IGNORED

Gj Will Be A Man In Demand

Red Robin

Said some while back GJ would be a man in demand,seriously think someone is going to show interest and possibly already has shown interest undercover [it does go on]

SLs going to have his work cut out keeping his ambitious manager under his current deal.

GJ on the other hand may not want to uproot his family and move elsewhere.

I think with the crazy merry go round in management positions we could see our manager under constant speculation with other jobs.

GJ can see the potential here,the club and chairman are big enough to take us on,lets hope the best manager since Alan Dicks sticks around and take this club to the next level.

Gary Johnson isn't going to leave us for any other Championship club right now. He's just signed a new deal and we're 4th. He probably wouldn't in the summer either given that he's built a side here and is still going forward.

No Premiership club will appoint someone externally who hasn't managed at that level before.

Of course there will be speculation but it will mainly be from our own fans for some weird reason I can't really fathom.

Gary Johnson isn't going to leave us for any other Championship club right now. He's just signed a new deal and we're 4th. He probably wouldn't in the summer either given that he's built a side here and is still going forward.

No Premiership club will appoint someone externally who hasn't managed at that level before.

Of course there will be speculation but it will mainly be from our own fans for some weird reason I can't really fathom.

Its only a matter of time I'm afraid...

In the likely event that we finish around mid table this year I can see him leaving for a top end Championship club too be honest.

Its only a matter of time I'm afraid...

In the likely event that we finish around mid table this year I can see him leaving for a top end Championship club too be honest.

If that was his intent why sign a new deal?

At the end of the season after this one, possibly, particularly if the club hasn't progressed, but I don't think he will be moving after our first season at this level.

Any of the bigger Championship clubs will be ones where promotion is expected, that doesn't make a sensible career choice for a manager.

If that was his intent why sign a new deal?

At the end of the season after this one, possibly, particularly if the club hasn't progressed, but I don't think he will be moving after our first season at this level.

Any of the bigger Championship clubs will be ones where promotion is expected, that doesn't make a sensible career choice for a manager.

Not sure he is intending to move clubs but if an offer comes in which is better then ours I think he will find it hard to turn down.

Don't think the new deal has much significance, clubs seem to be willing to pay compensation packages like we did when he left Yeovil. Just look at the Steve Bruce situation at the moment.

Not sure he is intending to move clubs but if an offer comes in which is better then ours I think he will find it hard to turn down.

Don't think the new deal has much significance, clubs seem to be willing to pay compensation packages like we did when he left Yeovil. Just look at the Steve Bruce situation at the moment.

GJ will find any offer easy to turn down if it's not the right move for his career and to be perfectly honest there is not a better job for him than ours, and I doubt there will be at the end of the season.

He has taken us from the doldrums to about the level we expect to be at and is rightly going to get cut lots of slack and have lots of faith from fans here because of that. He has a board that backs him financially, fans that aren't expecting the earth, stadium developments on the way, and is settled in the south west. If it comes down to salary then I'm sure SteveL would rather just give him a pay rise than face trying to replace him.

Prem clubs won't be interested because he doesn't have that experience yet. Clubs at this level bigger enough than us to ordinarily be attractive will all have fans expecting promotion in the first season and squads of 30+ big time charlies on too much money to clear out easily. In other words, poisoned chalices GJ won't be stupid enough to drink from when he's got it good here.

If he has a second good season with us here then I could see a side relegated from the Prem coming in for him but until then it's not something to worry about IMO. Don't forget that he turned down Coventry and Derby when at Yeovil for exactly the reasons I'm suggesting he will stay here.

I'm not sure what you mean about Steve Bruce - he is out of contract at the end of the season, not wanted by the soon-to-be owner, and has already managed in the Prem. Wigan is a step down for him but that's better than being fired in a month when Jeung takes over. Brum will get bugger all compo and won't be bothered about it.

Much could depend on Boothroyd, personally I don't believe a mid table Prem club would come in for him but you never know there are some strange appointments going on in this merry go round. Watord could be the one job GJ could be tempted by.

Boothroyd is in a similar situation to GJ though just a bit better, why leave hero worship at Watford (and a promotion bound side), a financially sound club, to go to a club at the level you hope to be at next season with massively higher expectations and pressure?

There is one Championship team he would leave you for and that's Watford. He has the connections in the past there and he said as much when he was at Yeovil.

