IGNORED

Small Time City

Frome Valley

The manager has constantly called on fans to get behind the team and it is without doubt important to Johnson but there were fifteen thousand in the ground and at times a pin could be heard dropping!

It really was Small time City off the park yesterday and sometimes the fans have to lift the players.

More can be done by fans and the club.

Johnson must be thinking City are fourth, the grounds not full, theres no passion and how far can i really take this lot?

The manager has constantly called on fans to get behind the team and it is without doubt important to Johnson but there were fifteen thousand in the ground and at times a pin could be heard dropping!

It really was Small time City off the park yesterday and sometimes the fans have to lift the players.

Johnson must be thinking City are fourth, the grounds not full, theres no passion and how far can i really take this lot?

I agree that the crowd could have done more yesterday. But don't fall into the trap of believing everything the manager says is 100% gospel. Perhaps if one or two players had SUNK A PROPER TACKLE yesterday instead of the half hearted attempts at trying to "nick" the ball we have been seeing recently then the crowd would react to that a lot better. But as been said on another thread, despite our results, we have a soft underbelly of players who do not want to make physical contact with the opposition during the game. We have seen it all season. That, more than anything, frustrates people. Unfortunately, at the moment, teams seem to be wising up to us and we are not getting the breaks.

I personally don't go long with Johnson's comments regarding the fans, the atmosphere wasn't great but thats probably got something to do with the complete lack of effort and football put on offer by City.

I'm sick and tired of Johnsons benign digs at the fans for not making enough noise, I don't pay over £400 a season to sing! (Although I do) I pay to watch professionals perform at the very highest level and be entertained-time for Johnson to start earning his money me thinks and worry about our current slide-alarm bells should be ringing because yesterday was poor, don't be distracted by Johnsons weak attempt at taking attention away from his teams poor performance.

Any disapointment you harbour this morning should be aimed at the players and manager after an abject performance not your fellow fan.

Holloway 'played' our crowd yesterday and silenced the boo boys from the start this made for a terrible atmosphere and played into Leicesters hands.

The clown came onto the pitch by making friendly justures to the crowd by bowing as if in respect of us shaking players hands and wrestling with scrumpy the mascot by this time most of our fans were in his pocket and the normally 90 minutes of anti Holloway songs were just a wimper at the start

There were even our fans clapping him, getting his autograph and having photo's taken with the guy as if he was a long lost city legend..

He got a better reception than Gary Johnson yesterday which is disgraceful ... There was even some guy sat next to me shouting "we love you really Olly we love you" What the **** !!! get a reality check, don't forget that the guy is a born and bred Gashead and HATES BCFC

He played the crowd yesterday and we fell for it, he must be laughing all the way back to Leicester

What next are we going to start a fan club for Tony Pulis as well

Holloway 'played' our crowd yesterday and silenced the boo boys from the start this made for a terrible atmosphere and played into Leicesters hands.

The clown came onto the pitch by making friendly justures to the crowd by bowing as if in respect of us shaking players hands and wrestling with scrumpy the mascot by this time most of our fans were in his pocket and the normally 90 minutes of anti Holloway songs were just a wimper at the start

There were even our fans clapping him, getting his autograph and having photo's taken with the guy as if he was a long lost city legend..

He got a better reception than Gary Johnson yesterday which is disgraceful ... There was even some guy sat next to me shouting "we love you really Olly we love you" What the **** !!! get a reality check, don't forget that the guy is a born and bred Gashead and HATES BCFC

He played the crowd yesterday and we fell for it, he must be laughing all the way back to Leicester

What next are we going to start a fan club for Tony Pulis as well

I think most City supporters would have expected the team to be in the lower half of the Championship at this stage of the season. Instead we have a team that encouraged the crowd to lift the team, in a way making themselves victims of their own success.

The overall support from fans this far has been fantastic and has shown that we indeed are or have the potential to be a big club. Certainly the recent slump has come as a bit of a damp squib to our fickle faithfull.

So now, after the team has encouraged the supporters to make a lot of noise by way of producing exciting football and going to the top of the league............

Let that noise work again, but this time those terrible silences have to be converted into being a cue for ENCOURAGEMENT. That Ashton Gate roar has been the best I have heard since the 70's, but we can only make it return and work, by getting behind the team.

COME ON YOU REDSSSS, a bit louder...COME ON YOU REDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS![/b]

I agree that the crowd could have done more yesterday. But don't fall into the trap of believing everything the manager says is 100% gospel. Perhaps if one or two players had SUNK A PROPER TACKLE yesterday instead of the half hearted attempts at trying to "nick" the ball we have been seeing recently then the crowd would react to that a lot better. But as been said on another thread, despite our results, we have a soft underbelly of players who do not want to make physical contact with the opposition during the game. We have seen it all season. That, more than anything, frustrates people. Unfortunately, at the moment, teams seem to be wising up to us and we are not getting the breaks.

Agree with all of that, especially with the sunk a proper tackle comment. GJ could've quite easily told someone to get stuck right into someone just to get the crowd going, ideally Stephen Clemence as he was fantastic yesterday for them.

This 'nick' the ball culture is partly down to Lee Johnson, cue the barracking. He had umpteen times yesterday to really get involved physically in the midfield and put his foot to show some commitment to the cause but didn't. It was this that ultimately led to their second goal, not that it mattered because we didn't look like scoring in a brothel yesterday!

surely the east end is loud and motivates the rest of the ground into singing and the players into performing?

if it isn't doing it's job, then they might as well close it for home fans and allow more away fans in to increase revenue?

surely the east end is loud and motivates the rest of the ground into singing and the players into performing?

if it isn't doing it's job, then they might as well close it for home fans and allow more away fans in to increase revenue?

how can it do its "job" when sexton does everything he can to undermine it and stop city fans going in there?

how can it do its "job" when sexton does everything he can to undermine it and stop city fans going in there?

Many fans long to be given the chance to unite in one area, as they have done before; Colin, Steve the 12th man is waiting to shine again;

Now where is that brick wall :disapointed2se:

I am pretty sure that is wind up but hey ho............the entire ground could get behind the team especially when players are out and off the back of thrashing.

City Could move the away fans to the Williams and charge them more and having City fans in the East End does not cut down on revenue at all by the way.

Archived