IGNORED

Remember, Remember

no_merde

I just like to take a moment to ask for everyone to commit this period of our clubs history to memory.

I want everyone to remember that our Chairman identified and recruited a manager that has taken a bunch of average lads and turned them into one of the most successful sides so far in Europe's most difficult league. Working with the majority of resources that kept us in the third division of English football for years, his approach has been to primarily concentrate on instilling a pragmatic and progressive approach that has produced a team who are literally willing to die for each other.

With hindsight now the evidence was there for all to see last year; the run of games that we came from behind to either win or draw, his attitude to 'none believers' or 'disruptive influences' in the camp, and it has continued this season with us doing much the sames because our team (largely of home grown talent) simply refuses to ever give up.

The reason I ask for us to remember this is that, looking at teams like West Brom, Southampton, Wigan etc. who put themselves in real financial misery by purchasing "star" players and "star" managers to deliver better results, shows that we are very privileged to have our club demonstrating the better (and largely only way) to do it.

Please never let there be a day when us as supporters force our board or chairman to overstretch ourselves to fund a team of individual "stars". Gary Johnson's legacy to this club should be to demonstrate to the fans that a bunch of committed individuals who are prepared to play and work as a team can achieve something far in excess of a team of individual "stars".

We are extremely fortunate to have a Chairman who recognises this, a manager who can deliver it and a set of players who are willing to die for this ethos.

I hope that we will always remember this.

:city:

anyone else just slightly confused with this or is it just me?

Sorry Goatee, in explanation:

NOTW = News Of The World, home of the greatest tabloid headlines (Saddam Husein's arrest in Iraq = "Bagh-the-dadi"), thus the topical play on the 5/11 for the headline to that post.

Sorry Goatee, in explanation:

NOTW = News Of The World, home of the greatest tabloid headlines (Saddam Husein's arrest in Iraq = "Bagh-the-dadi"), thus the topical play on the 5/11 for the headline to that post.

I know what NOTW stands for, i get it every sunday! Smart ass! But that comment had nothing to do with what i said

I know what NOTW stands for, i get it every sunday! Smart ass! But that comment had nothing to do with what i said

Sorry Goatee,

This was your original post:

QUOTE (no_merde @ Nov 6 2007, 1:32 PM) *

I used to work for the NOTW.

anyone else just slightly confused with this or is it just me?

What part is confusing you that you need help with?

He said sme very interesting, insightful and true things; and all he gets is an argument for calling someone goatee and trying to exlain a question that he was asked

I will remember this team, and look forward to 30 years time when i can take my son to the football and sit down in the Gary Johnson stand and talk about Adriano Basso and his team of believers

I just like to take a moment to ask for everyone to commit this period of our clubs history to memory.

I want everyone to remember that our Chairman identified and recruited a manager that has taken a bunch of average lads and turned them into one of the most successful sides so far in Europe's most difficult league.

I think you will find that it was John Fry from the village down the road that identified...

:)

S

Archived