To be fair, I would say that they are the only club in your division he'd go to and that speculation will increase ten-fold when the inevitable happens and Adrian Boothroyd leaves Watford for a Premiership team.

Boothroyd is in a similar situation to GJ though just a bit better, why leave hero worship at Watford (and a promotion bound side), a financially sound club, to go to a club at the level you hope to be at next season with massively higher expectations and pressure?

Agreed, it may have to be a Boro or a West Ham or similar to tempt him but you never ever know it could be a Birmingham City or a ummmm struggling now

If Watford started struggling and Bothroyd got sacked i could see GJ going in because he'd have time to turn things round and get his system in much like he did with us albeit at the next level up in terms of current size. If however Bothroyd jumped ship (god knows where to as no Prem club in their right mind would pick him at the minute) GJ would have the half a season to carry on getting them up, then no time in the Prem as they inevitably struggle and because he's new there and has no Prem experience he'd be gone before new year.

As far as the other championship clubs are concerned I just don't see the point in him leaving. From what I've seen of Gj he seems to value honesty and commitment and leaving in the next couple of years blows that out of the water considering what he's no doubt told the three year deal players about the club's (under him) future. I believe that Gj is currently very very happy in his professional life so why uproot that when you've still got a challenge and a job here to do. We proven as a team that we can "compete" in this league and GJ then has (as long as we stay in the league) as long as he damn well wants to push us on as far as i'm concerned. Not only that but he'll receive the financial backing to do so. Add to that the on the horizon major off field changes and we're a club to match the Coventry's and Leicester's in terms of structure.

For me what it comes down to is...

What's GJ incentive to leave a job where he has the trust and support of the club behind him when a job's half finished to go to an unstable club where he has to start again? He didn't leave Yeovil until realistically they reached as far as they could in terms of potential. If and when we establish ourselves as a mid table Premiership club then I consider the job "done" and he'll have my absolute blessings to take control of another bigger club with more potential.

And why would any Premiership club appoint GJ? He's got 16 games in the championship for experience, never mind the Prem! Mind you Sanchez got a Premiership position so anything can happen i guess!

Because City fans are a bunch of pessimists. We've had so many years of rubbish then things go well we can't believe it will last...

There is one Championship team he would leave you for and that's Watford. He has the connections in the past there and he said as much when he was at Yeovil.

To be fair, I would say that they are the only club in your division he'd go to and that speculation will increase ten-fold when the inevitable happens and Adrian Boothroyd leaves Watford for a Premiership team.

Have you ever heard Boothroyd talk??

He has stated many times that he isnt interested in a move, that all he wants to do is yo yo the club back to the prem and stay there long term when they are established in the prem.

That gives God plenty of time to establish us in the CCC and push (and reach) the promised land!

• Admin
Brum will get bugger all compo and won't be bothered about it.

I'd welcome £3M if it's bugger all.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...tic/7100525.stm

That aside, I can't see Gary Johnson looking to make a rapid exit from City, he's got a work in progress here and I believe he'll want to give it his best shot of getting us two promotions (albeit, probably in two or three seasons, rather than consecutively)

That aside, I can't see Gary Johnson looking to make a rapid exit from City, he's got a work in progress here and I believe he'll want to give it his best shot of getting us two promotions (albeit, probably in two or three seasons, rather than consecutively)

Don't mean to threadjack, but if the ridiculously delightful happened could someone please check if any manager in the English leagues has ever pulled off four promotions in five seasons?

I'm amazed they got that much cash. Bruce was out of contract at the end of the season and can't have been earning more than £500k or so a year which is usually what compensation is based on. Jeung made it quite clear he didn't want Bruce when he bought the club too. I think Whelan has just overpaid there because he can't get a manager of any quality to manage his toy club.

Agree entirely.

Said some while back GJ would be a man in demand,seriously think someone is going to show interest and possibly already has shown interest undercover [it does go on]

SLs going to have his work cut out keeping his ambitious manager under his current deal.

GJ on the other hand may not want to uproot his family and move elsewhere.

I think with the crazy merry go round in management positions we could see our manager under constant speculation with other jobs.

GJ can see the potential here,the club and chairman are big enough to take us on,lets hope the best manager since Alan Dicks sticks around and take this club to the next level.

Archived