IGNORED

Hollowhead

cidered4

Apologies if this has been mentioned in the short time after the game but this has been bothering me all the way home to sunny Clevedon. Why did some people clap Hollowhead before the game and after the final whistle? I cant get over it. Hollowhead, just incase some people have forgotten - played and managed Rovers. Yep thats right Bristol Rovers - our rivals. That is like Rovers fans clapping Tinnion. Cant see that happening!

Now I understand that he deserves a huge amount of admiration for the family situation he finds himself in - off the pitch, but he is still ex Rovers on the pitch. Not only that he is a hypocrite. In the summer he openly slated some players for not being loyal to the club because they havent signed new deals. Then he ups and leaves when he fancies it. I'm not a plymouth fan but that is wrong. That is disgraceful behaviour and is the reason football is in the state it is.

We had an oppurtunity to give Hollowhead the abuse he deserves and get the noise rattling around the gate. Instead we had some nice people giving a clap to an opposition manager. These are probably the same people that leave early when we win and moan all the time. Still, never mind Hollowhead loves you.

Apologies if this has been mentioned in the short time after the game but this has been bothering me all the way home to sunny Clevedon. Why did some people clap Hollowhead before the game and after the final whistle? I cant get over it. Hollowhead, just incase some people have forgotten - played and managed Rovers. Yep thats right Bristol Rovers - our rivals. That is like Rovers fans clapping Tinnion. Cant see that happening!

Now I understand that he deserves a huge amount of admiration for the family situation he finds himself in - off the pitch, but he is still ex Rovers on the pitch. Not only that he is a hypocrite. In the summer he openly slated some players for not being loyal to the club because they havent signed new deals. Then he ups and leaves when he fancies it. I'm not a plymouth fan but that is wrong. That is disgraceful behaviour and is the reason football is in the state it is.

We had an oppurtunity to give Hollowhead the abuse he deserves and get the noise rattling around the gate. Instead we had some nice people giving a clap to an opposition manager. These are probably the same people that leave early when we win and moan all the time. Still, never mind Hollowhead loves you.

It was nearly as pathetic as the performance on the pitch

This bloke despises the City....end of story. Always has done.

This afternoon was like a tacky Christmas panto. He played up to the crowd and the crowd loved it and clapped! So much for trying to create an intimidating fortress!

All that was missing was the panto donkey......although the 11 players on the pitch had a damn good go at filling that position! :innocent06:

It was nearly as pathetic as the performance on the pitch

This bloke despises the City....end of story. Always has done.

No, I don't believe he does. He's adult and mature enough to have moved on from that small minded, tabloid thinking. The next England manager must be an englishman etc etc....

This afternoon was like a tacky Christmas panto. He played up to the crowd and the crowd loved it and clapped! So much for trying to create an intimidating fortress!

All that was missing was the panto donkey......although the 11 players on the pitch had a damn good go at filling that position! :innocent06:

Guest WellyCiderHead

Just imagine Tinnion going to rovers with a team he manges. can u really see those b******s standing and applauding him!!!

Holloway had it all too easy yesterday and i think it was reflected on the pitch.

The whole day was far too comfortable for that gas p***k and leicster on the pitch.

People didn't clap him from where I was stood in the Atyeo. Personally, I didn't do anything when he approached the tunnel other than try and get the players to lift their heads up and boo the ref for the shocking decision that cost us the first goal.

Holloway's a cantankerous little shit who responds to the grief he gets from the crowd, especially at City. So the best method is to no nothing IMHO, ignore him. Don't clap, don't boo so you don't get a reaction from the ####!

Hear Hear!!! Well said mate, i was disgusted in the way everyone cheered the jumped-up little ###### and ignored our own manager when he came out. Here is a post i posted earlier but no one replied to what i had said:

Holloway 'played' our crowd yesterday and silenced the boo boys from the start this made for a terrible atmosphere and played into Leicesters hands.

The clown came onto the pitch by making friendly justures to the crowd by bowing as if in respect of us shaking players hands and wrestling with scrumpy the mascot by this time most of our fans were in his pocket and the normally 90 minutes of anti Holloway songs were just a wimper at the start

There were even our fans clapping him, getting his autograph and having photo's taken with the guy as if he was a long lost city legend..

He got a better reception than Gary Johnson yesterday which is disgraceful ... There was even some guy sat next to me shouting "we love you really Olly we love you" What the **** !!! get a reality check, don't forget that the guy is a born and bred Gashead and HATES BCFC

He played the crowd yesterday and we fell for it, he must be laughing all the way back to Leicester

What next are we going to start a fan club for Tony Pulis as well

Exactly, I've actually got a lot of respect for the guy he's a Bristolian through and through and a character to boot.

Agreed, he's a Bristolian 1st and a gashead 2nd, I have seen him quoted as saying he wants Bristol football to be successful.

Rivalry yes, respect as well. Look at the difference between his pre/post match comments and his conduct during the game and that of Mr T P*nis of Stoke. Different class of person. No mention of "teams in blue".

perhaps some people don't like it because he put one over on us yesterday?

• Admin
Agreed, he's a Bristolian 1st and a gashead 2nd, I have seen him quoted as saying he wants Bristol football to be successful.

Rivalry yes, respect as well. Look at the difference between his pre/post match comments and his conduct during the game and that of Mr T P*nis of Stoke. Different class of person. No mention of "teams in blue".

perhaps some people don't like it because he put one over on us yesterday?

Perhaps some don't remember the history, he was very vocal against us, he certainly used the local derby to accentuate it above and beyond what was necessary and if you missed it, this should be enough...

http://www.qpr1st.co.uk/main/hollowayspeech.asp

"Big headed Bristol City" and your happy to clap the guy on..........

I was really disappointed he did not join us at the time of Rob Newman's departure to Norwich.Absolutely first rate Bristolian that maximised his talents to the full in a long and distinguished career.Displayed great determination in getting his career back on track after having tasted early success.Essentially had to rebuild it after a prolonged debilitating illness.

In management just like playing he gives 100% which has endeared himself to fans with an unashamed passion and commitment,fiercely loyal,colourful, and great for the game.

Sadly moronic forces can not see beyond blue and white quarters and talk of abuse and such like.....oh how the "beautiful game" and everything that adds variety and substance to it can be viewed so differently,even by those that support the same side!

I suspect the reaction that many had at the game was nothing more than simple honest and healthy RESPECT,and that is a considered and earned commodity.That fellow supporters of the club I love can see the wood for the trees is pleasing,that others may with the fullness of time see bigger pictures is a hope.

Archived