IGNORED

Charlton

Nibor

I'm in two minds as to whether Charlton were a decent side or not.

On the plus side they were organised and committed, they were the only side I've seen at the Gate that consistently closed us down in our own half, and they had a little touch of quality in Reid. That Zheng Zhi is the sort of player I hate playing against, he never gave anyone time on the ball.

On the negative side they were dirty cynical cheats playing unimaginative long ball crap to a fifty pee head monster who has the footballing talent of a 3 legged camel. I've gone off Pardew too the cheeky ######.

We'll play a lot worse than that at Ashton Gate and still get three points, in fact we have already so does that make Charlton a decent side?

2 teams, one was in the prem last season, the other in league 1, both teams put out a strong and commited performance.

Zheng zhi....very good player, after west brom, best team down the gate this season, very organised and very very high work rate and VERY committed, imagine what they would be like with Ben Thacher back in the team.

We wouldn't have scored if we were still playing now, disagreed with the Subs of Trundle, thought he should have stayed on and johnson should have gone off.

To be honest I thought that they were the first team I've seen this season who had a higher work-rate than us. Not a lot more but enough to stop us knocking the ball around so much. First half we didn't really get into it did we. They also pushed and pulled and ankle kicked their way through a lot of the game, but that was down to the second-rate ref who seemed to have little idea on what was going on or how to control it.

Our game changed when Nobes came on and in the second half we really got at them and with a bit more composure in the final third might have gone in front. But not to be tonight. Oh well guess we've been spoiled a bit! :city:

I'm in two minds as to whether Charlton were a decent side or not.

On the plus side they were organised and committed, they were the only side I've seen at the Gate that consistently closed us down in our own half, and they had a little touch of quality in Reid. That Zheng Zhi is the sort of player I hate playing against, he never gave anyone time on the ball.

On the negative side they were dirty cynical cheats playing unimaginative long ball crap to a fifty pee head monster who has the footballing talent of a 3 legged camel. I've gone off Pardew too the cheeky ######.

We'll play a lot worse than that at Ashton Gate and still get three points, in fact we have already so does that make Charlton a decent side?

Typical Alan Pardew side for me. They were dirty, niggly, bordering on cheating gits and didn't look anything special given the talent at their disposal. Andy Reid ran the show though and beats Ismael Miller for the best oppostition player I've seen this season and that was the difference.

Unfortunately, they will be there or there abouts at the end of the season because of their squad. If we can add some genuine class to our team in January then I wouldn't back against us beating them in the corresponding fixture...

Charlton are a good side if Andy Reid is given the ball - otherwise the back four and midfielders are lacking the passing skills that lead to the ball up to Chris (cant spell his surname). The whole of the 2nd half they only looked to pass to Andy Reid and let him pull the strings - we were shockingly bad in closing him down in the 2nd haf - the first half and quite a bit of the 2nd half everyone is saying didnt charlton close us down well - well no they didnt is my assessment it was the match where all our midfielders were guilty of the under hit pass e.g. the passes would have been good had they been hit a bit firmeror had more weight on them - if we had done that one thing better we would not have given possession away so many times (charlton didnt close down well we just gave the ball away in a manner that appeared to look as if they were doing a cracking job) and they would have tired quicker - you saw how desperate they were becoming as they didnt have the fitness to close us down in the 2nd half and Pardew exuded the same panic by kicking the ball away a couple of times when he knew his side was tired and in severe danger of losing.

Charlton - good side - No but give Andy Reid a shed load of time on the ball like we did then we made them look better than they actually are.

First half they played some good stuff, but part of that is because we stoof off them and invited pressure. That, coupled with the fact we were awful in the first half! Second half they werent impressive. Resulted to "gamesmanship" to get in our players heads and conning the referee. Good move for their goal but just about all they did in the 2nd half. West Brom were/are a better team IMO.

Archived