IGNORED

The Striker To Solve All Our Problems.. Guess Who?

Guest Tafkar

There's no more guarantee that Steve Brooker will be more successful at this level than any of our other strikers. After being out for so long it will take a couple of months of solid games to get back to match sharpness.

Also brooker will be playing against better defenders and one of his weaknesses was that his first touch was poor at times. Don't get me wrong i'd love to see him back in the first team and scoring goals but it's by no means a certainty and even if he does get back it won't be till next season that we see the best of him imo.

Sod all them misery guts that are taking the piss. I think it's bloomin great news that not only Steve but also Keith Millen thinks he may finally have put his nightmare behind him. I'd have a fully fit Steve Brooker in the team ahead of any other striker we've got in our squad every time.

stalkers these days!

..erm, pot,kettle,black,kelly? :)

Btw Giles -cant help thinking that if the positive Brooker comments were posted by someone else in this thread that your responses would've been somewhat different. Fair enough a certain someone could/should try changing her record now & again BUT in this instance I think she's perfectly entitled & correct to post optimistic Brooker comments....

If Steve Brooker can put these major setbacks behind him, & it appears to be promising this time - its a real & genuine boost to everyone at AG.... equivalent to a serious new striker signing! -so don't keep knocking posts for the sake of it, just because it seems to be OTIB open-season on Sarah-b, just this once try seeing the bigger picture, this is GOOD NEWS for EVERYONE (except possibly for one of our front line troops who'll have to make way soon or improve quickly! ) ...

I reckon the times right to SUPPORT BROOKER right now, boost his confidence etc... -(he probably needs its more now than ever)-........

So 'Welcome Back Steve' -cant wait to see you doing the biz in a pair of football boots again soon! Come On You Reds!!!

To be honest I was never that impressed with Mr. Brooker. When he first came I never thought too much of him and although he improved I never saw him as the world beater some people seemed to see him as. What we have no I believe is better than him and I don't think after his injuries he'll be good enough for this division.

To be honest I was never that impressed with Mr. Brooker. When he first came I never thought too much of him and although he improved I never saw him as the world beater some people seemed to see him as. What we have no I believe is better than him and I don't think after his injuries he'll be good enough for this division.

He's strong, quick, can hold the ball up, can link up well and most importantly is a goalscocer...

What else does he need to add to his game for you to rate him?

You're just trying to get "her" to bite aren't you?

Go on, admit it.

Yep the striker to solve all our problems :clapping:

Honestly, I go away for 5 minutes...

He's not Guy Madjo, get your own thread <_< (Oh wait, too late :tongue:)

MADJO FOR CAMEROON

Btw Giles -cant help thinking that if the positive Brooker comments were posted by someone else in this thread that your responses would've been somewhat different. Fair enough a certain someone could/should try changing her record now & again BUT in this instance I think she's perfectly entitled & correct to post optimistic Brooker comments....

If Steve Brooker can put these major setbacks behind him, & it appears to be promising this time - its a real & genuine boost to everyone at AG.... equivalent to a serious new striker signing! -so don't keep knocking posts for the sake of it, just because it seems to be OTIB open-season on Sarah-b, just this once try seeing the bigger picture, this is GOOD NEWS for EVERYONE (except possibly for one of our front line troops who'll have to make way soon or improve quickly! ) ...

I totally agree that it will be a massive boost to him and the team if he finally has put his injuries behind him. And i honestly think he will do well at this level. Fail to see where i was "knocking posts for the sake of it" but you obviously saw something there that i couldnt. Again, i agree that it is good news for everyone. Out of interest, who would you drop out of our current front line for Brooker? And why?

I reckon the times right to SUPPORT BROOKER right now, boost his confidence etc... -(he probably needs its more now than ever)-........

So 'Welcome Back Steve' -cant wait to see you doing the biz in a pair of football boots again soon! Come On You Reds!!!

Archived