IGNORED

Guess That Answers The East End Speculation.

A Horse With No Name

I don't have a counter view Terry, I just don;t like the tone in your postings, you seem very aloof.

It makes perfect sense to knock down the East End and replace it with a two tier stand, with the initial idea of connecting to the Dolman for the conferencing aspect being the selling point. I have a feeling however that there is a hight limit that the stand can be built to, hence the 5000 barrier.

Although I feel the idea of boxes in a stand behind the goal seems strange, the plans for the East End look good. This said, I remain convinced that our long term future remains away from Ashton Gate.

It would be much more expensive to build a two tiered stand in the space available although height would not be an issue as the proposed build will be near the same height as the Dolman but hardly increase the original capacity of the East End.

The stand can have a a larger capacity that intended by altering the design and using the space at the rear of the stand and simply removing the boxes and their facilities. This would free up an large space for extra seating.

Connecting it to the Dolman/Williams again would cost more so that could be done later and screening put at either end of the stand to improve the atmosphere.

The above would cost less.

Connecting it to the Dolman/Williams again would cost more so that could be done later and screening put at either end of the stand to improve the atmosphere.

Frome, the whole point of the East End scheme was to connect up the Dolman Hall with the "new" East End. It's a fundemental part of the plan. It wont include seating.

You are very guilty of making statements like the "THE ONLY WAY forward" but unable to explain how the stand will be financed, how long the repayments will take, why boxes are being placed behind a goal bucking trends elsewhere.

Madness is agreeing to something as being the only way forward when facts are not provided to come to a informed choice. Again how will it be financed and how long will the repayments take?

As for what fans want regarding the east end? does it actually matter?....... of course it bloody does and if it didn't we could stick a superamarket behind the ground and not bat an eye lid. Fans want something to be proud of.

the same could be said about any new stand or development though? either way the information is something that will no doubt come out once it has been confirmed what it is happening, currently though we are doing so well in the league that any plans are going to have to be put on hold until we have a better idea of whether or not promotion is achiveable this season, the last thing we need is a possible 1 season in the prem with only 3 stands.

a supermarket could be stuck behind the ground and there is nothing that can be done about it by us or the club since we don't own the land,

Yes fans want something to be proud of, I call it a new stand, which needs to be built to replace the currently embrassing stand, it's got to the point where it's holding the club back and until it is replaced we are always going to look like a small time club

It would be much more expensive to build a two tiered stand in the space available although height would not be an issue as the proposed build will be near the same height as the Dolman but hardly increase the original capacity of the East End.

The stand can have a a larger capacity that intended by altering the design and using the space at the rear of the stand and simply removing the boxes and their facilities. This would free up an large space for extra seating.

The above would cost less.

got to be honest, but I totally misunderstand the point or the obessions with a 2 tier stand, but that's regardless, personally perfer larger single tier stands like the kop,

question though? what space at the rear of the stand, there is possibly 10-15 foot at the back that can be increased on, but apart from that we are lacking in space at the back of the ground as we will still need to incorperate some sort of path around the stand

Frome, the whole point of the East End scheme was to connect up the Dolman Hall with the "new" East End. It's a fundemental part of the plan. It wont include seating.

The scheme was to connect up at a later date and what i described was alternative which increases capacity, would still allow this and be cheaper than what has been proposed.

"It's a fundemental part of the plan"! I have yet to see the club describe this as being fundamental and it is not wholly necessary in the short term.

got to be honest, but I totally misunderstand the point or the obessions with a 2 tier stand, but that's regardless, personally perfer larger single tier stands like the kop,

question though? what space at the rear of the stand, there is possibly 10-15 foot at the back that can be increased on, but apart from that we are lacking in space at the back of the ground as we will still need to incorperate some sort of path around the stand

That 10-15 foot with a gradient provides space but removing the boxes and some of the proposed facilities from design utterly changes the possibilities due to not haivng to consider the boxes sight lines e.g Wolves wasted how many seats saturday. Boxes/ proposed facilities may take up 20% of space which could be used for seating.

Access would be tight but looking at elswhere it would not prevent an alternative design.

The scheme was to connect up at a later date and what i described was alternative which increases capacity, would still allow this and be cheaper than what has been proposed.

"It's a fundemental part of the plan"! I have yet to see the club describe this as being fundamental and it is not wholly necessary in the short term.

So you missed the whole, "we will create the biggest conference center in Bristol" then? The scheme has always planned so that the Dolman Hall goes into the East End concourse, that IS fundemental, because it was at the core of the non-matchday revenue ideal. Right down to how the scheme would be funded.

the same could be said about any new stand or development though? either way the information is something that will no doubt come out once it has been confirmed what it is happening, currently though we are doing so well in the league that any plans are going to have to be put on hold until we have a better idea of whether or not promotion is achiveable this season, the last thing we need is a possible 1 season in the prem with only 3 stands.

a supermarket could be stuck behind the ground and there is nothing that can be done about it by us or the club since we don't own the land,

Yes fans want something to be proud of, I call it a new stand, which needs to be built to replace the currently embrassing stand, it's got to the point where it's holding the club back and until it is replaced we are always going to look like a small time club

Having a stand that adds nothing to the atmosphere is constanly half empty with unusedc boxes and was meant to be our kop would really be something to be proud of.

