IGNORED

Ag's Atmosphere

With loads of posts being written about the atmosphere at the gate recently it set me thinking.

Why do people choose not to sing ??

Whilst there have being loads of discussion on this subject, I think the answer is simple and only needs a bit of effort to change the whole atmosphere, I think the answer is because not everyone knows the words and wont sing encase they get the words wrong in case they look stupid (think about a drunk bloke in a club and you will get the idea). At the start of the game or corners etc everyone always joins in "come on you reds" why because everyone knows the words.

I know this might sound a bit stupid but with a joint effort involving BCFC, One Team In Bristol and the Theincider then ,may be we could publish the words to the chants so everyone can pick up what the chants are.

I know that if this were to happen then the first game might be a bit like singing in a church with people reading the words but after that it should have its benefits to BCFC, and I am sure that blocks E and H in the atteyo and the dolman guys could do with some help.

Only a thought may be its a ###### idea, then again may be there is something in this................................

The words idea may be one but on many occasions I join in with songs from the Ateo (in the williams) with my Dad and the faces we get from people around us, well. . . . not the friendliest. Its all this socialogy stuff which is being taught in schools. The amount of people I used to go to class with and have to listen to thier drivvle about hooligans and what they think they are.

Christ sake! a hooligan is someone who entices trouble and is actually invlolved, not one who stands up and sings a song to encourage the team. I moved to the Williams near the away fans because thier you sometimes, just sometimes get a few sing-a-longs with a few others. But still, then we have people looking back at us thinking we are scum of earth (which we aren't!)

Repeat after repeat after repeat- the only way of getting an atmosphere is to get the East end back and doing what we should have done with the Ateo, and that is getting all the singers as one behind the goal. Thats that. So many other people from non singing areas would join in the East end and would create the kind of atmosphere we take to Swindon and Reading for example.

This will be hard because of the away fans of course but if the chairman wants us to be a big club then all they have to do is organise a way in which we can sit in the East End- permanent, and get some vocal support behind the team.

I finish. . . out of breath now.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

LSN where do you sit in the Williams mate, me and my mate might move up with you if there's a chance of some singing, we normally sit in G

Your joking aren't you?! Singing in the williams!!! :blink:

If you could that would be handy but it's one season late I'm afraid. I play footy on a saturday now so only get to weekday games and a few away games which is a shame cus i miss it all.

Sorry about that bud, seriously though the only way to get an atmosphere is to either get the East End back :Sleep12: or to play in the Premier League, surely the atmosphere would be better then?!

Guest WillsbridgeRed

how funny I been saying about the east end for ages mate, if that fails I thing the far end of the williams is the next best thing!

Ah well, next time your going give me a shout

Guest Red_Rat

Everyone in the Williams never sings,or make an atmosphere,most of them are OAPs,and if you dont like the atomphere there then come join us in the Dolman,

I only go in the Williams to try and get as far away as possible to the trumpet, its diar and ######es the hell out of me.

I'm 18, not an OAP and most people I meet/ know in there are ex East End singers. These are the blokes who have been following City since the 70's so dont knock em, and when there is a derby for example they are the ones who start the chanting in the Williams. Before you say "we cant hear them" then all I can say is "we can hardly hear you!"

We need better standard football first to create the atmosphere not this ####py div 2 rubbish. No wonder we only get 10,000 every home game, can you blame them for not wasting their money on rubbish- (talking about the standard at the moment!)

ps: Willsbridge- I sit in G too, either in front of tht B*****d pillar at top of G block or in the bottom of G block to the very back as possible

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I would sit in Dolman Tian, but little muppets that speak without having the full details kind of annoys me.

Far end of the Williams is anything but all "oaps"

We normally aim for the back of the first block lsn, row k I think. Was quality int here for the 2 Cardiff games last year, and Rovers in LDV year before.

One thing I will say about the present Atmosphere at City, I do like the way there seems to be hardly any Rovers songs. everything they sing seems to be about us and just makes them look like the jelous pikeys they are.

one reason why not every1 sings is because they dont want to!

BUT,they shouldnt give you any sort of look if you want to sing,last year i was sat in the gwr,i dare say/sing a word just because the looks i would get,also no one else would join in.

i now sit in the atyeo where i can sing as much as i want without any looks whatsoever :blink: :Party27: :clap::clap:

Guest spanish fly

anyone that wants to sing - good for them

anyone that wants me to sing - can s#d off

anyone that thinks that makes me less of a fan - can f#ck off

simple really

A lot of it depends on each individual person in the crowd. Some people like to sing, some people hate singing, some people have to be in the right mood, and some people will sing if others around them will.

I'm not the most vocal, but it's not because I don't know the words. I suppose I fit into the "sing if others around will" bracket.

There are a few elderly people that attend, and quite a few kids. There is no specific type of supporter that attends.

If somebody wants to sing, then they will. If they don't, then funnily enough they won't.

The East End could be one solution, where all people that want to sing for prolonged periods all get together. That's fine, but if that was too happen, then the rest of the ground would be virtually dead!! However the likelyhood of the East End making a regular return is highly unlikely.

Like I've said, if somebody wants to sing, then they will. You will never be able to make a group of people sing if they don't want to.

Archived