IGNORED

A New Striker

gazza1982

Does anyone else feel that one area we could do with improving is our front line in the transfer window?

I'm not knocking our current players or forwards who have done a fantastic job in getting us to where we now are, but one problem in games this season has been keeping possession and holding the ball from the front.

Do we go for a 'target' man type, someone who can win headers, be strong and hold the ball up? I'm hoping we can get a fully fit Steve Brooker who in my eyes would be our 1st choice striker with Trundle or Byfield playing up along side him. The only doubt I have is if Brooker can be the player he was a few seasons back.

rasiak or sharp on loan

I can't see us getting either. Sharp would be good but would he work alongside a Trundle or Byfield?

Point I was making, is do we go for another forward or hope that Brooker can be fully fit and capable of doing a job for us? I same to recall reading that he is likely to be pushing his way back around Xmas time.

I suspect Jevons and Showunmi will both be shown the door in January meaning we will need to get a striker.

The idea of Rasiak in highly unrealistic as Saints won't sell him for less than £2m let alone ship him out on loan. We've got a better chance of getting Bradley Wright-Phillips.

Both Sharp and Sahar may well be available on loan but neither have even got a goal in the Champioship so it's hard to see how they could add to what we've already got.

David Connolly on the other hand would be ideal. 20+ goals for Sunderland last season and seemingly surplus to requirements up there now they're in the Prem. He would surely be chomping at the bit to join a good, footballing team in a league where he knows he'll score goals, on loan with a view to a permanent move at the end of the season.

I'd have liked us to have been in for Rowan Vine when he became available but QPR will complete that deal in January now.

Maybe we could target one of West Hams strikers?

If their injury problems ease we maybe able to get someone like Cole, even Zamora on loan if they go ahead and spend big in January again...

Another possibility could be a deal for Blackburn's Paul Gallaghar good player, seems very able to score goals at this level.

If we can stay in the top 6 by Xmas we will be in a very strong posistion to get in some recognised quality at this level, which can only be a good thing.

So i would say yes, it's a good time to buy if we can, or a guy on loan would be fine.

Isn't Byfeild only on a 1 year deal? So we may lose him at the end of the season, if that's the case, we would need to think about getting somone in at Xmas, rather than the silly money that gets thrown around in the summer

Maybe we could target one of West Hams strikers?

If their injury problems ease we maybe able to get someone like Cole, even Zamora on loan if they go ahead and spend big in January again...

Another possibility could be a deal for Blackburn's Paul Gallaghar good player, seems very able to score goals at this level.

Isnt Gallaghar at Preston, doing very poorly.

Did ok at Stoke last season.

Archived