The same can not be said of any other deveopment as this is a passion not Asda.

Get the plans out now because City need to get it right and fans will want to be in there get it wrong maybe fans will be actually ashamed of it.

So you missed the whole, "we will create the biggest conference center in Bristol" then? The scheme has always planned so that the Dolman Hall goes into the East End concourse, that IS fundemental, because it was at the core of the non-matchday revenue ideal. Right down to how the scheme would be funded.

Sort of misunderstood it as i have never seen the information and i really have looked. But the club did say it will link up at a later date.

Has anybody seen how it will be funded?

Sounds even worse the way you describe it more Holiday Inn than stand.

Sort of misunderstood it as i have never seen the information and i really have looked. But the club did say it will link up at a later date.

Has anybody seen how it will be funded?

Sounds even worse the way you describe it more Holiday Inn than stand.

Yeah, not my bag - Hence while I see the need for it, I doubt I'd stay there.

The funding was supposedly to come through the catering contract, debenture seating and sponsorship. The stand would have paid for itself in 10 years, we were told. In the event the catering contract would not raise the projected capital, so the scheme has been shelved since.

I presume your not a structual engineer then? you can't just build another stand on top of a stand that is already a very bad condition? quite simply it would collapse

No I am obviously not a structural engineer but cant see how adding a 2nd tier would cause it to collapse as the East End is nothing but Concrete with no concourses running underneath it! To be honest I am not hopeful about the option I suggested ever happening but it would be a way of increasing capacity.

Yes Rotherham, thank you for proving my point, game was sold out pretty much and the attedance was around 19500ish, however when Bristol V Bath took place for the rugby the attendance was over 21000, any new stand currently planned will me that we are able to bring around 21500 mark including segratgation, therefore obviously increasing the capacity.

as for City doing without corporate facilities for one season, are you mad? those facilities actually bring in a heck of alot of money into the club whether we like it or not, I can really imagine SL considering rebuilding the Williams right away and giving himself and his mob no facilites.

Just need to look at the plain facts of where do the season ticket holders currently in the Williams stand move to? if the Williams is rebuilt? the old east end, dolman? atyeo? it just makes plain common sense to rebuild the east end first and it is the oldest stand and one of the smallest stands, and rebuilding it asap will inconvience the least amount of people, at least once it is reopened, the williams fans will be able to move into a stand with acceptable facilities.

the fact is that the East End rebuilidng is going to be the first stand to be rebuilt and is the only option, as for what fans want regarding the east end? does it actually matter?.......

Well yes it does kinda matter, As we are the ones that will be expecting to shell out hundreds of pounds a season to sit in there..

Where do I and the away fans' move to when the development takes place? Could prove just as hard to rehouse x amount of away fans and the current EE ST holders as it would to rehouse the Williams ST holders.

Easiest way would to be to just build a stadium elsewhere which could incorporate everyone and this way on one will be unconvinced while building work goes on.

Well yes it does kinda matter, As we are the ones that will be expecting to shell out hundreds of pounds a season to sit in there..

Where do I and the away fans' move to when the development takes place? Could prove just as hard to rehouse x amount of away fans and the current EE ST holders as it would to rehouse the Williams ST holders.

Easiest way would to be to just build a stadium elsewhere which could incorporate everyone and this way on one will be unconvinced while building work goes on.

it's alot easier to reseat 200-300 ST holders from the East End who have only been there one season to another location in the ground, than it is to move however many ST holders in the Williams isn't it? as for Away fans during any redevelopment works, they would just be allocated a much smaller amount of tickets in the ground (500-1k max maybe) rather than being able to being able to bring upto 3000-4000 fans? at least once the East End has been rebuilt any williams fans having to temporarly move will be able to have a decent new stand to move into rather than the tin shed, no view east end

as for new ground, easy copout suggestion, as has been discussed millions of times? where?

I don't have a counter view Terry, I just don;t like the tone in your postings, you seem very aloof.

It makes perfect sense to knock down the East End and replace it with a two tier stand, with the initial idea of connecting to the Dolman for the conferencing aspect being the selling point. I have a feeling however that there is a hight limit that the stand can be built to, hence the 5000 barrier.

Although I feel the idea of boxes in a stand behind the goal seems strange, the plans for the East End look good. This said, I remain convinced that our long term future remains away from Ashton Gate.

Blimey Moomin, thats a somewhat different view you have there. Any suggestions/ideas where to re locate? I aint sure as I reckon for the support we'll regularly have, we can redevelop the old ground, also thinking most new grounds appear to be very soul less, albeit impressive places

Archived