IGNORED

Premiership Class

Olé

...erm, nowhere in evidence, sorry Charlton fans who clicked with a big head. A hugely even game that no team deserved to win or lose, I've no objection to one team winning it at the end, but when you behave like a non-league side, it does tend to devalue the victory and will probably make our players feel like they threw it away and let a bunch of nobodies win.

To clarify that statement - and this is really for the benefit of any Charlton fans who happen to be reading - but I haven't seen a coach kick the ball away and hide since I was about five and playing primary school football. If that was supposed to be the behaviour of an ex-Premiership club then I know a park team round here who should be in Europe. Utterly classless.

It's more or less what I would expect from someone who works alongside Alan Pardew but to see it executed was just embarrassing. We've come up a division to the Championship and been more or less lucky to play in the company of better quality of sides - yet today we lose to a distinctly average team whose bench behave like it's Sunday morning down the park.

Quick, kick the ball away and hide, that's Premiership quality for you... in the meantime for 90 minutes the only difference between the two sides was the referee who is from Cheshire but behaved like he traveled down from South London on the Charlton coach. I have no objections to the result as either team could sneak it, but officiating like today is utterly utterly pathetic.

To clarify that statement - and this is really for the benefit of any Charlton fans who happen to be reading - but I haven't seen a coach kick the ball away and hide since I was about five and playing primary school football. If that was supposed to be the behaviour of an ex-Premiership club then I know a park team round here who should be in Europe. Utterly classless.

It's more or less what I would expect from someone who works alongside Alan Pardew but to see it executed was just embarrassing. We've come up a division to the Championship and been more or less lucky to play in the company of better quality of sides - yet today we lose to a distinctly average team whose bench behave like it's Sunday morning down the park.

They only done it the three times :badmood:

• Admin

Let's be frank, they were the most manipulative, cynical, 'cheating' bunch of players I have seen at the Gate this season. I thought West Brom were bad, but Charlton took the piss. Every time they had the ball and we got within 5 yards they fell over or 'dived'. I know the Ref was to blame, but some of the 'tackles' were disgraceful. At least Southampton and Sheff Utd were honest.

If this is what the Premiership holds, I'm not so sure I want it.

And don't call me frank!

Very very frustrating night for City, even before Charlton scored.

How did Charlton get away with constantly kicking the ball away and always standing on the ball when we wanted to take a quick free kick? I'll never know why Reid didn't get a booking for this.

Now I love our dear manager, and I think Lee J is a decent player but tonight he had a shocker. Therefore why on earth didn't Noble come on for Johnson? Our manager's one main weakness is his seeming inability to take his son off. Such a shite goal to let in aswell, with Carey and Orr (?) falling over each other.

We've had 2 shocking refs in a row, time for a good one at Ipswich. I expect we'll be the first team to come away from there with the points now!

Charlton assistant boss Phil Parkinson was sent to the stands in stoppage time after kicking the ball away on the touchline, something his superior Alan Pardew had already done twice during the match.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1161339,00.html

Sums it up really. I've been so proud this season to be a Bristol City supporter. Can you imagine what it must be like supporting that? :ermm:

I guess it must be soul destroying knowing that you can try and try and try and put everything you've got into a club and the best you can produce is a distinctly average manager for West Ham.

Oh for a Gerry Harrison circa 1992 moment today...

Archived