IGNORED

My Take On The Game Since I Actually Went For Once..

Redhyde

"it's not the right time to be getting too deep into it" seemed to borrow straight out of the Steve McClaren quote book. Players out of position at fullback. Poor uninspired performance. Is he applying for the England job? Least there wasn't an umbrella... I'm one of the total GJ converts and have been since before he came, before the hand grenade, during the hand grenade (obviously after it :P) up to now and i will still believe he's doing a great job. But it looked very bad today with the odd decisions. It's the first time i've looked at it and thought, that's simply not the right decision.

I think LJ's a good player, i'll maintain that now, but even someone who rates him very highly like myself saw he had a mare. The reason last season that he could always come up with something hasn't applied this season and it's clear he needs dropping or subbing literally just to give him a kick to get him back to his best. He ran the games against Cov, and was excellent against Midd, he can do it, he just isn't. Trundle can also produce something from nothing and while wasn't amazing, played ok, was neat as they say, so should have stayed on.

The other thing that concerns me massively was the choice of fullbacks. We have 4 young professionals who can/have regularly played fullback on the books (1's injured ofc) yet none of them even made the bench whilst we played a defensive midfielder and a centre back there. What does that say? I'm tending to come down on the side that GJ simply won't risk academy players, which begs the question why we've signed them up on professional deals.

Ball retention's key, Noble doesn't seem to be able to last so Russell who seems to have been forgotten as one of the major reasons we went up hould come in to the midfield IMO. Wilson can both defend and attack better than Orr IMO but in order to have someone "effective" up front he's on the right wing. And no doubt i'll get pelters but Sproule up front add a much needed threat in behind which in turn allows the likes of Trundle Noble, Johnson whoever to have more room in which to put balls

My team for tuesday

Basso

Orr, Carey, Fontaine, McAllister

Wilson, Elliot, Russell, McIndoe

Sproule, Trundle

Subs: Weale, Vasko, Murray, Noble, Byfield

That's what i'd do anyway as it makes sense to me, be tempted with Skuse insteasd of Russell since he's actually here. As i said, for the first time today i couldn't rationalise what GJ did. Scared me.

Archived