IGNORED

Ship And Castle Pub

Never to the dark side

Sleeping man is rescued from fire

A 21-year-old man has been rescued from a blaze at a public house in Bristol.

The fire at the Ship and Castle pub in Ashton Vale Road, was spotted by a man, 26, living nearby. He forced his way in and rescued the sleeping man.

Paramedics treated the 26-year-old for scorching to his airways at the scene, but he declined to go to hospital.

No-one was seriously hurt. The pub, which was under refurbishment, was badly damaged. The cause of the blaze is being investigated.

Taken from the A&S Police website....

Police are appealing for witnesses after a fire at the Ship and Castle pub in Ashton Vale Road, Bristol, at about 2am on Saturday November 03 2007.

The fire was spotted by a 26-year-old man living in a caravan nearby, who forced his way into the premises to bring out a 21-year-old man who was asleep inside.

The 26-year-old man was treated by paramedics at the scene for scorching to his airways, but declined to go to hospital.

No one was seriously hurt. The pub was under refurbishment at the time, and was badly damaged by the blaze.

Police are now investigating the cause of the fire. Anyone with any information about how the blaze started is asked to contact Bristol CID by calling 0845 456 7000 or anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111. Calls to Crimestoppers could lead to a reward.

any more info ? how badly damamged ? has gone to the dgos this year mind no bar staff dirty etc

The lady who served me tried getting £28 out of me for 4 stella's 2 foster's and a coke. We had a bit of a squibble as i said it wasn't right, she swore blind she was right then she came back and said sorry you are right, its £25 not £28! No love, still not right! I couldn't believe how p1ssy she was with me.

Guest zider_head
The lady who served me tried getting £28 out of me for 4 stella's 2 foster's and a coke. We had a bit of a squibble as i said it wasn't right, she swore blind she was right then she came back and said sorry you are right, its £25 not £28! No love, still not right! I couldn't believe how p1ssy she was with me.

I had a similar experiance in there not long back ordered 4 blackthorns, 2 fosters and a j2o that came too £29

Yes £29 :laugh:

I said hang on mate at say 2.50 a pint tops thats 15 quid plus the j20 so 18 quid at the worst, he got snotty so i said can I see a recipet, he tried printing one out, it got busy people were letting larry.

He came back and in his words "stick it then mate you can have those for free but don't come back again today"

To which a number of people around me asked if there would be free as well, he declinded and about 15 people walked out

Rather random I thought, I didnt mind paying the correct price, but since rob has left they don't have a clue.

Gone to the dogs, will be a shame but I cant see that being opened again with that shower involved

Guest zider_head
Thats strange, they were due to hold a bonfire/firework display this evening, perhaps have something to do with that....!?

What you think they had a dodgy calender or summit ?

hi chaps just wondering if the ship and castle is opened yet as i live in newport i don't see much of bedminster during none football days last home game i had pre match pints in the blaise inn in henbury so any news i would be grateful

Drove past it about an hour ago and it's all boarded up! Didn't look like anything was happening either TBH.

thanks for the quick reply mate another me and 3 others play cards in the pub do you know if any other pubs in bedminster allow you to play cards on a match day ie the robins thanks again

With the S&C closed I very much doubt any of the pubs around the ground will have the space for a card school unless you walk a bit further away from AG.

With the S&C closed I very much doubt any of the pubs around the ground will have the space for a card school unless you walk a bit further away from AG.

thanks for the info mate not really a card school just 4 family members sat round a table playing cards for 3 hours before the football talking about football.i guess the blaise inn in henbury will have to do then

Went past there yesterday. Looked horrible being all boarded up on a match day.

I figured something out today, Every game this season before the fire I went there pre match and sometimes after and the only game we lost was the game against Man City in the Cup. Now since it has been closed we have lost both of our home games.

Can't wait to get back in there (that's if it ever reopens) Sadly Bar BS3 just doesn't do it for me like the ship does.

Went past there yesterday. Looked horrible being all boarded up on a match day.

I figured something out today, Every game this season before the fire I went there pre match and sometimes after and the only game we lost was the game against Man City in the Cup. Now since it has been closed we have lost both of our home games.

Can't wait to get back in there (that's if it ever reopens) Sadly Bar BS3 just doesn't do it for me like the ship does.

spoke to person who ran the ship on friday it is re-opening :winner_third_h4h: .but wont be till about easter time,should start work on it just after x-mas..

Archived