IGNORED

City Watching A Non-league Striker

edson

Not doubting you sir and not wishing to use the source smilie i'll simply ask where you've gotten the info that we're watching him?

I just would be keen to know how you know we're taking a look.

Edit - He's answered and the source is of the highest quality. Obv no idea if we're still in for him and what competition we'd face to sign him so it's a wait and see with lots of interest.

Is that definite or do Baadiff still hold his registration?

It's definite.

As I understand it, he was registered in error, so FIFA has ruled that he can play at a level no higher than Step 3 until Januray 1st 2008, at which point he will be free to move to any club.

It's definite.

As I understand it, he was registered in error, so FIFA has ruled that he can play at a level no higher than Step 3 until Januray 1st 2008, at which point he will be free to move to any club.

You'd have thought that a player would have to give his consent to be registered by signature. Otherwise it'd surely leave it open for anyone to register half of the worlds best players just to stop anyone else using them!

Must have been a c**k up on the players part too.

You'd have thought that a player would have to give his consent to be registered by signature. Otherwise it'd surely leave it open for anyone to register half of the worlds best players just to stop anyone else using them!

Must have been a c**k up on the players part too.

We'll never know will we, but it shows that he wants to play. Rather than sit on the bench, take the money.

Looks like GJ has his scouts looking for a diamond in the rough :fingerscrossed:

We'll never know will we, but it shows that he wants to play. Rather than sit on the bench, take the money.

It doesn't, he was only on trial, i didn't think you get paid anything more than expenses. And this is the only way he could put himself in the shop window.

Looks like GJ has his scouts looking for a diamond in the rough :fingerscrossed:

Again. I wonder if we'll ever get fed up of GJ doing that and start demanded "proven" players.

As soon as we start slipping down the table i'd imagine.

Again. I wonder if we'll ever get fed up of GJ doing that and start demanded "proven" players.

As soon as we start slipping down the table i'd imagine.

Knee jerk reactions always happen when a team starts to slide instead of identifing the problem be for it occurs. Preventative action may be required.

I am not saying we will slide, we have only lost two and I am very happy, but we have identified that our strikeforce is weak, but other might say we are not supplying the strikers and our missing a midfielder that can create and deliver.

I said before the start of this season that we needed someone proven to score at this level, a Cureton type acquisition would have been ideal wouldn't it?

I said before the start of this season that we needed someone proven to score at this level, a Cureton type acquisition would have been ideal wouldn't it?

I actually thought Cureton at Colchester was a bit of a career season for him. I don't think he'll do better and there wasn't much hope of us signing him with Norwich et al sniffing.

I genuinely was surprised and delighted with the two we got. Getting two of the top strikers in league 1 was a big coup for a club our size in a single close season. I know they haven't exactly been setting the world alight, I just don't think there were better we could have got. Only player i saw move that I was minorly disappointed about was Danny Graham, but it always made sense for him to move to club he had a successful loan at and was nearish home first in his career.

Looking up at the championship top scorers list, http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...ers/default.stm i don't see a player we had the chance to sign this close season.

I actually thought Cureton at Colchester was a bit of a career season for him. I don't think he'll do better and there wasn't much hope of us signing him with Norwich et al sniffing.

I genuinely was surprised and delighted with the two we got. Getting two of the top strikers in league 1 was a big coup for a club our size in a single close season. I know they haven't exactly been setting the world alight, I just don't think there were better we could have got. Only player i saw move that I was minorly disappointed about was Danny Graham, but it always made sense for him to move to club he had a successful loan at and was nearish home first in his career.

Looking up at the championship top scorers list, http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...ers/default.stm i don't see a player we had the chance to sign this close season.

True, it was maybe a one off, but he was still a proven scorer at that level. And yes, we did get two of the top strikers in league one, but both not proven at the level we are at now. Don't get me wrong, I, like yourself, was very happy.

Looking at the list, it was always going to be hard for us to attract players of that caliber to a newly promoted club. But I think that would have changed now due to our amazing start to the season, and the publicity the team, and GJ have recieved.

True, it was maybe a one off, but he was still a proven scorer at that level. And yes, we did get two of the top strikers in league one, but both not proven at the level we are at now. Don't get me wrong, I, like yourself, was very happy.

Looking at the list, it was always going to be hard for us to attract players of that caliber to a newly promoted club. But I think that would have changed now due to our amazing start to the season, and the publicity the team, and GJ have recieved.

That's what i believe too. We will be able to compete with the mid range championship clubs next season and possibly even in January in the transfer market. Only recent ex Prem teams will surpass us in attractiveness I feel.

It must be weird to work at a level where the better you do the more likely you are to be replaced.

That's what i believe too. We will be able to compete with the mid range championship clubs next season and possibly even in January in the transfer market. Only recent ex Prem teams will surpass us in attractiveness I feel.

It must be weird to work at a level where the better you do the more likely you are to be replaced.

Thats football for you. It can be a fickle trade at the best of times :innocent06:

To be fair, he's only in non-league because of a FIFA regulation and is actually a Man Utd academy product.

City Track Aaron Burns

Whislt one of the most interesting aspects of this forum is reviewing the possible signings as suggested by members, I do wonder if it is always helpful to publish details...

Edson, if you do have this info on good authority, does it help us secure his services for a resaonable fee, or does it alert our interest to other clubs, and make his agent even more greedy??

Or do you have even more inside info, that this is a player we should not sign, so alerting other clubs may help you with that agenda??

Whislt one of the most interesting aspects of this forum is reviewing the possible signings as suggested by members, I do wonder if it is always helpful to publish details...

Edson, if you do have this info on good authority, does it help us secure his services for a resaonable fee, or does it alert our interest to other clubs, and make his agent even more greedy??

Or do you have even more inside info, that this is a player we should not sign, so alerting other clubs may help you with that agenda??

He's a free agent in January, he's a Man U graduate who's scoring goals for fun and he's only playing at that level because FIFA has forced him to.

As I say in the article, he was all lined up to sign for Cardiff in the summer until he decided against it when they signed Fowler and Hasselbaink.

I don't think many, if any, clubs will be unaware of him.

I really doubt another club will look at our forum and say 'Oh we've never heard of Aaron Burns before but I suppose we should go and buy him anyway'

If a club is going to buy a player then they'll do it and wont take notice of a internet forum.

*whispers to self - "i cant believe I'm about to say this, but"...* i agree with that. Just because its been mentioned on our forum, doesnt mean scouts from charlton, Wolves etc are going to read this and THEN go and watch him or sign him. They will be keeping an eye on all players at all times then mention a player to a manager

*whispers to self - "i cant believe I'm about to say this, but"...* i agree with that. Just because its been mentioned on our forum, doesnt mean scouts from charlton, Wolves etc are going to read this and THEN go and watch him or sign him. They will be keeping an eye on all players at all times then mention a player to a manager

In the words of Del Boy - you know it makes sense.

Archived