IGNORED

New Striker? Nahhh Mate...

mozo

'Mozo, we need a prolific striker or else the city of Bristol will crumble around us...' I hear you wail...

Nahhh mate, says I, we didn't have one last year and we bagged promotion. Ain't got one now and we're 4th.

'But our current crop are in the wrong mould - we're doomed!!' you babble...

Nahhh mate - look: When all are fit we have

Brooker - Tough guy

Showumni - Awkward target man

Trundle - Showman

Byfield - Running man

Plummer - Raw potential

Jevons - ...Whatever he does (?)

Noble - Mr link up

It's like an assortment box of biscuits - summat for every occasion.

And...they're doing everything they can to prove they're good enough for this level.

Don't the buggers deserve more of a chance??

Trundle, Byfield and probably Brooker will be effective at this level.

Noble is a good player in the hole when fit but that is a different game, and he really isn't going to score that many because his shooting is poor.

I'll be amazed if either Enoch or Jevons make any sort of impression on this division but they do deserve a chance.

I think they will get that chance in the run up to Xmas, and then we'll be looking at a signing in January. This Mr Burns fella sounds quite exciting.

Trundle, Byfield and probably Brooker will be effective at this level.

Noble is a good player in the hole when fit but that is a different game, and he really isn't going to score that many because his shooting is poor.

I'll be amazed if either Enoch or Jevons make any sort of impression on this division but they do deserve a chance.

I think they will get that chance in the run up to Xmas, and then we'll be looking at a signing in January. This Mr Burns fella sounds quite exciting.

Excellent

Agree with your sentiments / loyalty Mozo but the world of CCC football never stands still! If GJ isn't happy with what he has got then he may well change it. Sentiment could cost millions! It would not suprise me to see another striker soon!

U REDS

Agree with your sentiments / loyalty Mozo but the world of CCC football never stands still! If GJ isn't happy with what he has got then he may well change it. Sentiment could cost millions! It would not suprise me to see another striker soon!

U REDS

Nahhhhhhhhhhh mate...

Well, okay. Realism is a bitter fruit but I'll have a nibble.

Three of those on the list are yet to be tried, so before flashing the cash, I'd pick another biscuit from the tin. But then, I believe we'll cement another year in the second flight regardless, and would be patient enought to give the current lot a full season. Our squad is massive really, look at the Skuse/Artus scenarios.

'Mozo, we need a prolific striker or else the city of Bristol will crumble around us...' I hear you wail...

Nahhh mate, says I, we didn't have one last year and we bagged promotion. Ain't got one now and we're 4th.

'But our current crop are in the wrong mould - we're doomed!!' you babble...

Nahhh mate - look: When all are fit we have

Brooker - Tough guy

Showumni - Awkward target man

Trundle - Showman

Byfield - Running man

Plummer - Raw potential

Jevons - ...Whatever he does (?)

Noble - Mr link up

It's like an assortment box of biscuits - summat for every occasion.

And...they're doing everything they can to prove they're good enough for this level.

Don't the buggers deserve more of a chance??

yeah mate.... well said!

Nahhhhhhhhhhh mate...

Well, okay. Realism is a bitter fruit but I'll have a nibble.

Three of those on the list are yet to be tried, so before flashing the cash, I'd pick another biscuit from the tin. But then, I believe we'll cement another year in the second flight regardless, and would be patient enought to give the current lot a full season. Our squad is massive really, look at the Skuse/Artus scenarios.

Last season the strike force was the weakness, a league down. Its still a problem, most of ours weren't good enough for League 1, and will therefore be even less use in the Championship. The goals come from everywhere in the team, but if those goals dry up........

Archived