the end for Keogh so I suspect he'll be off on loan soon.

Artus played ten games for Exeter (eight starts, two sub appearences) and also picked up a knock, so that's not bad going considering they've only played 17 games. Might go out on loan again yet, plus if LJ and/or Noble got injured he could potentially be just behind Skuse for the central mid position (especially while Russell is out on loan).

narghh. Keogh's coming on to get a last gasp equaliser to cancel out Keogh's first half strike. :noexpression:

:laugh:

Maybe that Keogh has finally fallen out at City. Not present at Wolves and the club having 4 senior cente halves and YoungWilsom coming through. Wonder if he'll go back out an loan or even sold in January?

Archived