IGNORED

East End Song!

Portishead Red

i was born in the mid seventies and was brought up listening to these songs being hammered out by a terraced EastEnd and one lucky older brother. for me to be back in there after a brief stint in the late 80s is fantastic almost like going back in time , may it long continue.

WE ARE THE EASTEND , WE ARE THE EASTEND , WE ARE THE EASTEND ASHTON GATE.

how about " Virtuete Industrial"

" I am a Bristol kiddy,

i comes from Bristol City,

where all the boys is handsome,

and all the girls is pretty,

we're proud of our home town,

it never lets us down, we got a little motto,

we sing up Bemmy Down...........

oh , Virtuette Industrial,

3 cheers for Novers Hill,

if City don't win Saturday,

the Rovers never will,

Virtuette Industrial, shout it to your neighbour,

Virtuette Industrial, i'll see you down the labour!

i don't think you'll hear that anywhere else

I find it quite embarrassing and amusing that even in our successful period we still couldn't come up with anything that was truly unique and ours.

we did?

city fan adge cuttler wrote drink up thy zider 60's (yes for the charts)

but he encouraged city fans to use it.

the wurzels (pete budd, city fan) wrote one for the bristol city quite

unique i think for the 1970's our best spell in the top flight.

Go do a day's work Mr. Smartarse known-it-all.

I 'ates them bloody students. (even when I was one!)

He's a Student!

Pity he has not learnt a little about something which has nearly been lost but is still being handed down from the past by tradition.

Odd thing is the song was mentioned in a fanzine i read tuesday and part of its significance.

Oh dear!

When were we the champions again? When were we fighting with the likes of Shankly and Mee for the 1st division crown?

You missed the point me thinks. Yes they have the words that relate to our club. But the actions in the songs and the original songs are not ours. Therefore they're not our songs.

It's like claiming the "what's that coming over the hill? is it showunmi?" is a traditional and retro song. We didn't come up with it, it's not our song.

:fish: Biter

Dear fellow City fan, Oh dear in deed. How can we ever all get together?

it's just not helpful coming on the forum, being a know-all and scoffing at people who are being positive. They're supporting our football club singing great songs.

Pick up thy pen and write a good'un please.

He's a Student!

Pity he has not learnt a little about something which has nearly been lost but is still being handed down from the past by tradition.

Odd thing is the song was mentioned in a fanzine i read tuesday and part of its significance.

perhaps he wants to stop watching day time TV and get into the physics department and invent a time machine.

Then he can go back to the 70s and tell them how crap they were for not being 'original'.

perhaps he wants to stop watching day time TV and get into the physics department and invent a time machine.

Then he can go back to the 70s and tell them how crap they were for not being 'original'.

If he was so brave and foolish he'd end up tasting a few cherry red DM's

:surrender:

Anyways, ignoring the nomark, who can remember all the words to THIS recent ditty

Your brothers in borstal....

...and the yorkshirerippers your dad!

2nd line "your sister sucks ****"

3rd line "your mothers a whore down on Avonmouth dock"

No offence meant but this is banter of the nastiest kind , generally reserved for those ooop North, as is this one:

"You go down town, you drink 10 pints,

You get yourself right plastered,

You go home and beat your wife,

You dirty Northern ******* "

I personally like the old bill songs from the 70's

"Whos that #### with a nipple on his hat - Dixon of Dock Green,

On the beat all day, on the wife all night "

Or the Bridewell remix of "Bow legged chicken"

Before anyone calls me a hoolie you should remember these were all relevant to the times and not exactly appropriate nowadays

Before anyone calls me a hoolie you should remember these were all relevant to the times and not exactly appropriate nowadays

I dunno, like a dream there's this perfect place where the non-PC brainwashed can huddle peacefully:

WE ARE THE EAST END, WE ARE THE EAST END, WE ARE THE EAST END ASHTON GATE !!!

Here is another such haven for all thoses seeking escape from the facest tyranny: http://www.subcider.co.uk/forum/

I know it's terribly un-PC but when I was six and my old man took me and my two brothers into the East End , the one song that really sticks in my mind was "You're going to get your f#####g heads kicked in". Nothing to do with the words, just remember being in awe at nearly the whole of the EE singing it in unison.

Whole different ball game back then. My dad used to bring three wooden stools for us to stand on - imagine trying to get them in nowadays!

Archived