IGNORED

Time For Jevons?

rossjonesuk

In this league strikers have more time on the ball, and a bit of skill is sometimes the difference between 3pts and a draw.

We know Jevo is a player who likes the ball into his feet where he can try something with it, and that he's more than capable of hitting them in from 20 yards out if defences back off him... Surely he's worth a game or two?? Byfield for me didn't look anywhere near scoring either tonight or on Saturday at Wolves - Trundle's place is debatable game on game but as you never know when he's going to do something to bag you the 3pts he's a hard man to drop - so why not Jevo and Trundle??

Lets not forget he was our top scorer last season and Yeovils for the two seasons before that... there are goals in him and at the moment we don't seem to have an out and out striker.

(Before you suggest it - I personally would put Noble in for LJ and not 'in the hole')

Lets sort out the shocking under hit passes in our midfield today before start looking to change our strikers.

Yep, midfield were poor, totally overrun in the first half, poor paasing, and as for johnson! time to give him a rest and try someone else, far to lightweight for this division, will never win a 50-50 ball, and gives the ball away far to often, time to try skuse, or noble in midfield.

In this league strikers have more time on the ball, and a bit of skill is sometimes the difference between 3pts and a draw.

We know Jevo is a player who likes the ball into his feet where he can try something with it, and that he's more than capable of hitting them in from 20 yards out if defences back off him... Surely he's worth a game or two?? Byfield for me didn't look anywhere near scoring either tonight or on Saturday at Wolves - Trundle's place is debatable game on game but as you never know when he's going to do something to bag you the 3pts he's a hard man to drop - so why not Jevo and Trundle??

Lets not forget he was our top scorer last season and Yeovils for the two seasons before that... there are goals in him and at the moment we don't seem to have an out and out striker.

(Before you suggest it - I personally would put Noble in for LJ and not 'in the hole')

We've lost one game. GJ should keep faith with the players that have got us to 3rd. Jevons wouldnt improve the team, if anything he'll make it worse, and we'd be less likely to score.

:rofl2br:

Yes yes bring Jevons in! And also, I think it is time to re-call Alex Russell and put him in for Elliott, as well as drop Sproule and get Betsy out wide to!!

Any chance of bring Andy Smith back?? :whistle2:

:rofl2br:

Yes yes bring Jevons in! And also, I think it is time to re-call Alex Russell and put him in for Elliott, as well as drop Sproule and get Betsy out wide to!!

Any chance of bring Andy Smith back?? :whistle2:

Andy Smith is with Portadown, and he scored :shocking:

I would like to see Jevo giving a chance, he is injured but GJ has said he still has a part to play this season. Could do any worse than Trundle!!

Yep, midfield were poor, totally overrun in the first half, poor paasing, and as for johnson! time to give him a rest and try someone else, far to lightweight for this division, will never win a 50-50 ball, and gives the ball away far to often, time to try skuse, or noble in midfield.

:noexpression: :disapointed2se:

same old crap on here. we lose or get a result we don't deserve and automatically its Johnson's fault! What about a few of Elliot's passes in the first half that went nowhere near the player it was supposed to? Or Bradley Orr's shocking attempt at a cross in the first half? Or Sproule's awful first time ball straight into the keepers hands in the 2nd half?!

Give it a rest mate! :disapointed2se::disapointed2se::disapointed2se:

Jevons at least deserves a chance & i hope he gets it once back from injury. Trundle isnt going to cut it in this league which is fairly obvious & the only reason he isnt being dropped is the £1 million price tag on his head.

Has he or has he not been on the bench over the last few weeks? so he has been dropped then?

Obviously with our success so far teams are beginning to notice us now and maybe take their preparation for the games more seriously than they might. So maybe teams are sussing us out a bit and we need to freshen things up a bit?

However, before Truddle is dropped/rested/banashed to the reserves I'd like to see him given a decent chance with Noble maybe. They don't seem to have played much together, as one tends to be subbed for the other or Noble is injured.

Saying that Byfield is twice the player I feared he would be, he really puts in the full shift and tries to make things happen, harsh if he loses his place. Also Trundle, for a big man, goes down way too easily and mostly fails to win the freekick.

Obviously with our success so far teams are beginning to notice us now and maybe take their preparation for the games more seriously than they might. So maybe teams are sussing us out a bit and we need to freshen things up a bit?

However, before Truddle is dropped/rested/banashed to the reserves I'd like to see him given a decent chance with Noble maybe. They don't seem to have played much together, as one tends to be subbed for the other or Noble is injured.

Saying that Byfield is twice the player I feared he would be, he really puts in the full shift and tries to make things happen, harsh if he loses his place. Also Trundle, for a big man, goes down way too easily and mostly fails to win the freekick.

Byfield runs his socks off and gives it his all. Its very hard playing as a lone striker, but he does it very very well. I heard Trundle on the commentary going down on a number of occasions.

The only way to incorperate Nobes and Trundle is to drop LJ as Trundle is no good as a loan striker. This would be a shame on Lee J as he has been part of a successful midfield thus far.

I would agree we need to freshen up

Andy Smith is with Portadown, and he scored :shocking:

I would like to see Jevo giving a chance, he is injured but GJ has said he still has a part to play this season. Could do any worse than Trundle!!

