IGNORED

Christian Ribeiro

wookey

G'day Wookey, its been a while and I hope all is well with you.

A year ago GJ said that Artus was very close to selection, this year he says the same about Ribiero.

Wilson Junior who was listed at 6ft 4in a year ago, must now be as big as McCombe. Ribiero the robot is getting plaudits from GJ, as did Artus a year ago. Then we have Plummer, Myrie Williams and so on.

When will one of the academy starlets actually get selected in the first 15. I've heard close, but as of now GJ has not given one of the current crop a run in the championship, and last season only Myrie Williams had a run, which was not really successful.

There are 18, 19 and 20 year olds playing all through the leagues. Our academy players see this and wonder when their chance will come. If City get to 40 points by Jan 1st , some of our 18-20 year olds should get a run. Some of our senior pros are obviously finding it hard going and if our academy is to be seen as a realistic investment, it needs a positive representation.

G'day Wookey, its been a while and I hope all is well with you.

A year ago GJ said that Artus was very close to selection, this year he says the same about Ribiero.

Wilson Junior who was listed at 6ft 4in a year ago, must now be as big as McCombe. Ribiero the robot is getting plaudits from GJ, as did Artus a year ago. Then we have Plummer, Myrie Williams and so on.

When will one of the academy starlets actually get selected in the first 15. I've heard close, but as of now GJ has not given one of the current crop a run in the championship, and last season only Myrie Williams had a run, which was not really successful.

There are 18, 19 and 20 year olds playing all through the leagues. Our academy players see this and wonder when their chance will come. If City get to 40 points by Jan 1st , some of our 18-20 year olds should get a run. Some of our senior pros are obviously finding it hard going and if our academy is to be seen as a realistic investment, it needs a positive representation.

Having wached many of the reserve games this year Wilson and Ribiero have been the most consistant and i think they would have played some part in many Leugue one and championships sides this year , having said that the first team have been doing very well and the squad is big

Will be interesting to see what happens against Leicester the advantage that both the young deffenders have over the first choice back four is Pace they are both very Athletic and fast

In the last resy game at the gate against Plymouth Wilson,s distribution from Centre Back was excellent and Riberio made some very good runs down the line i went to the game with a nuetral his view was they both looked young but where the best tow players on show

Also read a scouting report for Villa about Wilson that was very complimentry the only negative comment was he needs to bulk up a bit,

I realy hope GJ knows what he is doing with the good youngsters we have comming through the ranks such as Wilson Riberio Artus and Plummer

What started off as a musing about Ribeiro and his potential has opened up into Gary J's attitude towards his own Academy players.

I understand that when he was at Yeovil he was respected for attending most of their Reserve and Academy equivalent matches but I don't if that led to inclusion in the squad.

Myrie-Williams aside, who he played far too much last season (in the absence of anyone else?), I can't think of an Academy introduction.

Maybe he thinks the grass is greener elsewhere. We will see from his selection for Leicester. Many great football teams have come about by chance.

Personally I think Ribeiro is comfortably the best of our young 'uns and in my opinion the only one who is likely to break into the first team any time soon. With Orr & McAllister facing suspensions I wouldnt rule out an appearance against Leicester.

As for Wilson, as far as I know he has been ruled out for months with a knee injury.

Personally I think Ribeiro is comfortably the best of our young 'uns and in my opinion the only one who is likely to break into the first team any time soon. With Orr & McAllister facing suspensions I wouldnt rule out an appearance against Leicester.

As for Wilson, as far as I know he has been ruled out for months with a knee injury.

I think he has a chance of a debut

someone else mentioned the square pegs and round holes theroy, a full back needs to play there, not move liam out to left back (thats my opinion) never a fan of fonts at LB

the official site says Carey will be ok so GJ has a few options(right to left)

1) - Keogh Carey Fontaine Wilson

2) - Wilson Carey Fontaine Ribeiro

3) - Wilson Carey McCombe Fontaine

Who would you choose ?

someone else mentioned the square pegs and round holes theroy, a full back needs to play there, not move liam out to left back (thats my opinion) never a fan of fonts at LB

Who would you choose ?

Wilson Carey Fonts Wilson

Myrie-Williams aside, who he played far too much last season (in the absence of anyone else?), I can't think of an Academy introduction.

I thought Myrie-Williams was very effective last season. Scored a crucial goal I seem to remember as well.

Can't wait to see him back.

Who would you choose

Would be nice to see one of our home grown youth products earning a chance. Ribeiro's played well all year for the reserves and been singled out a number of times by Gary Johnson. However, recent history at City shows GJ prefers to play older pro's. We'll have to see if the trend is broken.

Either way the team needs freshening up. This result was coming. The same 12/ 13 players cannot carry City through the whole season. All the guys need rest at some point and time to rebuld confidence & strength for the long campaign.

Archived