IGNORED

Gj's Interview On Radio Bristol

rockin-robin

have a sly dig at the support today!

I am not having a go at GJ because what I think he has done for our football club is superb.

I never heard him say a thanks on the radio (or by another means) to those who travelled all the way to Ipswich and sang their hearts throughout the game only to see us humiliated 6-0.

In addition, you cannot keep relying on the crowd to give you a boost when you go 1 or 2 down at home. Surely thats your job GJ, and if your relying on the crowd all the time then......

Also, I think that Johnson junior is not a bad player, but he doesn't exactly set the world on fire does he? I have given GJ the benefit of the doubt so far on Lee johnson, but even the best footballers in the world don't play every game for the full 90 minutes, so what the hell is going on with that? NEPITISM perhaps. Well, I think we all know the answer to that.

P.S. This is not a Lee Johnson slating thread, but come on, wake up and smell the coffee GJ!

What did he say exactly?

Basically, that the whole club from the players to the supporters did not turn up today. He stated thst whilst he acknowledged the players inspire the crowd into life, sometimes, when it is not happening then the supporters should inspire the team which did not happen.

Me I just thought it was flat. The LCFC players were simply that bit better, better first touch, better distribution and better ideas in a game that was at the very best average.

to be fair he had a point, the atmosphere was totally flat today,

I turned up late to the game today and didn't get into the ground till just after 30mins, from walking from Currys to the Atyeo/Dolman corner, you wouldn't have thought there was a football match going on inside the ground.

The atmosphere was crap today, the early goal for Leicester didn't help on that front.

GJ has every right to criticise the crowd, he's praised it often enough and constantly tells us how important we are.

Just read his programme notes again this week and he's talking about it.

Funny isnt is last season and the season before GJ was always praising the city fans no matter what, now we are championship though and GJ will be gone next season i'l expect he's starting not to care anymore..

I've never seen a poster manage to fit that much complete bullshit into so few words.

Whilst talking about atmosphere I would like to mention once again the East End boys. It was awesum in there today, what football shoult be like with no hint of trouble. Hilarious at about 1.45pm when there were only about 7 people in there and we were singing to the 2,000+ Leicester fans. Even the stewards were laughing.

Long live the East End.

Funny isnt is last season and the season before GJ was always praising the city fans no matter what, now we are championship though and GJ will be gone next season i'l expect he's starting not to care anymore..

I've never seen a poster manage to fit that much complete bullshit into so few words.

You must be new to this forum.

Whilst talking about atmosphere I would like to mention once again the East End boys. It was awesum in there today, what football shoult be like with no hint of trouble. Hilarious at about 1.45pm when there were only about 7 people in there and we were singing to the 2,000+ Leicester fans. Even the stewards were laughing.

Long live the East End.

Try making a bit of noise next home game, it will be even better trust me :innocent06:

Mate, we may not have been at our loudest today but we still sang our hearts out all the way through. Even in the last min we were singing 'drink up ze cider'. You may not have heard us but GJ evidently did when he gave us a wave.

The atmosphere has been an issue for a while. I think its nerves causing the silence. When we score or r at least attacking the place does light up. But going 1-0 down in the cold wet weather causes too many people to drop there heads. I don't think Gj is being personal, he is just highlighting a problem what we all knew about.

I am not having a go at GJ because what I think he has done for our football club is superb.

I never heard him say a thanks on the radio (or by another means) to those who travelled all the way to Ipswich and sang their hearts throughout the game only to see us humiliated 6-0.

In addition, you cannot keep relying on the crowd to give you a boost when you go 1 or 2 down at home. Surely thats your job GJ, and if your relying on the crowd all the time then......

Also, I think that Johnson junior is not a bad player, but he doesn't exactly set the world on fire does he? I have given GJ the benefit of the doubt so far on Lee johnson, but even the best footballers in the world don't play every game for the full 90 minutes, so what the hell is going on with that? NEPITISM perhaps. Well, I think we all know the answer to that.

P.S. This is not a Lee Johnson slating thread, but come on, wake up and smell the coffee GJ!

I like Gary Johnson, but, 3 games in a row, 3 losses, 9 goals conceded, 0 goals scored and hardly any clearcut chances to get excited about! The players had two weeks to "get back to basics", well after today's performance we may need another two weeks to get back to even more basics!!

It's not like we're playing brilliant football, it's all gone a little flat. We either lost our way or other teams have sussed us out.

I'd like to know if Gary Johnson is cutting off his nose to spite his face; Our top goalscorer for the reserves hasn't had a sniff of first team action and is on loan at Huddersfield, and possibly the best backup rightback we have is on loan at Carlisle!!

The atmosphere has been an issue for a while. I think its nerves causing the silence. When we score or r at least attacking the place does light up. But going 1-0 down in the cold wet weather causes too many people to drop there heads. I don't think Gj is being personal, he is just highlighting a problem what we all knew about.

Nah don't agree with it being nerves. Whats there to be nervous about? were not in a relegation battle (yet)....

The atmosphere has always been poor at the Gate...well since ive been going anyway, 15 years now

Long live the East End.

Yeah, fair play you did put a fair bit of noise out.

