IGNORED

'hype!'

Brizred

Don't think it's GJ believing 'the hype' but maybe one or two posters on here. I've just watched two committed teams attacking each other end to end, playing fast moving football, it was a great game to watch, end to end stuff, not many chances created but an exciting match, well done to the players who all gave 100%, also after conceding a goal in the last minute the fans singing at the end of the game was a credit to the supporters. This is a world away from the dross of the last 9 seasons.

League 1 Runners up v Relegated Established Premiership team,

held them for 89mins, and went away feeling very unlucky.

THIS IS HOW FAR WE HAVE COME

Indeed.

Charlton's squad cost them well over £20m and their wage bill is probably four times ours.

We were the better side and they won with a typical away smash'n'grab.

We also played with far more style.

If I was a Charlton fan I'd be disappointed with what they've got in terms of value for money, but thankfully I'm a City fan and not only am I delighted with how we're doing so far I'm confident this team will bounce back with a strong performance against Ipswich.

Indeed.

Charlton's squad cost them well over £20m and their wage bill is probably four times ours.

If I was a Charlton fan I'd be disappointed with what they've got in terms of value for money, but thankfully I'm a City fan and not only am I delighted with how we're doing so far I'm confident this team will bounce back with a strong performance against Ipswich.

Agree with your point about Charltons value for money but still thought they're a good quick footballing side which City matched, 2nd half especially was a great advert for this level of football. Thought the crowd noise was good all around the ground.

Agree with your point about Charltons value for money but still thought they're a good quick footballing side which City matched, 2nd half especially was a great advert for this level of football. Thought the crowd noise was good all around the ground.

It was end to end and in that respect it was exciting but Charlton had a very limited game plan as I saw it. Short pass to Reid, hits it long to the giant cheater at the other end, scrabble after the resulting ball. I thought we played with better passing and a more attractive style of play, but perhaps it's fair to say that a bit more ugliness was needed against a side like that.

It was end to end and in that respect it was exciting but Charlton had a very limited game plan as I saw it. Short pass to Reid, hits it long to the giant cheater at the other end, scrabble after the resulting ball. I thought we played with better passing and a more attractive style of play, but perhaps it's fair to say that a bit more ugliness was needed against a side like that.

Thought they attacked us with pace in the 2nd half and we did the same to them, best game ive seen from McIndoe, just enjoying games down there at this level.

Thought they attacked us with pace in the 2nd half and we did the same to them, best game ive seen from McIndoe, just enjoying games down there at this level.

Well yeah I can see what you mean, they were playing on the break after half time.

McIndoe wanted it badly tonight, and he was unlucky that free kick was cleared off the line - it was a nice little routine and a great strike. Why he got booked for being grabbed around the throat is a mystery to me.

Well yeah I can see what you mean, they were playing on the break after half time.

McIndoe wanted it badly tonight, and he was unlucky that free kick was cleared off the line - it was a nice little routine and a great strike. Why he got booked for being grabbed around the throat is a mystery to me.

Forgot about that Nibor, incredible decision made, the guy squared up to him and grabbed him round the throat, he's off I said to the bloke next to me, but no, Terry ######kwit the ref, books our man.

They matched us for commitment, probably just shaded a very even game, and produced that bit of class to score at a crucial time. A good game, not impressed with the antics of Charlton or the ref. However, it is easy to forget how far we have come in a short space of time, and without spending heaps. The third injury time goal that we have conceded at home this season, costing us points.

Life is still good as a City fan.

And let's not forget the poignant pre-match - A pity that certain individuals on the pitch and in the dug-out could not conduct themselves with same dignity as the Randall family. Nick would be proud of you.

Indeed.

Please please please bump this thread on saturday evening because i just love that optimism!!!!! :fingerscrossed:

Archived