Jevons :disapointed2se: he could'nt hack it in league 1 and would be even further out of his depth in this division. Trundle has been part of a team that has only lost twice so far so it does not need changing.

Trundle may not be the hardest worker etc but at least he isnt scared to challenge and fight for the cause unlike Jevons who last season spent most games hiding.

Ridiculous post. Firstly, Lee Johnson has been excellent in the last 3 games, at Wolves and Norwich he ran the show, always looking for the ball and has stopped a lot of his hollywood passes. He didn't have a bad game yesterday necessarily, Charlton showed an excellent workrate, which is better than anything i've seen this year, which will obviously effect our game. If the midfield was 'overrun' why wasn't this Elliott's fault?? I thought, for the first time, he was poor yesterday. If he doesn't show that awesome work rate, he doesn't offer that much.

Criticise players yes, but criticise them based on the last performance not on reputation! Johnson played better that Elliott last night, but i don't believe either deserve to be singled out.

Remember, we dominated the second half and only lost to that little bit of class from Reid. All is still rosy at Ashton.

I think Jevons could do a job from the bench in the next few games to shake it up - but realisitcally we shouldn't be changing a team thats only lost twice in this league - suspensions and injuries omitted, of course.

Byfield runs his socks off and gives it his all. Its very hard playing as a lone striker, but he does it very very well. I heard Trundle on the commentary going down on a number of occasions.

The only way to incorperate Nobes and Trundle is to drop LJ as Trundle is no good as a loan striker. This would be a shame on Lee J as he has been part of a successful midfield thus far.

I would agree we need to freshen up

How on earth will this work? Noble doesn't play in centre midfield!! He hasn't played there for a year and a half and he will not play centre midfield for Bristol City under Gary Johnson. Therefore, you'll ask Elliott to get through an immense amount of work playing in midfield on his own, with two out and out wide players.

Noble can only play behind the front striker.

Oh, and as for Jevons, don't go looking for things that aren't there. He was poor last year in League One and if Trundle is finding it tough, Jevons will too.

I think Jevons could do a job from the bench in the next few games to shake it up - but realisitcally we shouldn't be changing a team thats only lost twice in this league - suspensions and injuries omitted, of course.

Of course, keep Trundle on the Bench, I wouldn't say to drop him down to the reserves or anything like that. Might be a great impact player. But Jevons should have a place there too

:noexpression: :disapointed2se:

same old crap on here. we lose or get a result we don't deserve and automatically its Johnson's fault! What about a few of Elliot's passes in the first half that went nowhere near the player it was supposed to? Or Bradley Orr's shocking attempt at a cross in the first half? Or Sproule's awful first time ball straight into the keepers hands in the 2nd half?!

Give it a rest mate! :disapointed2se::disapointed2se::disapointed2se:

Absolutely spot on!!

Yes Johnson was fairly quiet last night, but I think a lot of that was down to Elliot having his worst game so far, and GJ electing to play 4-4-2......yet surprise surprise the "Johnson's son" bashers appear like clockwork!

Certain players always get criticised whilst others can do no wrong.

As you sy.....same old crap.

Jevons has great ability, I think he should be given the same run in the side that trundle has had

He had all of last season to show us this "great ability" so perhaps he was hiding it away somewhere :noexpression:. I would love to know where you have seen this "great ability" because most of us havent.

He had all of last season to show us this "great ability" so perhaps he was hiding it away somewhere :noexpression:. I would love to know where you have seen this "great ability" because most of us havent.

Exactly. He was poor last season, and for people to say otherwise, I think they are looking at it with rose tinted specs.

Ive lost count of the times ive heard this saying "Jevons would do ok as you have more time on the ball in the Championship"

That is garbage. I have nothing against Jevo, not a bad player, just not good enough I'm afraid, and the quicker people realise this the better

Unfortunately for Jevo most of his performances last season were in the cup or away from home. At AG I will admit I don't think I saw him perform ONCE last season! But the ability he showed away from home and in the cup (where he was scoring for fun), shows the potential to be the 20 goal a season striker I don't believe we have in the squad at the moment.

I may be totally wrong and the argument that if Trundle is struggling at this level, Jevo will even more so, has a lot of credibility - but if you don't stick him on the bench and give him the last 20 mins for a few games how's the lad going to prove any of us right or wrong??

I think an arguement for Jevon's is the amount of goals he's got in this "second first team" we've got this season.

Personally I believe there's more to it than just performances keeping him out of the team....i'm speculating, but hey!

:ph34r:

Unfortunately for Jevo most of his performances last season were in the cup or away from home. At AG I will admit I don't think I saw him perform ONCE last season! But the ability he showed away from home and in the cup (where he was scoring for fun), shows the potential to be the 20 goal a season striker I don't believe we have in the squad at the moment.

I may be totally wrong and the argument that if Trundle is struggling at this level, Jevo will even more so, has a lot of credibility - but if you don't stick him on the bench and give him the last 20 mins for a few games how's the lad going to prove any of us right or wrong??

Thats the only way to end the debate, give the lad a go.

Archived