IGNORED

Brooker

tropicalsurfer

I won't hold my breath. With the cold starting to come in, and the paths getting slippy, I'm not sure we'll see him in a City shirt again...

:disapointed2se: Sorry, but he`ll be back soon enough leading the line.

Yes he has!!! his goals last season plus his assists were very important we prob wouldn't have been promoted without them.

Please, Sarah, for crying out loud. Please just GIVE IT A REST.

Otherwise I'll do it for you.

Indeed...Whilst you fantasise about calling his name whilst lying on your back

Well rather it be I am a stalker, please help me than someone like Jed Pitman...

I know I shouldnt be harsh on I am a stalker, please help me he has done well for us in the past and if he comes back into the team and starts scoring goals I will apolagise for slating the guy.

Well rather it be I am a stalker, please help me than someone like Jed Pitman...

I know I shouldnt be harsh on I am a stalker, please help me he has done well for us in the past and if he comes back into the team and starts scoring goals I will apolagise for slating the guy.

Cannot believe the hassle our recent top goalscorer is getting from many who should know better :disapointed2se:

Yes he has!!! his goals last season plus his assists were very important we prob wouldn't have been promoted without them.

What his mighty THREE goals in TWENTY-FIVE games?! With about ONE assist if that. 1 of his goals was against Coventry in the home game of the FA Cup so that's TWO league goals. 1 of them came against Northampton away which we won 3-1, meaning it wouldve been 2-1 without his goal, and his other was against Port Vale at home where we won 2-1 which wouldve been a 1-1 draw had he not scored. So you have a point on ONE of his goals.

Still, i do hope that he has put his injuries behind him!

Wow.

Poor bloke, to half the forum his fitness is a running joke, while the others think he's the Messiah (and one just needs a bit of a cold bath...)!

He's played about one game at this level before, so we really have no idea how he'll do. Still, to be fair to the bloke he seems positive and keen, and after a pretty nightmare injury or two that is good to see.

He did start more games than David Noble last year, playing only three less overall, and considering the state he was in with his knee that should be to his credit.

What his mighty THREE goals in TWENTY-FIVE games?! With about ONE assist if that. 1 of his goals was against Coventry in the home game of the FA Cup so that's TWO league goals. 1 of them came against Northampton away which we won 3-1, meaning it wouldve been 2-1 without his goal, and his other was against Port Vale at home where we won 2-1 which wouldve been a 1-1 draw had he not scored. So you have a point on ONE of his goals.

Still, i do hope that he has put his injuries behind him!

Giles,

If I remember correctly the 3rd goal against Northampton was Cotterill's penalty late on so technically Brooker's goal was the winning goal. Many fans felt the turnaraound in that game was the catalyst for our promotion last season, so Brooker's goal in that game may be the single most important he ever scores for us.

Giles,

If I remember correctly the 3rd goal against Northampton was Cotterill's penalty late on so technically Brooker's goal was the winning goal. Many fans felt the turnaraound in that game was the catalyst for our promotion last season, so Brooker's goal in that game may be the single most important he ever scores for us.

Yes it was. Which wouldve made it 2-1, so technically, Brooker's goal wasnt the winning goal as there was still a goal after it. I agree that was the turnaround game in our season. But i don't believe it was purely down to Brooker's goal.

Yes it was. Which wouldve made it 2-1, so technically, Brooker's goal wasnt the winning goal as there was still a goal after it. I agree that was the turnaround game in our season. But i don't believe it was purely down to Brooker's goal.

Your right it was not just down to Brookers goal, but credit where credit is due, Brooker made his goal out of nothing and you could sense the lift it gave the team thereafter. Also, we had been under tremendous pressure from Northampton and would have expected them to score next, but Brooker's goal meant that they then had to chase the game which funnily enough seemed to ease the pressure. Had it remained at 1-1 what odds would you have got that they would have snatched a late winner and where would our seson have gone from there?

It's hypothetical but the fact is that our season did turn around with that game.

Archived