IGNORED

Pardew Wary Of Gate Venom

Blagdon red

Swindlered's preview of the Charlton game with Tony Hudd of the Kent Messenger is now on the Supporters Trust website.

Apparently Pardew thinks the Gate is an intimidating place to come ... let's prove him right!

Venomous....At first I was not sure if I liked the choice of words, however on reflection, if a manager makes a statement like that before a game its bound to filter through to his players prior to kick off.

Lets not dissapoint :innocent06:

Thanks for the preview

..So Pardew was expecting an intimidating venomous atmosphere at the Gate, - looks like we had 'em partially beaten already by virtue of reputation alone.... GJ had also stated how important a factor a passionate City crowd is to the team.

I suspect it was much to Pardew & his mobs relief, that the reality was that the 15000 strong Red Army didnt live up to its reputation, & they would have been delighted that they weren't shaking in their boots like they should've been during the first half.

The opening 45 mins when our boys on the pitch were up against it a bit was exactly the time when the stands should've been weighing heavily on the Charlton players backs with Sgt Johnsons Red Army support turning up the heat of its supposed Ashton Gate cauldron.

We didnt make the most of Charlton's prior trepidation & we lost the advantage that a noisy Ashton Gate would have given us.

Overall there was not too much between the two sides over 90 mins -just the kind of match when the atmosphere within the crowd can be transmitted into Championship points won instead of lost.

I think we can do better than we did tonight...

its great singing & chanting along with the team when everythings going well on the pitch, but just like helping someone who needs a hand to cross the road when they need it -thats when a big helping hand from supporters is of most value, its in those moments that the team can really benefit from the 12th man effect.

If 15000 City fans cant produce more noise & atmosphere at home than that when we're chasing top spot in the league -I'll bare my backside in my living room window!

Come On You Reds - when the boys seem a bit flat or off colour - get behind 'em big time, wake 'em up, get 'em going & keep 'em going especially when the going gets tough for 'em! ...-if they're not getting you going thats when you gotta get yerselves goin' for 'em.

Atmosphere lively or flat is infectious -lets make it lively!!

It was quiet down their again last night,I think they should start selling books for people to read,cos they certainly aren't interested in singing.

It was amazing how the only time it got loud was when the referee decided he wanted to play for Charlton.

I don't know what we can do about it though

Archived