IGNORED

Worrying

Keepers Ball

Yes thats right.Because I am bloody worried.

They say you are only as good as your last game so we'll put aside our cracking start to the season.

Our form right now is terrible.The one touch passing is no longer witnessed and there does'nt seem to be any fight.On top of this we have a team that has leaked 9 goals in three games and a team that can hardly get a shot on target let alone score.we can't make our minds up over Lee Trundle, Byfields game has gone off the boil but that can be down to service and Showumni ? well as much as I like the bloke he's no championship striker.

Now onto my biggest grumble....Lee Johnson(cue grumble).FFS what is the point of him being on the pitch apart from walking around and spraying bad passes that end up with the opposition.On top of this Gary Johnson seems to fail in substituting him when it is plainly obvious he is having poor games.It is going to get to the point where Lee johnson is going to end up a scapegoat or hate figure.This will certainly wont do Lee johnson and more inportantly Bristol City and favours.

Look at it from another perspective.Why is David Noble continuously on the bench.Right now the bloke is fit.

David Noble or Lee Johnson ? Who do you think is more capable of unlocking a defence ?

If these problems aren't acted upon then very soon, moral if it hasn't already will sink lower than an 80 year old man's testicles.This will only lead to a dreaded free-fall which I for one after our wonderful start could stomach

Good post, some good points made.

I'm certainly not one to grumble or get on peoples backs, I'm in awe of the start we've had to the season and still firmly believe that we'll put our bad run behind us and continue in good form, and hopefully finish with a comfortable top-half finish.

However, this is dependent on some deficiencies being acted on whilst they're fresh rather than not changing things in the hope that they'll get better. Our hunger was completely gone today, I don't know why, I can only suggest that the thrashing at Ipswich has dented morale in a big way, however I expected better after the extra training that the boys have put in over the international break.

I've always stuck up for LJ in the past, and whilst I still think he's a decent squad player, he's looked totally out of his depth for the most part of the season.

I think it's time Gary recognised his poor form and starts with Noble and Elliott in the centre of midfield. I predict a frosty Christmas in the Johnson household if and, inevitably when LJ is up for the cull.

I'm very concerned about this slide now. I thought Ipswich was a flash in the pan but it seemed to me today that that drubbing has totally got rid of the 'never know when you're beaten' attitude that became the hallmark of our team. Without that, we're not good enough man-for-man compared to most of the other Championship squads.

We now face four very tough games in two weeks, including three hard away days and if we can't get a result sooner rather than later then I fear a long, hard winter ahead. We're still in credit points wise at the moment but that'll only last so long. The rot's set deeper than most of thought :(

Very flat today on and off the pitch. As said our game seems to have deserted us. Does this coincide with not playing 4-5-1 with Nobes?? mmmmmmmm :noexpression:

As for LJ, I seem to remember a Yeovil fan telling us that GJ never subs him, no, really never!!

NO quality on show today , thought Wilson did well....... thats about it really .

Could see why they don't concede much but they were lacking quality to.

All in all, well, we've had a bloody good start and now its time to dig in.

:englandflag:

Even had people having an arguement behind me over this dire effort,paying £30 for this crap ect. Think this is a real wake-up call welcome to the cold hard world of the championship football. Can't understand Jevons & Keogh being loaned out,had worries before the kick-off new manager,solid championship team hard to break down no real goal threat from City over last couple of games. Unless a super fit Brooker is nearly ready can't see how any new face's have been ruled out in the transfer window,this could fast become a Cardiff City like collaspe this wasn't a top team Leicester are a draw at home at least side.

David Noble or Lee Johnson ? Who do you think is more capable of unlocking a defence ?

got to be honest, if I was Gary Johnson, I'd be in the hunt for a better creative central midfielder as I'm losing faith in both Johnson and Noble's ability to constantly control games in this division

Yes thats right.Because I am bloody worried.

They say you are only as good as your last game so we'll put aside our cracking start to the season.

Our form right now is terrible.The one touch passing is no longer witnessed and there does'nt seem to be any fight.On top of this we have a team that has leaked 9 goals in three games and a team that can hardly get a shot on target let alone score.we can't make our minds up over Lee Trundle, Byfields game has gone off the boil but that can be down to service and Showumni ? well as much as I like the bloke he's no championship striker.

Now onto my biggest grumble....Lee Johnson(cue grumble).FFS what is the point of him being on the pitch apart from walking around and spraying bad passes that end up with the opposition.On top of this Gary Johnson seems to fail in substituting him when it is plainly obvious he is having poor games.It is going to get to the point where Lee johnson is going to end up a scapegoat or hate figure.This will certainly wont do Lee johnson and more inportantly Bristol City and favours.

Look at it from another perspective.Why is David Noble continuously on the bench.Right now the bloke is fit.

If these problems aren't acted upon then very soon, moral if it hasn't already will sink lower than an 80 year old man's testicles.This will only lead to a dreaded free-fall which I for one after our wonderful start could stomach

It's premature to be "bloody worried". We've not played well the last couple of games but we're not suddenly relegation candidates any more than we were promotion candidates 3 games ago.

LJ is well off form and needs a rest I agree, but you certainly can't say that Noble is fit. The evidence is that he's far from it, he's not lasted 90 minutes yet and broken down in two or three games. That said I'd still start Noble at the moment.

Morale isn't a problem and isn't going to be, you could see there was determination there even as everything went wrong today.

Its got to be the confidence factor surely. Players don't become bad players overnight, we are still as good a team as we were after we beat Coventry 3-0 and went top of the league, the only difference is we now have zero confiecne after that 6-0 defeat. Get a win against Hull on Tuesday night and everyone will be in much better mood ahead of the Watford big one.

Yes, I'm starting to get worried after losing 3 in a row but I have faith in the manager to sort things out, the same way I feel if Trundle can get a goal he will go on a scoring run. Bring on Hull City.

I don't know, but I know which is capable of playing for 90 minutes 40 or 50 times a season and which will manage half that if he's lucky.

Noble may be fit enough to take part in games but is he fit enough to play a central midfield role for most of the game? (And I mean a proper midfield role, not floating about "in the hole").

We pay a mill for Trundle (who was nowhere near as bad as some others) and persist with a free transfer journeyman who was shown the door by his 10th club.Come on GJ, Lee has been utter pants for the last 5 matches,give him a rest because it not only affects his game but is starting to affect our early season star Elliot,he can't carry on doing the work of two players and it shows.Also about McCombe,quality League1,sadly nowhere near good enogh for CCC.

We pay a mill for Trundle (who was nowhere near as bad as some others) and persist with a free transfer journeyman who was shown the door by his 10th club.Come on GJ, Lee has been utter pants for the last 5 matches,give him a rest because it not only affects his game but is starting to affect our early season star Elliot,he can't carry on doing the work of two players and it shows.Also about McCombe,quality League1,sadly nowhere near good enogh for CCC.

Don't see how you can say that McCombe isnt good enough already. He hassnt excatily played very much at this level. At least wait until Christmas and if he isnt playing to well, then you can make statements like that.

Archived