IGNORED

Charlton Athletic - Cheating Rubbish

OC 1645

OK to be fair, Charlton started the match with some lovely passing moves but then they deteriorated into dropping to the ground for the very slightest of challenges. The rubbish midget of a referee gave just about every one of these incidents as a free kick to Charlton. Charlton's cheating spoiled what should have been a great game of football.

Charlton's Parkinson and Pardew I once thought of as a great managerial team. However, after seeing their tantrums yesterday evening on the touchline in front of me, I now see them as a pair of prize prats.

What a load of rubbish !!!!!.... and no way did we deserve to lose. :disapointed2se:

I wonder about the almost total absence of Charlton fans on here.

Contrast that with Wolves a few days earlier when we were virtually beseiged by Wolves_nikky and her violent thoughts.

Are the Charlton fans absent because they are so embarrassed with their team? I thought they played some good stuff especially Zheng Zie and the wingers. Andy Reid was also great and rotund.

However, they resorted to petty tactics including kicking the ball away and standing in front of all our free kicks (HELLO REFEREE!!!!).

They deserved to win because they got one more goal than us but I'd be ashamed to be a Charlton fan with tactics like that. Let's hope we can put their cheating back into their faces come next May.

OK to be fair, Charlton started the match with some lovely passing moves but then they deteriorated into dropping to the ground for the very slightest of challenges. The rubbish midget of a referee gave just about every one of these incidents as a free kick to Charlton. Charlton's cheating spoiled what should have been a great game of football.

Charlton's Parkinson and Pardew I once thought of as a great managerial team. However, after seeing their tantrums yesterday evening on the touchline in front of me, I now see them as a pair of prize prats.

What a load of rubbish !!!!!.... and no way did we deserve to lose. :disapointed2se:

Agree with all of that! Reid and Zhi looked good players though! The way they play probabaly explains the lack of an away following!

Agree with all of that! Reid and Zhi looked good players though! The way they play probabaly explains the lack of an away following!

The bloke that sits behind me was convinced that the ref came on the Charlton team bus :laugh: it seemed to me that he booked our boys for one tackle whilst letting Mills, Thomas and Fortune get away with murder (especially when Mills almost strangled McIndoe and Macca ended up getting booked!)

Charlton were allowed to get away with it by the worst ref I've seen at AG for ages :disapointed2se:

The bloke that sits behind me was convinced that the ref came on the Charlton team bus :laugh: it seemed to me that he booked our boys for one tackle whilst letting Mills, Thomas and Fortune get away with murder (especially when Mills almost strangled McIndoe and Macca ended up getting booked!)

Charlton were allowed to get away with it by the worst ref I've seen at AG for ages :disapointed2se:

The FA should take a close look at that referee and those linesmen - they're too poor to officiate at Championship level. You also never know if they're just plain corrupt and taking bribes. Coming to AG on the Charlton team bus seems about right. :clapping:

I also remember the Charlton free kick in the first half where no way did the ball touch any City player and yet that Ref gave a corner to Charlton. A truely shocking decision. :disapointed2se:

The bloke that sits behind me was convinced that the ref came on the Charlton team bus it seemed to me that he booked our boys for one tackle whilst letting Mills, Thomas and Fortune get away with murder (especially when Mills almost strangled McIndoe and Macca ended up getting booked!)

I think the ref was bad all round to be honest. Elliot and Orr should both have been booked in the first half, how Orr didn't get booked for that push is beyond me. The ref was bad for both teams, i don't think he was biased, just plain crap.

I never attended the game myself but I heard Charlton played a mixture of nice football and disgusting diving.

Something has gotta be done about it. Everytime I watch match of the day refs are buying this acting and to be hounest it ruins football, and apparently ruined the city charlton game so I have been informed.

A terrible shame mate.

The FA should take a close look at that referee and those linesmen - they're too poor to officiate at Championship level. You also never know if they're just plain corrupt and taking bribes. Coming to AG on the Charlton team bus seems about right. :clapping:

I also remember the Charlton free kick in the first half where no way did the ball touch any City player and yet that Ref gave a corner to Charlton. A truely shocking decision. :disapointed2se:

Disagree mate you ought to try doing it yourself, I refereed plenty of games and given corners instead of goal kicks and goal kicks instead of corners, from the angle I'm at they genuinely look like the right decision, if its wrong tough, the players have to move on and forget it, or do the job themselves.

Disagree mate you ought to try doing it yourself, I refereed plenty of games and given corners instead of goal kicks and goal kicks instead of corners, from the angle I'm at they genuinely look like the right decision, if its wrong tough, the players have to move on and forget it, or do the job themselves.

xerox6060, I respect you and your point of view. However, Charlton were continuously dropping to the ground for the very slightest of challenges and then grimacing and clutching legs/arms etc as if in agony. On a few occasions our players were booked for what seemed an extremely heavy challenge - judging by the way any given Charlton player would be 'writhing in agony' - only for the cheating Charlton player to then get up and run off laughing after our player was booked. The Referee should have sorted this cheating by sending off one, two, may be three Charlton players - that was the way to deal with the cheating.

Archived