IGNORED

Andy Keogh Challenge On Elliot

BITW

I was right in line with it and it was a definete raise of the arm.

Had it been a City player I'm convinced the crowd reaction would have resulted in a red card. As it was the ref was one of the worst we've had this year imo.

What i saw look more like a ressling(stupid word i cant spell) move it was disgraceful, along with the way the city fans crowded the referee at half time, when that happens in the premiership i tut or moan, i will not change my view just because it's city

as for the players:

rule no.1 the referee is always right

no.2 if the referee is wrong, see rule 1

- and i'm sure johnson doesn't need to tell the players this

however, i do feel echoing what was said on th trip home, darren byfields actions saved andy keogh surely he said something. perhaps the FA will look at this.

Absolute 100% straight red card for violent conduct. The lino should also have flagged. Ref dire, picking up silly things, missing the big ones.

what i said about referees I'm going to contradict myself about the linesman, i thought both didn't perform as proffessionals today, lots of desicion making down to the crowd and players were pushed off the ball far too much.

I remember the S****horpe away game last year and Billy Sharp, after getting a solid but fair challenge from Carey, jumped up and pushed him in the face after the play had moved on and the ref had ignored him. Hated the diving, moaning little northern $h1t ever since.

Obviously his ex-strike partner isn't far removed in terms of attitude; probably both picked their rubbish attitude up from Brian Laws, moaning Bstarred extraordinaire!

I thought it looked more like a wrestling throw rather than a strike. If it had been at Ashton Gate or had been done by a City player it may well have been a red card!

As an aside, I was impressed with Keogh for the first 20 then he disappeared!

U REDS

Had it been a City player I'm convinced the crowd reaction would have resulted in a red card. As it was the ref was one of the worst we've had this year imo.

Errr, no. I was right in line with it. You must have been slightly offline ;)

It seemed to me that an arm was raised across Elliot's throat/neck. The rules, I believe, state that this should be a sending off but it wasn't done with malice and a yellow card was about right.

The referee was undoubtably a "homer". Some of the tackles he let go were unbelievable. But there was no real viciousness from either team.

Didn't punch him, put his arm round his neck/shoulders and threw him to the ground.

Realistically not a red, but quite a few refs would have given it. In rugby would have been in the sin bin for a high tackle.

Having just re-watched the clip - this is the most accurate description. Basically Elliot gets the better of him and he grabs him by his neck - petulant thing to do. Some people made a point last week that if a city player gets fouled or someone is aggressive then there is a team spirit and others help him - this couldn't be more true in this instance. The moment that Elliot hits the deck 3 players run over to help their colleague. Some may say they go looking for fisticuffs - but to me its more "one for all, and all for one"!!

Please can you clear this up. Is this the incident where Keogh reacted (wrongly in my opinion) to a blatent push in the back? The same Elliot who to be fair, with a stronger ref, wouldnt have been on the pitch due to his earlier bad tackles?

As said earlier, the referee was one of the worst I have seen at Molineux since Uriah Rennie. Free-kicks given to both sides that should never have been given, and also giving free-kicks/ bookings that weren't

Please can you clear this up. Is this the incident where Keogh reacted (wrongly in my opinion) to a blatent push in the back? The same Elliot who to be fair, with a stronger ref, wouldnt have been on the pitch due to his earlier bad tackles?

As said earlier, the referee was one of the worst I have seen at Molineux since Uriah Rennie. Free-kicks given to both sides that should never have been given, and also giving free-kicks/ bookings that weren't

I thought it was more of Keogh wrapping his arm(s) round Marv's neck and dragging him down. If it wouldve been the other way round, as i said at the time, Elliott wouldve been sent off!

The same Elliot who to be fair, with a stronger ref, wouldnt have been on the pitch due to his earlier bad tackles?

I'll agree that the ref had an absolute shocker. However, I'd question the highlighted comment. Any example of these bad tackles? I don't remember any particularly bad ones, only his usual hard but fair (i.e. got the ball) tackles.

Archived