IGNORED

Ipswich Loss

PAPA650

As sad and gutted i feel about the loss on saturday (glad in a way i did'nt go all that way to watch the misery) there are plenty of results and games that left me with more pain !!! ie FA cup semi's ! promotion run ins and other cup runs !! some say swansea 7-1 was a killer but the worst match that hurt me more was losing the cardiff play off final !!!!! its still early and if we can re shape there still could be a chance of the play off's !!! but like many others i'l be just as happy to stay up this year and gain more exsperiance in this very unpredictable division :englandsmile4wf: what are your thought PAPA

It was an odd game on Saturday, because I was over the disappointment of losing long before the end of the game.

In all honesty, I feared it would be far worse, given that the sixth goal went in with twenty minutes to go. So it was quite a relief that it din't get any worse after that.

In a way, I was glad to be there, because it was less painful to watch it at first hand, amongst fellow City fans who you could talk to about it, than it would be to just see the result in isolation on the TV or to listen to on the radio.

If it doesn't kill you it'll make you stronger....

Apparently in 1984 (???) we were rock bottom of the entire league and got done 6-0 infront of approx. 150 (???) City fans at Northampton. Now that's what I call hardcore.

North Street was there though he's gone an un-registered, anyone else got any memoirs?

City Till I Die.

If it doesn't kill you it'll make you stronger....

Apparently in 1984 (???) we were rock bottom of the entire league and got done 6-0 infront of approx. 150 (???) City fans at Northampton. Now that's what I call hardcore.

North Street was there though he's gone an un-registered, anyone else got any memoirs?

City Till I Die.

It was 7-1 and in 82.

Two weeks later City lost 3-0 at Peterborough and took less than a hundred fans

From 80 - 83 City only won less than twenty five league games at home and away support dropped down as low as 30- 40 at Halifax .

As sad and gutted i feel about the loss on saturday (glad in a way i did'nt go all that way to watch the misery) there are plenty of results and games that left me with more pain !!! ie FA cup semi's ! promotion run ins and other cup runs !! some say swansea 7-1 was a killer but the worst match that hurt me more was losing the cardiff play off final !!!!! its still early and if we can re shape there still could be a chance of the play off's !!! but like many others i'l be just as happy to stay up this year and gain more exsperiance in this very unpredictable division :englandsmile4wf: what are your thought PAPA

I'd be very surprised if you were even alive the last time we made the F.A cup semis.

I'd be very surprised if you were even alive the last time we made the F.A cup semis.

As a pesimistic bunch of travelling city fans we can be, people i travel with often entertain the "what's your worst game?" conversation, for most in recent memory it was brighton in the play off final, now that were finally promoted i now find it funny that they bent the trophy. Rovers last year was sad because we were anti-footballed and the game was a real anti climax. Loosing 6-0 didn't get to me too much, like loosing 6-1 to wolves a few yers back, we performed poorly on the day and the opposition had a good day i've seen us trounced at wigan 4-0 and bury the same score these times arent frustrating because the opposition shone(shon?) oxford away when we lost 3-0 to steve phillips was possibly my worst away day.

oxford away when we lost 3-0 to steve phillips was possibly my worst away day.

Yeah, I was thinking of my "worst away games" and that was in my top three. Didn't he mis-kick it and let their striker through on goal for one of them?

Must be something about Oxford. Went a few years prior to that and the fog was so bad you couldn't see anything past the half-way line.

I also had the displeasure of watching the Bradford 5-0 away game. I took a couple of non-City mates and had to go and sit apart from them at 4-0.

The other one was when I was a kid on Boxing Day at Trumpton in the 80's I think. I think we lost 3-2 because Devon White headed the ball out of our Keeper's (waugh?) hands right in front of the away end.

Yeah, I was thinking of my "worst away games" and that was in my top three. Didn't he mis-kick it and let their striker through on goal for one of them?

Must be something about Oxford. Went a few years prior to that and the fog was so bad you couldn't see anything past the half-way line.

I also had the displeasure of watching the Bradford 5-0 away game. I took a couple of non-City mates and had to go and sit apart from them at 4-0.

The other one was when I was a kid on Boxing Day at Trumpton in the 80's I think. I think we lost 3-2 because Devon White headed the ball out of our Keeper's (waugh?) hands right in front of the away end.

I met this bloke once who was a scout for Huddersfield and knew pretty much every player in every division. I asked him what he thought of the city squad and when he got to Phillips he said that he was unable to comment as the only game he had seen him play in that season was that game away at Oxford where he 'threw the ball in the net 3 times' to quote his exact words!

I was at Bradford away for the 5-0 too. A major hangover had prevented me leaving Bristol until 11am, then hammer to the floor driving to meet our mates who were waiting outside without the tickets. I ran towards the ground having dropped them off and parked the car, only to hear a loud cheer from inside the ground. The steward by the entrance said 'I wouldnt bother running if I were you, you're TWO down already'! The only highlights were the Balti Pie, the bloke next to me that kept saying, 'they want to get Tommy on in the second half', when in fact Tommy was sat in the row and seat right behind him for the whole game (he thought he was Stuart Naylor's son, so young did he look!) and the fact the I stayed with my mate in Bradford and didnt have to drive straight back to Bristol.

Then the 6-1 hammering at home was the next game after that. The mascot fight was something no-one there will ever forget.

Any defeat against the gas hurts though. I remember a game (another one) where we won 3-1 at Trumpton in the first leg but Andy Llewelyn scored an own goal. They came back and won the second leg at Ashton Gate on away goals after Devon White headbutted the ball out of the keepers hands in front of the East End (think it was Andy Leaning this time).

Guest Garfunkle

with people mentioning the bradford away followed by wolves at home trouncings i have to say that having been to both the next game away at palace was one of the most disappointing - having been 1-1 for most of teh game and finally thinking wed turned the corner under benny, matt jansen popped up with a 93rd minute winner. Gutted!

other than that 4-0 at trumpton takes some beating

Bless Papa650 he is talking abouth the League Cup Semi in 89....And if he is as old as me League Cup Semi in 71 too

The most crushed I've felt leaving a ground was FA Cup 4/5 Notts Forest away about 83...Close to tears' having led for so long and then lost it 2-1 at the death....however it helped to put all of our nightmare days in perspective now I'm an old guy...EVEN THE 7-1 at Northampton

Ipswich 6-0 pa forget it and move on...(I wasn't there though thankfully)

Happy days. NOT. :noexpression:

Archived