IGNORED

It's Not A Dream; We Are A Very Good Team!

italian dave

Since the start of this season I haven't quite been able to believe our success, and its felt a bit like a dream thats going to come to an end some time. Today at Wolves it gradually dawned that this isn't a dream and that we're where we are because we are a genuinely good side that is more than holding its own against some of the best sides in the Chamionship. I though we were magnificent!! We didn't just ride our luck in the opening 15 minutes, we weathered the storm with some determined and skilful defending. And we went on to put Wolves under serious pressure at times, and to play some great football into the bargain.

It was good to hear the positive comments from Wolves fans after the game too. Unlike the whinging, ungracious comments from some opponents in recent weeks about us being lucky and overachievers, the Wolves fans we met after the game were genuinely impressed with City and more than one said that they felt we had a very good side.

I'm beginning to believe that we really can do more than just survive this season, and that the team we now have is the best I've seen at City since the 1970s.

Archived