IGNORED

Do Charlton Fans Rate Bristol City?

greenun

And after posting this....

"Last night was the first occasion this season that Bristol City have been outfought by a Championship club at Ashton Gate, which, combined with Charlton's quality, gave them the edge in a physical encounter that looked to be heading for a 0-0 draw.

City were constantly closed down quickly by robust Charlton defending, and the midfield nous of Andy Reid coupled with the powerhouse Iwelumo, always posed the threat of a killer blow - which was sadly delivered.

In short, well played lads. With your exemplary workrate backed up with Premiership quality, you should be there or thereabouts come May.

Charlton are certainly an excellent role-model for teams aiming for the Premiership and one day I hope that we can emulate what is a fantastic community club, with a commitment to good, open attacking football.

What did you think of Bristol City? I believe that although we don't have the quality of the top Championship sides, our fantastic workrate and discipline should see us finish comfortably in mid-table."

I've received the following responses so far...

My brother went to the game last night and he has said that Bristol City are by far the best team we have played this season.......

i was more surprised we managed to get a result against Bristol city than i was against southampton... and i think that says alot about how well you guys are doing at the moment

Cheers greenun. Ive heard you where the best team we have played so far this season.

cheers mate, sounded like a great game and too squeeze a goal in that late was just the icing on the cake for us

well done mate for coming on here and giving a fair view of the game. most opposition fans come on here and either call us a bunch of cheats, ie hull or try and rub our noses in the fact weve lost ie plymouth

Best manager in the league and one of the most hard working sides in domestic English football with some class here and there for good measure, ie; McIndoe, Trundle... Sproule ain't bad either. I'm still amazed we won.

Funny we would have been saying easy 3 points when the season began...

not sure i would call johnson best in the league, but somewhere near the top, and i would much prefer pards myself

I think that people are actually starting to recognise us now and how fit our players are. Our workrate is tremendous and that showed in the second half. Ok we didnt have the end product last night but 2 defeats in 15 isnt bad!

I don't agree, it easy to be gracious when you've just won, I wonder what the same people would of said if we would of snatched a last minute winner?

I think on last night's evidence there might be a reason opposition fans regularly call Charlton "a bunch of cheats" somehow.

And do you think that they will give a sh1t if they are in one of the promotion places come the end of the season?

And do you think that they will give a sh1t if they are in one of the promotion places come the end of the season?

You're absolutely right and I'd prefer to view Charlton as 'streetwise' or 'professional'. They know how far to push the boundaries and don't give a damn about doing it. However, they're a high quality outfit who work exceptionally hard, better than West Brom, or Wolves and miles in front of Sheffield United, who are all teams that we've taken points from this season. All promotion favourites, like Charlton, but without the passion I'd say.

I don't agree, it easy to be gracious when you've just won, I wonder what the same people would of said if we would of snatched a last minute winner?

rubbish..and this from a gashead as well mind !!...they are telling you as it is..if they,d have lost as you said then it would ve been made up a lot more,deal with it teams are respecting you...they have got no choice as youve been fighting for each result ..as it should be.

I Like this post, you only have to read all of your supporters comments in other Posts and threads and we would of probably be saying exactly the same thing, I.e Cheats, Mills, Refs, linesman, falling all over the place etc.

Fact is we stole a last minute goal. Live with it, your having a good season and it was great to come down and see you play

rubbish..and this from a gashead as well mind !!...they are telling you as it is..if they,d have lost as you said then it would ve been made up a lot more,deal with it teams are respecting you...they have got no choice as youve been fighting for each result ..as it should be.

Have you been on the ethanol?

How do you know 'they're telling it as it is'? You don't even support Charlton or City,what do you care!

Does it really matter what Charlton fans really think of us? I know there fans have experience of the higher levels and should know what is required to do well in this division but in all fairness it's very likely there's a lot of bias anyway. Saying that i'm always looking at the oppositions match thread after the match to see what they say.

The point is after 15 games we're third. I don't believe that's fluke and thats a good enough indicator for me that we can do very well in this division

Does it really matter what Charlton fans really think of us? I know there fans have experience of the higher levels and should know what is required to do well in this division but in all fairness it's very likely there's a lot of bias anyway. Saying that i'm always looking at the oppositions match thread after the match to see what they say.

Youve just contradicted yourself there. You either don't care what other team's fans think of us, and don't read their match thread's, or you do care, and you do read their match threads. Which one is it?

Youve just contradicted yourself there. You either don't care what other team's fans think of us, and don't read their match thread's, or you do care, and you do read their match threads. Which one is it?

I didn't say i didn't read the other teams threads, I meant what really matters is where we are in the league a team like Southampton or Sheffield Weds fans thinking we were lucky is not going to change our brilliant position

Archived