IGNORED

Gj's Dilemma

giles_23_bcfc

With all the recent talk of away games here, and away games there and away games everywhere else, i think we seem to have looked past, and are looking ahead of our next game. At home to Leicester on Saturday.

Since our 6-0 drubbing at Ipswich, we take the field for the first time looking to exact some revenge and get the last game out of our systems with a win. But, what will people want? What will the management and players want? Will they be happy with a 1-0 win in a scrappy game, or would they want to really go for it for the whole 90 minutes and win conviningly? For me, i will take 3 points however they come. 3 points is 3 points whether you win 1-0 or 6-0. But its goal difference, which, as we all know, can be crucial.

Not wishing to totally count Leicester out as they have a few dangerous players such as Fryatt, but we have a selection dilemma in a few areas; Right back: Bradley Orr is suspended following his sending off at Ipswich. Personally i would have Brian Wilson replace him as it seems the most logical change; Left Back: As with Orr, McCallister is suspended due to his 5 bookings. Who replaces him at left back? There's been talk of Ribeiro, who, to be fair, had a good game last night for the Welsh Under 21's at only 17. But is he ready for a First Team debut by starting in the championship? My choice would be to switch Fontaine to Left Back and bring McCombe into the middle with Carey. Or do we have anyone else to step into McCallister's role and keep the brilliant partnership of Carey and Fontaine?

Another selection headache for Johnson has to be up front. 4 players, 2 positions. Enoch did well when he came on at Ipswich. He isnt going to play a full game yet but why not start him up with either Trundle or Noble (in his usual role), and bring Byfield on for the last 30 mins or so? We all know how effective Byfield has been coming off the bench.

Thoughts?

I for one want us to be positive and really go for the win. Play 4-4-2 not 4-5-1 (or as some would say 4-4-1-1). Play Trundle upfront with Enoch or Byfield and make a choice in mid field between Johnson and Noble (i'm not fussed with either). At the back i would like to see Carey and Fontaine together and would worry about McCombe as the last time i saw him in defence he look awfall (Southampton or Stoke can't remember). As for left back give the young lad a go if he's going to make his debut with us it is always going to be for a championship team.

With all the recent talk of away games here, and away games there and away games everywhere else, i think we seem to have looked past, and are looking ahead of our next game. At home to Leicester on Saturday.

Since our 6-0 drubbing at Ipswich, we take the field for the first time looking to exact some revenge and get the last game out of our systems with a win. But, what will people want? What will the management and players want? Will they be happy with a 1-0 win in a scrappy game, or would they want to really go for it for the whole 90 minutes and win conviningly? For me, i will take 3 points however they come. 3 points is 3 points whether you win 1-0 or 6-0. But its goal difference, which, as we all know, can be crucial.

Not wishing to totally count Leicester out as they have a few dangerous players such as Fryatt, but we have a selection dilemma in a few areas; Right back: Bradley Orr is suspended following his sending off at Ipswich. Personally i would have Brian Wilson replace him as it seems the most logical change; Left Back: As with Orr, McCallister is suspended due to his 5 bookings. Who replaces him at left back? There's been talk of Ribeiro, who, to be fair, had a good game last night for the Welsh Under 21's at only 17. But is he ready for a First Team debut by starting in the championship? My choice would be to switch Fontaine to Left Back and bring McCombe into the middle with Carey. Or do we have anyone else to step into McCallister's role and keep the brilliant partnership of Carey and Fontaine?

Another selection headache for Johnson has to be up front. 4 players, 2 positions. Enoch did well when he came on at Ipswich. He isnt going to play a full game yet but why not start him up with either Trundle or Noble (in his usual role), and bring Byfield on for the last 30 mins or so? We all know how effective Byfield has been coming off the bench.

Thoughts?

I'd be very reluctant to move Fontaine to left back given his outstanding form this season. Understand the reluctance to bring in an academy player, but it should only be for 1 game, and look at teams like Ipswich & Soton - they don't hesitate bringing in the youngsters if they are good enough. And there is only one way to find out, and thats by playing them. He'd be surrounded by senior pro's as well, so hopefully it can only be of benefit. I'd be more reluctant if we were playing away.

