IGNORED

Complacency From Gj

Redhyde

Nope, we're not good enough to have two people up front. It takes away from what we've been good at in dominating the midfield and allowing our defenders and wingers to attack. There's a way we're effective and that's 4-5-1 attacking in numbers from all angles.

Our players man for man are not good enough to play the 4-4-2 system against the top sides in this league. And it does smack of GJ starting to believe the hype. Or was it a case of Noble just feeling his way back from injury?

When they played 4-5-1 against our 4-4-2 they were better. When we played 4-5-1 against their 4-4-2 we were better.

The goal is frankly irrelevant it's the performance that was obviously poor.

Noble will start on Saturday, and it's a close call as to who to drop between Byfield and Trundle.

Nope, we're not good enough to have two people up front. It takes away from what we've been good at in dominating the midfield and allowing our defenders and wingers to attack. There's a way we're effective and that's 4-5-1 attacking in numbers from all angles.

Our players man for man are not good enough to play the 4-4-2 system against the top sides in this league. And it does smack of GJ starting to believe the hype. Or was it a case of Noble just feeling his way back from injury?

When they played 4-5-1 against our 4-4-2 they were better. When we played 4-5-1 against their 4-4-2 we were better.

The goal is frankly irrelevant it's the performance that was obviously poor.

Noble will start on Saturday, and it's a close call as to who to drop between Byfield and Trundle.

Yea i agree , we only started playing when Noble came on. I think he will start on Sat with Byfield up top

:laugh: if it had been 0-0 that above post would not even be there!

It'd would be there if it was 1-0 to us...

I started writing it at 85 minutes and waited to the final whistle to post. Hence the irrelevance of the the goal comment.

If you disagree... great, say why you think we retained the possession and created lots of chances in the 4-4-2.

We were the better side for most of the game and most players worked their socks off. The result had nothing to do with playing two up front, it was just one of those things that happens - like we did to Sheff Wed. I thought Trundle was unlucky to get subbed, Lee Johnson was a better candidate to come off for me since he'd played poorly up til then.

There wasn't even a tiny hint of complacency anywhere about BCFC tonight.

It'd would be there if it was 1-0 to us...

I started writing it at 85 minutes and waited to the final whistle to post. Hence the irrelevance of the the goal comment.

If you disagree... great, say why you think we retained the possession and created lots of chances in the 4-4-2.

You have answered your own thread,

anyone who was actually at the game will disagree totally with your posting, as myself and others have done.

it's easy to point criticism towards the team and manager, but it's only really valid if you have actually witness the game and can then put accross a true reflection of what ACTUALLY happened,

think ?Nibor is spot on

I agree to the original post. Noble is imperative for this side, and we need to play a 4-4-1-1/4-5-1...this is why, playing 4-4-2, we got overran in midfield yesterday, their 5 men in the first half especially, had a lot of time and space, on another night they could have been 2 or 3 up by half time, luckily for us, in the first half, they couldn't produce any quality in the final third.

If Noble is fit, he has to play, preferably with Byfield upfront.

We were the better side for most of the game and most players worked their socks off. The result had nothing to do with playing two up front, it was just one of those things that happens - like we did to Sheff Wed. I thought Trundle was unlucky to get subbed, Lee Johnson was a better candidate to come off for me since he'd played poorly up til then.

There wasn't even a tiny hint of complacency anywhere about BCFC tonight.

you say we were the better side but how many saves did their keeper make in either a 442 or 451 formation? They could have won that game 3-0 and you would have had no complaints from me.

Am i the only person on here who thought Noble was poor when he came on yesterday?

We were out classed and out fought yesterday, that why we lost, not because of Trundle, Johnson or Noble!!

their chinese player and Andy Reid were a different class to everyone else out on the pitch last night, they ran the show!!

Am i the only person on here who thought Noble was poor when he came on yesterday?

We were out classed and out fought yesterday, that why we lost, not because of Trundle, Johnson or Noble!!

their chinese player and Andy Reid were a different class to everyone else out on the pitch last night, they ran the show!!

Agree with comment on Andy Reid ......Imagine him alongside Marvin! WOW

We should have man marked him towrds the end as he ran the last ten minutes or so but hindsight is great etc

What I think we lacked last night was creativity..hence I guess the arrival of Noble but I also understand the original comments re why do we have to substitute a striker for Nobes?

Can Nobes not play in 442?

Also miss a forward substitute who can come on and make things happen up front (all defence and midfield on bench and IMO no strikers good enough at club to remedy this)

you say we were the better side but how many saves did their keeper make in either a 442 or 451 formation? They could have won that game 3-0 and you would have had no complaints from me.

How many did Basso have to make that were of any note? A good save from a free kick and one chance that the beast fluffed, the rest were routine long rangers. We had about the same _real_ chances on goal and far more of the possession in their territory. Charlton defended well and hit us on the break in a fairly typical away performance. They had >£20m of talent and they pumped direct balls forward to a basketball player all game, I think we were on balance the better side and very unlucky to not win let alone lose.

Archived