IGNORED

Just Back From Game

downendcity

Sorry, but I'm still speechless!

Don't let the sending off fool you. Even if we'd had 11 on the pitch a game they would have still stuffed us. The first half was just the same as Norwich but this time Ipswich had strikers who can hit the target. I'm normally a positive poster but there was little to take from the game. It looked like a game between an established Championship team and a league 1 team with no prizes for guessing who we were.

We couldn't retain possession, and when Ipswich attacked they looked like scoring with every attack. Ipswich played the ball quickly to feet and seemed to cut through our midfield at will whereas we seemed to overelaborate and too often played the wrong ball in the wrong place, lost possession and within seconds were defending again.

Just over a year ago a Bradley Orr sending was a cue fo a change in our fortunes and defined the season. The same may happen again, and i mean this positively. A number of fans I talked to today felt this was a result that had perhaps been waiting to happen an although bwe have done well to get where we are, a bit of luck and good results had papered over some of the cracks. this result might mesn that GJ has to make some tough decisions. One of those will concern his son, and Lee was abysmal today ( and Iam not one of the LJ baters) he couldn't find our man with his passes, palys too many highh riosk passes in dangerous areas, was physically outfought throughout the game, can't tackle to save his life and cost us goals by losing the ball when he should have been holding it our playing a simple ball.

This last week we have come up against 3 teams who will be in the mix at the end of the season. We have one point , scored one gaol and conceded 8. Welcome to the Championship Bristol City.

P.S. Despite being 2,3,4,5 and 6 behind the City support was unbelievable throughout the game even though we were all increasingly frustrated by the way the game was going.

I suspect others will give better constructed reports on the game but thats my immediate thougts.

P.S. Despite being 2,3,4,5 and 6 behind the City support was unbelievable throughout the game even though we were all increasingly frustrated by the way the game was going.

Totaly agree, the support was superb. We outsang Ipswich throughout the game.

Archived