IGNORED

Not Good Today

WarksRed

The start of concern for me today, no spark ........ not much of anything ..........and certainly the worst performance in our last three defeats ........it ranks alongside Barnsley

Charlton were cynical but professional

Ipswich were on fire that day

but Leicester were bad ......... and we were worse

i've had a concern about McCombe in this division, but to be fair, he did ok first half while they hoofed the ball towards our goal, but he looked vunerable in the second half when they played the ball with speed on the deck.

no one shone for me, although McIndoe worked hard all game, I thought Trundle was doing OK as well, Enoch being in the team mystifies me, he obviously has some secret skill I've not seen yet.

this brings me to LJ, no one passed the ball well today, but that is LJ's purpose in the team, he bottles tackles, gets knocked over to easily, sits on the pitch waving his arms at the ref when he looses a tackle, but his passing today was BAD, he took at least three quick free kicks, all passed to the opposition, if he's not doing the job he's on the pitch for ,.... passing to our players ........ maybe its time he was rested. It may do him good if he thinks he's not fireproof

our passing game today consisted on 5 or 6 sideways passes ........ followed by a 30/40 yard punt upfield ......... we did the same in the last 15 minutes, without the nicety of the sideways passes, ..... but never looked like scoring either way.

i assume Nobel is injured or unfit as he doesn't start i could go on, but it gets more depressing, the more i think about todays performance ...

basically ......... THEY WERE BAD ......... WE WERE WORSE

on a positive note, after the shambles at Barnsley, we went on a nice winning run.

roll on Hull on Tuesday

:englandsmile4wf:

The start of concern for me today, no spark ........ not much of anything ..........and certainly the worst performance in our last three defeats ........

#I aggree we were poor today, we had no threat up front and we need to improve quickly with some hard games coming up we don't want to be in freefall. :city:

The start of concern for me today, no spark ........ not much of anything ..........and certainly the worst performance in our last three defeats ........it ranks alongside Barnsley

i've had a concern about McCombe in this division, but to be fair, he did ok first half while they hoofed the ball towards our goal, but he looked vunerable in the second half when they played the ball with speed on the deck.

no one shone for me, although McIndoe worked hard all game, I thought Trundle was doing OK as well, Enoch being in the team mystifies me, he obviously has some secret skill I've not seen yet.

this brings me to LJ, no one passed the ball well today, but that is LJ's purpose in the team, he bottles tackles, gets knocked over to easily, sits on the pitch waving his arms at the ref when he looses a tackle, but his passing today was BAD, he took at least three quick free kicks, all passed to the opposition, if he's not doing the job he's on the pitch for ,.... passing to our players ........ maybe its time he was rested. It may do him good if he thinks he's not fireproof

our passing game today consisted on 5 or 6 sideways passes ........ followed by a 30/40 yard punt upfield ......... we did the same in the last 15 minutes, without the nicety of the sideways passes, ..... but never looked like scoring either way.

i assume Nobel is injured or unfit as he doesn't start i could go on, but it gets more depressing, the more i think about todays performance ...

on a positive note, after the shambles at Barnsley, we went on a nice winning run.

roll on Hull on Tuesday

Fully agree with your comments WR. It was a disappointing afternoon. Our midfield being totally over run, no service for the front players and our defence working overtime.

I took the wife along today and her comment was " I could be at home hanging wallpaper than watch this."

Changes our required for Tuesday and most definately agree LJ needs a rest.

We were poor today. They didn't beat us, We beat ourselves. There can be no excuses for a performance like that. We wasn't at the races today at all. We could have been playing until this time tomorrow and still not managed to score.

roll on Hull on Tuesday

I agree with pretty much everything you say if I'm honest

Lee Johnson HAS to be dropped. Ive always rated him, and have never been one to moan about him, but he is struggling at the minute, and its time to try something different, either Noble or hell, even get Russell back, he cant do much worse

McCombe. He looks to slow at this level, both physically and mentally I'm afraid. I love this bloke, he's all heart, but like the old saying goes....."theres no room in football for sentiments"

Why did Wilson start right wing? we have Sproule and Murray who can both play there, so why start Wilson there? even crazier, why start Skuse at right back? to of the oddest decisions. Both these players are far to weak for this level I'm afraid, Wilson is a poor player full stop.

We HAVE to go back to the 4-4-1-1 I think, its the best system to play with the palyers we have.

Today was the first day when Ive actually thought "christ, were going to struggle with these players...." It wast good at all

roll on Hull on Tuesday

Agree with all of that. It was a very underwhelming performance and even those couple of players who were "OK" (Trundle, McIndoe, Carey) weren't anything to write home about.

We seem to lack the approach around the box that actually creates a chance, particularly when sides come here and stand off and defend deep and play on the break which Leicester did to good effect. Our wingers aren't beating their full backs, crosses from deep and more direct balls aren't hitting a red shirt, and LJ and Elliott can't seem to find a way through the middle.

I think we need to actually be testing the keeper more from range, if we look dangerous from 25 yards they'll have to come out of their trench.

It's concerning and it's looking more and more like we need Brooker and a couple of signings in January but it's certainly not time to panic either.

Why the hell wasnt super Scotty playing, and Betsy on the bench at least???

The midfield was very poor today, Johnson in particular. They were second to every ball, and couldn,t cope with Leicester shutting them down straight away.

lose control of the midfield, and the defence is put under more pressure, and the front men basically become spectators.

I'd like to think City were capable of a lot better than todays performance, specially after the rest they've just enjoyed. That performance is one you'd expect after a series of midweek, and weekend games.

Very disappointing day in all.

roll on Hull on Tuesday

More worrying is that GJ has had 2 weeks to build them up after Ipswich. I saw no evidence whatsoever that this lot were up for anything. OK, we were bright enough without ever looking threatening in the first 20 minutes. As soon as Leicester scored, that was it. We rolled over. No spirit, no guts, nothing. Agree that No. 33 needs a rest, preferably a very long one. Is it not time to at least recall Russell? I fear a long hard winter in front of us. A lot of activity is going to be required in the January transfer window.

Simple lack of confidence with alot of the players and the longer we go without scoring the more vulnerable we look. Still got Hull to look forward to Tuesday and wouldnt we suprised to see some changes with the return of Orr and Mccallister at the heart of the defence.

Simple lack of confidence with alot of the players and the longer we go without scoring the more vulnerable we look. Still got Hull to look forward to Tuesday and wouldnt we suprised to see some changes with the return of Orr and Mccallister at the heart of the defence.

Lis, we were over run in midfield, cos one of our midfielders had a stinker, putting the pressure on the other three. On top of a a lack of confidence, it made a long hard game very likely. Jamie and Bradders being back will help, but if the same player has another stinker......

Simple lack of confidence can make a big difference............. I think I'd have expected a draw minimum

The other truth is we had a start that was way beyond our expectations...... in the mean time people I have spoken to that support other more established teams in our division have suggested from the onset that we were punching above our weight :( ........... at that point we were still delivering so that shut them up for a while.

So back to the reality of something that you have to work on and not give up at the first hurdle?

Realistically we maybe should accept that the start was down to hard work and belief...... something has gone astray

And it is down to Gary & his management to get that belief back on track..... it was never going to be easy and the table did not lie over our start to the season but that said a couple of defeats is no more than most of us might have expected........ maybe we were just getting used to draws or winning?

Gary and team come on........... time to get back on track eh?

Archived