If Fontaine does get moved to left back, I would be tempted to bring in Vasko given McCombe's form thus far.

Wilson slots into right back

Up front, I'd still go with Trundle and Byfield. I'd be tempted to 'rest' Johnson Jnr though, and either bring in Skuse (giving Elliott licence to get forward more), or Noble.

I'd imagine Gary will go in with this team.

.............Basso....

Wilson...Carey...McCombe...Fontaine

Sproule...LJ...Elliott...McIndoe

....Trundle...Enoch.....

Bench

Vasko

Noble

Murray

Byfield

Henderson.

That said, if Sproule runs his legs off or picks up a knock tonight, Murray will come in with Skuse into the first team squad.

I think Enoch will get the nod up front, and who knows, with a big target man up front maybe Trundle will come into his own? (I'd play Noble and Byfield up top, but what do i know!!)

.............Basso....

....Trundle...Enoch.....

Bench

Vasko

Noble

Murray

Byfield

Henderson.

That said, if Sproule runs his legs off or picks up a knock tonight, Murray will come in with Skuse into the first team squad.

I think Enoch will get the nod up front, and who knows, with a big target man up front maybe Trundle will come into his own? (I'd play Noble and Byfield up top, but what do i know!!)

Yeah i pretty much agree with that team. Wouldnt play Vasko as i don't think he has enough experience of the English game. I know he's got to get some eventually but isnt that what cup games are for?

Yeah i pretty much agree with that team. Wouldnt play Vasko as i don't think he has enough experience of the English game. I know he's got to get some eventually but isnt that what cup games are for?

Problem with that though mate, is that there are no cup games to blood him in!! No JPT, No League Cup, No 1st or 2nd round FA cup games. Plus, he's only on loan with an option, so GJ hasn't any pressure to play him.

Problem with that though mate, is that there are no cup games to blood him in!! No JPT, No League Cup, No 1st or 2nd round FA cup games. Plus, he's only on loan with an option, so GJ hasn't any pressure to play him.

FA Cup 3rd round is what i was thinking. Obviously if we get knocked out then he could be buggered! I've got a feeling he will play a few games when injuries and suspensions kick in.

.............Basso....

....Trundle...Enoch.....

Bench

Vasko

Noble

Murray

Byfield

Henderson.

Trundle and enoch upfront? Crikey thats going to lack pace. 2 "big men" who can't head a ball.!

I for one want us to be positive and really go for the win. Play 4-4-2 not 4-5-1 (or as some would say 4-4-1-1). Play Trundle upfront with Enoch or Byfield and make a choice in mid field between Johnson and Noble (i'm not fussed with either). At the back i would like to see Carey and Fontaine together and would worry about McCombe as the last time i saw him in defence he look awfall (Southampton or Stoke can't remember). As for left back give the young lad a go if he's going to make his debut with us it is always going to be for a championship team.

McCombe solidified our defencce at Ipswich from quick sand to stodgy semolina; I would start him in the middle.

Enoch looked lively if ineffective up front when he came on but the other two are hardly setting the division on fire so he deserves at least a bench position.

I am glad McAllister is suspended as he was dire at Portman Road; a rare low point for him this season.

Trundle and enoch upfront? Crikey thats going to lack pace. 2 "big men" who can't head a ball.!

I didn't say that I would play that, :innocent06: but i think GJ will. Also, i don't believe Trundle is a 'big man' in the natural sense, he's a tricky playmaker. I think that Enoch will get through a load of work, and allow Trunds more time on the ball, this is why GJ bought him, hoping to pair him with Enoch/Brooker up top.

I didn't say that I would play that, :innocent06: but i think GJ will. Also, i don't believe Trundle is a 'big man' in the natural sense, he's a tricky playmaker. I think that Enoch will get through a load of work, and allow Trunds more time on the ball, this is why GJ bought him, hoping to pair him with Enoch/Brooker up top.

Yeah sounds about right and what i would go with. With Byfield to come off the bench for the last 20-30 minutes i would say.

I would just like to say after watching Wilson last Tuesday against Rovers DO NOT put him at left back! He will get skinned alive!!

You might be getting your Wilson's mixed up robins. :dunno:

And if it's left back needs filling it'll be neither of them.

Archived