IGNORED

Worrying Trend

Rich

Is anyone else concerned at our worrying trend of starting slowly in matches and the players needing a kick up the jacksy at half time. On many occasions this and last season Johnson has needed to gee the team up with a rollicking to get them going.

The last time we were in this division teams saw a weakness and went straight at us from the off,I don't want to see this happening again, and with the absence of a natural leader in the center of midfield the pressure will mount on the wee man who after all is no Dennis Wise or Billy Bremner and struggles physically at this level, perhaps GJ should have marvellous marvin be a bit more defensive for the first 20 minutes or so,we also seem very reliant on Louis Carey and really struggle without his influence at the, back fingers crossed he can stay fit. Anyone got an answer?

I think its more to do with playing three top-six teams in recent weeks.

Wolves, Charlton and Ipswich are all good sides and those games were never going to be easy. At least we managed to hold our own and not embarass ourselves in the first two.

Looking at it the other way, i've been very impressed how we've fought back in recent weeks.

And without the pen and sending off today... well who knows. Maybe we could have fought back in that one too.

Archived