IGNORED

Lionel Ainsworth

Guest Garfunkle

Guest Garfunkle

Two hat-tricks this season from right wing. before people say can he make the step up he looked good in the first leg against leeds and then scored teh only goal in the replay.

thoughts?

Guest Garfunkle
1. Sproule

2. Murray

3. Wilson

4. Betsy

is he better than any of these though?

going on his display against leeds in the cup, yes.

was it a one-off? two hat-tricks from right-wing, albeit in the bottom league, would beg to differ.

1. Sproule

2. Murray

3. Wilson

4. Betsy

is he better than any of these though?

Depends how consistent he is - all the above are reasonable wing players on their day but none of them can be relied on for an effective performance, to provide a supply of searching crosses or bag 10 goals this season.

Depends how consistent he is - all the above are reasonable wingers on their day, none of them can be relied on for an effective performance, providing searching crosses or bagging 10 goals this season.

Well Sproule's crossing has provided at least two goals for McIndoe this season, and I wouldn't bet against Murray reaching 10 goals this season.

Betsy may even reach 10 goals this season, too, if he gets a move to Forest Green in January...

Guest Garfunkle
Well Sproule's crossing has provided at least two goals for McIndoe this season, and I wouldn't bet against Murray reaching 10 goals this season.

Betsy may even reach 10 goals this season, too, if he gets a move to Forest Green in January...

the atleast should be deleted - he has provided two good crosses - not enough from 15 or so games!

this kiddy will be in championship next season so why not be with us rather than against us?

the atleast should be deleted - he has provided two good crosses - not enough from 15 or so games!

this kiddy will be in championship next season so why not be with us rather than against us?

Well, let's not forget he didn't play the first few games due to suspension, was then introduced slowly as a sub, played up front as a striker which he clearly isn't and then shifted to the wing. You've got to allow the guy to settle in. I think over the last few weeks he's improved considerably and is becoming as effective down the right as McIndoe is down the left.

Murray's the only one who might possibly get 10 goals this season and for every pinpoint cross Sproule provides there are many ineffective toe pokey weak crosses which don't go past the first defender. He also seems to get knackered very easily and still has some way to go to prove he is the answer at this level. Certainly doesn't look like he'll reach the goalscoring heights of Scott Murray, even in his average seasons.

In Lionel Ainsworth we're talking about somebody, 'possibly', on a different level goalscoring wise and other wingers will quickly be moved on if GJ finds one who is more effective, and especially one who can make a real impact in the goalscoring stakes.

Not saying Ainsworth is the answer but the list only proves we've got quantity in that position, and the chances are it will be shortened in the near future.

if he had actually played 15 games on the right wing then fair enough, but he hasn't. he's played about 7 games on the wing, he's still adjusting to this league after moving from Scotland but has provided 2/3 assists and a goal so far,

this lad has spent the last few years at Derby and hasn't go into their team, so how would he get into ours.

No Ta

Kevin Betsy had 2 decent performances against Chelsea. Since we signed him he's not impressed me. I cant single out 1 ame where he's played well.

Did you watch Betsy before the Chelsea games? Of couse not, because if you did then you'd know he was by far Wycombes best player. He's done alright for us but not the answer in the Championship I'll give you that.

Archived