IGNORED

Geoff Thompson And Brian Barwick.

Seend Red

FA chairman Geoff Thompson and chief executive Brian Barwick seem to of come out of all this mess untouched, ultimately they were the one's responsible for putting McClown in charge in the first place so the buck should stop with them.

McClaren should of shown some dignity and stepped down last night after the game, Barwick who is now charged to find the next coach even though he got it so wrong with SM is still in his job.

Talk about the boys at top looking after each other!

McClaren should indeed have resigned but I do have some sympathy for him - his career is now in tatters because they gave him a job he couldn't do (his fault for taking it I know) - but for Barwick there is no excuse.

The man sabotaged Dein's attempts to get Scolari and rejected O'Neill only to find out his chosen candidate was crooked and end up with McClaren. He then treated us like mugs by proclaiming he was first choice all along.

Should Barwick walk? I was thinking more along the lines of jump....

There must be some way to petition and get these FA people out. We need people who know football and can pick managers who are strong motivators, with influence who can think under pressure and not be phased. They need to know and understand the competition.

Redknapp is all of these as well......

They won't appoint anyone who can get results because they're the abrasive characters. The FA always go for the 'safe' option; nice, passionless types. You need a Clough-type in there. Someone who'll get them riled up and go out there and play nasty.

Archived