IGNORED

Tonight

jimm69er

Think we will do well to get 16,000 tonight. Lack of away support and inbetween 2 away days.

What has it being between two away days got to do with it?

If we don't get over 16k it'll be a poor show IMO, the biggest game of the season so far and on a terrific run, demand should be such that we are pushing the Charlton fans into the corner of the East End and giving another block to home fans as the demand was so high, but with us being a footballing backwater your probably right. :disapointed2se:

Anyone know what charlton are predicted to bring tonight????

I would have thought they'd bring a decent enough following as it isn't that far!!!!!

About 500 or so i think. They never have been well followed away from home. Think my dad told me that they once brought about 200 or so for a saturday game.

What has it being between two away days got to do with it?

If we don't get over 16k it'll be a poor show IMO, the biggest game of the season so far and on a terrific run, demand should be such that we are pushing the Charlton fans into the corner of the East End and giving another block to home fans as the demand was so high, but with us being a footballing backwater your probably right. :disapointed2se:

See my post in earlier thread.

Why aren't we expecting a big gate for what should be a good game against a side recently in the Premiership?

Is it the prices that are keeping people away? Or the fact that we are not playing attractive entertaining football? Or the fact that people can'st sit in a particular stand? Or is that people just can't be bothered and use things like price, entertainment, the East End or whatever as a convenient excuse?

The more I think about it the more convinced I am that it is the latter.

A side that has lost less than any other side in this league, that has won 4 of its last 5 games against opposition, most of whom were tipped to be there or thereabouts at the end of the season, is playing some of the best football with a better team spirit than most fans can remember surely deserves better support than we are getting now.

Why aren't we expecting a big gate for what should be a good game against a side recently in the Premiership?

Is it the prices that are keeping people away? Or the fact that we are not playing attractive entertaining football? Or the fact that people can'st sit in a particular stand? Or is that people just can't be bothered and use things like price, entertainment, the East End or whatever as a convenient excuse?

A side that has lost less than any other side in this league, that has won 4 of its last 5 games against opposition, most of whom were tipped to be there or thereabouts at the end of the season, is playing some of the best football with a better team spirit than most fans can remember surely deserves better support than we are getting now.

It's all about the ££££££ We might be playing the best stuff in years & flying high in the league but at teh end of the day it's to expensive. The Pay on the day fans will not pay it & I don't blame them as I am one of them but will be in attendance tonight!

600 Tops, they are poor travellers and i assume you have never been to Charlton as you say it isnt that far?!

First saw charlton away at selhurst, then at upton park and been to the valley twice, once after they had just returned then in the cup replay, so both saturday and midweek!!

I know what you're saying as it's at the ass end of london, which can be a pain for away fans plotting the best route across, but for charlton fans who should know the area well it shouldn't be a massive problem, especially as they'd be leaving before the worst of the rush hour!!

Also not all their fans come from the south east of london. Iknow of a few that live and work in GLOUCESTERSHIRE.

I know they aren't the best of travellers and in the past when they have brought tiny away followings they were getting poor home attendances, but in recent years they have been getting well over 30,000 so i would have thought they could manage near a 1000 for this, but hey, maybe all fans are'nt as good as ours!!!! :clapping::dancing6:

but hey, maybe all fans are'nt as good as ours!!!! :clapping::dancing6:

To be fair, i don't think there are many better sets of fans than ours. Our away following is one of the best in the country.

I was impressed by how many Blackpool seemed to have taken to West Brom the other week for a night game. Looked like they sold out of their allocation.

A couple of years ago i would feel exactly the same as you, but to be honest the only advantage i can see of getting more of the armchair fans in is the money, which of course is important!!

The trouble is that these fans are in no way as passionate about our club as the likes of you that have stuck through all the thin and thin times, and it normally ends up killing the atmosphere, as many of them enjoy taking the piss and moaning when things aren't going all our way.

In the past i alway's dreamed of a 30,000 plus ASHTON GATE full of sreaming mad fans, but the truth is it ain't ever going to happen with the BRISTOL public, so let's forget about it and make the most of what we have, and enjoy the success while it lasts!!!

Look at the darkside and their finals last year, and their average gate!! Where i work their were 4 what i would call sagheads that went with varying regularity. (to r****s that is, not the toilet, although not much difference).

Suddenly, to my amazement i found there were 30 lurking around that had "always followed the r****s!! Just like when we had when we went to bahhddifff and WEMBLEY!!!

They'll all be there when we play manure and liverpool next season, but will all dissappear like 1980 if we go down!!

We don't need them to be successful on the pitch, so lets just make the most of what we've got and make enough noise to counter any empty seats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be fair, i don't think there are many better sets of fans than ours. Our away following is one of the best in the country.

Agreed!!!

Wish i could still afford to do most of them as i used to, but eventually family life takes it's toll. ( though the kids are getting older all the time, roll on the time they bugger off to college or get jobs)!!!!

spot on about Rovers, 40k+ for 2 finals last season and only a few months later, they are getting 7k for a local derby against Yeovil,

truth be known, I think your right, there has long been a case that alot of the Bristol public just aren't interested in Bristol Football, regardless of what side of the river they are.

Wolves wasn't a cheap day out and niether will Ipswich be, throw a home game into the middle of it and it works out a very expensive week for football.

But my guess is that most of the fans who went to the away games would be season ticket holders (plus even if everyone who goes to Ipswich isn't a season ticket holder this would only add about 1000 to the gate).

yes it is and tickets are on sale up until kick off.

Also weve sold about 800 tickets for Ipswich away on saturday

Giles, is Ipswich all ticket or pay on the day?

Archived