IGNORED

Many Thanks To...

bristolcityup

Jon Gaunt had the young soldier Jamie Coopers father on the phone on who kindly thanked everyone from Bristol for supporting his son during his hard time, he especially thanked all the Bristol City fans and members of the club who chipped into ship Jamie to the Millenuim stadium in the summer in a helicopter and a limo..His father went onto say how good it is that Rovers and City do always come together in times of sorrow ect and how we are a really good city in supporting one another.

One more point raised after that by Gaunty, he is trying to get a campain together so that in a few weeks every football ground in the UK will be holding a minutes silence/applause for those young soldiers fighting out there in countries like iraq and afgahnistan. I think its a really good idea as most of the guys fighting out there support football teams and it means they are not forgotten so I do hop if enough clubs get involved City will be one of them as I know we have many of our fans fighting and keeping the peace accross the world at the moment.

Jon Gaunt had the young soldier Jamie Coopers father on the phone on who kindly thanked everyone from Bristol for supporting his son during his hard time, he especially thanked all the Bristol City fans and members of the club who chipped into ship Jamie to the Millenuim stadium in the summer in a helicopter and a limo..His father went onto say how good it is that Rovers and City do always come together in times of sorrow ect and how we are a really good city in supporting one another.

One more point raised after that by Gaunty, he is trying to get a campain together so that in a few weeks every football ground in the UK will be holding a minutes silence/applause for those young soldiers fighting out there in countries like iraq and afgahnistan. I think its a really good idea as most of the guys fighting out there support football teams and it means they are not forgotten so I do hop if enough clubs get involved City will be one of them as I know we have many of our fans fighting and keeping the peace accross the world at the moment.

Have nothing but respect and admiration for Jamie Cooper and his parents for what they have been through in the last 18 months or so. No need to thank anyone from Jamie's father.

I think that there should be a minute's silence at every game on saturday as it is Remberance Sunday weekend. don't know what others think on this but i think it would be fitting.

for once I agree with Gaunt.

There should be a minutes silence all aLL grounds once a year.

And it was good to see Young Jamie in the papers today. considering what he has endured, he looks pretty well

The very best of luck to him and his family, having seen the news report i wish them all the best for the coming weeks. have my quarms with talksport but as far as representation of people goes i think they do well. And as a young soldier jamie deserves as much credit as posible, i could never do anything like that for my country, the guy has lots of guts and the people at the other end of the dispute need to see this and sort the lad out reasonably.

Archived