The rest of the ground was pretty quiet, but we didnt get a lot to get excited about to be fair. Hollowhead attracted the largest amount of abuse, from all round the ground.

I agree that the crowd should take the criticism on the chin and were flat today. But to be fair to the crowd they didn't

1) Pick a central midfield player at Right Back

2) Pick one of our best performaing players who is a CENTRE HALF at Left Back

3) Refuse to make changes to a central midfield who were outplayed for ninety minutes

If the crowd are to be criticised for lack of atmosphere then Johnson should accept some blame for his "square pegs in round holes" policy today as well.

I agree that the crowd should take the criticism on the chin and were flat today. But to be fair to the crowd they didn't

1) Pick a central midfield player at Right Back

2) Pick one of our best performaing players who is a CENTRE HALF at Left Back

3) Refuse to make changes to a central midfield who were outplayed for ninety minutes

If the crowd are to be criticised for lack of atmosphere then Johnson should accept some blame for his "square pegs in round holes" policy today as well.

Think Skuse has played there before and did ok, Fonts is our only option ( with a left foot) if Jamie mac is out and has played there before, agree about midfield though. Said elsewhere that yeovil fans will tell you GJ doesnt sub Lee no matter how he's doing, AND its NOT slating him to say he had a stinker today...

Think Skuse has played there before and did ok, Fonts is our only option ( with a left foot) if Jamie mac is out and has played there before, agree about midfield though. Said elsewhere that yeovil fans will tell you GJ doesnt sub Lee no matter how he's doing, AND its NOT slating him to say he had a stinker today...

What about Christian Ribiero? He may only be seventeen but so was Leicester's Left Back. And Charlton's Left Back is eighteen. Crystal Palace have been using a sixteen year old in that position. Square pegs in round holes do not work against the proper football teams we are playing against in the Championship and a persistence with this policy will see an alarming slide down the table if we are not careful. The last time Skuse played on the right hand side we got absolutely d1cked by Blackpool at home last season.

If a manager cant sub (or drop) his son, then what does that say for him as a manager? If LJ was a real superstar, then fair enough, but he hardly turns in MOTM performances week in week out does he?

I thought he was bang out of order.

Supporters didnt get us humiliated at Ipswich, and supporters didnt lose at home to crappy Leiscester.

The players and manager are responsible for results, hence why they're paid thousands of pounds a week.

He tried to pick the lads up from 2 weeks ago and failed miserably, don't see the need to reflect that onto the fans.

I thought he was bang out of order.

Supporters didnt get us humiliated at Ipswich, and supporters didnt lose at home to crappy Leiscester.

The players and manager are responsible for results, hence why they're paid thousands of pounds a week.

He tried to pick the lads up from 2 weeks ago and failed miserably, don't see the need to reflect that onto the fans.

:clapping:

I think it just goes to show that when he is full of praise for the supporters (which he so often is) then he probably means it.

I'd much rather have an honest manager than one who spouts cliché after cliché. If he feels the crowd didn't do their bit today then he has every right to say so; he's been here long enough and had enough success with us to be able to say that now.

And it wasn't exactly like he was shying away from the fact it was a poor performance or deflecting the blame in any way. It was just his opinion, and more often than not I agree with him.

I think some fans need to get off their high horse personally.

I think it just goes to show that when he is full of praise for the supporters (which he so often is) then he probably means it.

I'd much rather have an honest manager than one who spouts cliché after cliché. If he feels the crowd didn't do their bit today then he has every right to say so; he's been here long enough and had enough success with us to be able to say that now.

And it wasn't exactly like he was shying away from the fact it was a poor performance or deflecting the blame in any way. It was just his opinion, and more often than not I agree with him.

I think some fans need to get off their high horse personally.

I think you speak alot of sense but...

''I think as a club we could have performed better today''....and what? Won the game 3-0?

If the players played to 50% their full potential we'd have won the game, with 0 fans in the stadium.

I'm sure he's just upset with losing but I don't see how he can ask more from the fans when the players have given nothing.

I'm sure he's just upset with losing but I don't see how he can ask more from the fans when the players have given nothing.

He's asking more from both because both were crap. That's fair enough. If he was blaming the whole thing on fans then yeah we'd have something to be upset about.

The rest is just a chicken and egg argument. Should the crowd lift the players or the players lift the crowd? The only answer is both.

In fairness we can ask for more from him because his selections and substitutions didn't work either.

Blimey, how many more posts are going to be started on GJ's perfectly accurate observation? ... as a crowd we were flat yesterday and that didn't help the players ... when they needed a lift from us they didn't get it ... must do better (or we can cop the strop, sulk and do nothing ... like that would help?)

Basically, that the whole club from the players to the supporters did not turn up today. He stated thst whilst he acknowledged the players inspire the crowd into life, sometimes, when it is not happening then the supporters should inspire the team which did not happen.

Me I just thought it was flat. The LCFC players were simply that bit better, better first touch, better distribution and better ideas in a game that was at the very best average.

We didn't turn up really. The fans' have just as big of a part to play as the players do. If we can criticise the players performance then they can also criticise ours. The rain and the clapping of Hollowhead didn't help at all.

Archived