IGNORED

24 Hours Later...

BCFC Clevedon_Red

Firstly, I want to say how I believe that the loss last night was not at all down to lack of effort as I feel that our work rate was once again top class. I also think that we were fairly "jaded" last night however effort was not an issue.

Charlton matched our work ethic and like a caller on BBC Bristol rightly said last night they were one of the only sides to have done that this season. Credit to them. Charlton were a good footballing side who in the first half put us under a lot of pressure but I think that was due to the fact that they played 5 across the midfield and were constantly over-running us in that area, causing our front two to have to come back and defend. This left little outlet for counter-attacking and we struggled. In saying that I thought we defended galiantly but sloppily. Some postional and tactical errors at the back caused some scares but I was faitly satisfied with the first half score line considering the onslaught. We did have our attacks but lacked a real cutting edge, almost panic getting the better of us.

Second Half and Pardew brought on Luke Varney to play along side Iwelumo which totally changed the game and it showed through the constant posession we had of the ball. Noble made a major difference when he came on and I thought that we would go on and win the game. I just think that its that old saying that you have to take your chances and thats what seperated the two sides. The game in the second half was much more open and a few speculative decisions and lack of nouse in front of goal punished us.

I think we can be proud of our performance but also learn a lesson from last night. Goals win football matches. Personally we were worthy for at least a point but there you go. You win some you lose some!

We will beat Ipswich Saturday you wait and see. This can only spur us on... The players now know they cant start believing in their own press.

Finally I hope I never see that referee at AG again! S**t!

Clevedon Red

They had quite a few chances on our goal despite our posession. We only had one of any note which was cleared off the line by Danny Mills who was quality for them.

We need to sort out the final delivery into the box because last night it wasn't anywhere near good enough.

A classic smash and grab which I took to be positive. The fact a team like Charlton feel they need to come to Ashton Gate, sit back and soak up the pressure shows how far we have come this season. At the seasons onset I would have expected Charlton to come and attack us from the start but instead they were very wary of our ability and chose to sit back.

Archived