IGNORED

Parking

wookey

For some unknown reason the police cone off a far greater number of parking places for a big match than for a normal match; thereby making parking anywhere near the ground far more difficult. This is excerbated by the far greater number of fans.

Can anyone give a sensible reason for this behaviour?

Presumably for safety of those walking in an out of the ground - less cars parked means more space for the extra fans to walk to, and especially from, the ground safely.

Also it makes it easier for the police to move quickly around the ground should they need to in case of trouble/emergency/both

apart from that i dont have a scooby

I would also think its likely to do with numbers coming out after the game, It amazes me the morons that drive at people at speed thinking thats the best way to move a crowd of people after the game, I have seen a few flash points with people trying to cross or walk along the gutter getting cars beeping and driving at them.

• Admin

Just a reminder that traffic and indeed parking is going to be more than the usual nightmare tomorrow. The bottom end of North St, between The Coopers and Aldi is coned off and there are temporary traffic lights in place.

Just a reminder that traffic and indeed parking is going to be more than the usual nightmare tomorrow. The bottom end of North St, between The Coopers and Aldi is coned off and there are temporary traffic lights in place.

And another reminder that the Long Ashton Park & Ride is open for just £3 per car.

Cheers,

Adam

:dunno: where abouts apart from Long Ashton is it :) drop of point :D frequency :( bit more info? from an ex Bristol boy. ta

Well it isn't so much Park & Ride, more so much Park. The club have acquired the car park for this game to help supporters with parking at the £3 cost.

It's around 800yds from the ground, just off the A370 on the first left-hand turning away from the stadium. Next to David Lloyd (the Leisure Centre, not the famous forum member!).

Hope that helps,

Adam

MAP: Follow the Red A370 away from Ashton Gate (circled) and branch off left on the orange road. Turn left at the lights and you're there. The P&R is actually the P on the map. And as you can see, it's less than a mile from the ground, so walking distance.

post-2-1080918648.jpg

It's around 800yds from the ground along the AXXX on the first left-hand turning away from the stadium. Next to David Lloyd (the Leisure Centre, not the famous forum member!).

I wouldn't go parking next to me tomorrow. I'll be in London :dunno:

• Admin

The Weston Rd. Stay on it over the Cumberland Basin and keep Ashton Gate and the Park on the left. Once over the Bridge, the road narrows to one lane and there is a filter lane on the left, take this and turn left at the lights. I think it's signposted Long Ashton.

Guest puddy_bcfc

ages ago i thought i heard something about having to ring for a place in the car park is this still the case, or can i just turn up at the car park?

thanks

Archived