IGNORED

The Leaked List Of Fa Candidates.

Maesknoll Red

• Admin

Harry Harris has just been on R5Live and reports a leaked list of candidates to be discussed at Thursdays FA board meeting.

1) O Neill

2) Pearce and Shearer working alongside a experienced foreign coach

3) Houlier

4) Mouriniho

5) Capello

6) Klinsman

7) Lippi

He is convinced this rules out RedKnapp and any others that have been mentioned.

Well the noises coming out of Liverpool is that Rafa will be gone by this time tomorrow.

I'd chuck him into the list maybe. José would take the Liverpool job over England I'm sure.

Harry Harris has just been on R5Live and reports a leaked list of candidates to be discussed at Thursdays FA board meeting.

1) O Neill Would be good if he wanted it.

2) Pearce and Shearer working alongside a experienced foreign coach Why? Surely if the 'experienced foreign coach' was available you'd just give him the job? When have these managerial teams ever worked anyway?

3) Houlier No

4) Mouriniho See O Neill

5) Capello Proven at the highest level of club football. Not going to produce champagne football, but i think most of us would be happy with football of any kind at the moment.

6) Klinsman Did pretty well with Germany, but still fairly unproven. Also might be difficult to get the fans to accept a German coach.

7) Lippi Similar to Capello, but apparently can't speak English.

He is convinced this rules out RedKnapp and any others that have been mentioned. I thought Redknapp was supposed to be a 'wheeler dealer'? Not much oppurtunity for that at international level, though if we HAD to have an Englishman probably the best option.

No really exciting names on the list bar Mourinho, who I'd say is fairly unlikely, but plenty there who I'd feel could do a solid job, which lets face it would be an improvement straightaway.

1) O Neill

3) Houlier

4) Mouriniho

5) Capello

6) Klinsman

7) Lippi

He is convinced this rules out RedKnapp and any others that have been mentioned.

Mourinho 4th? O'Neill, Houllier and Pearce/Shearer better?

Mourinho has won more trophys than them all put together......

Houlier, Pearce and Shearer should all be crossed off. Houlier didn't get the best out of Liverpool, don't see why he would for England and though Pearce and Shearer would be respected they have no useful experience between them.

O'Neill has ruled himself out and means it. Mourinho sounds unlikely but should certainly be the number one choice. Klinnsman can be ruled out because he won't move here (he didn't for Germany). Capello and Lippi aren't bad candidates but do they speak English and are they really capable of rebuilding the England side and influencing the game right down to grassroots?

The most important thing is not to make an appointment just for the sake of it. We could just get Pearce or Shearer to caretake us through the meaningless friendlies and then appoint a proper manager after Euro 2008 when Hiddink and Scolari would likely be amenable to an approach.

1) O Neill

3) Houlier

4) Mouriniho

5) Capello

6) Klinsman

7) Lippi

seems about right to be honest,

O'Neill - how many times does he needs to say no?

not sure about a couple of them, Pearce or Shearer - definately not both though.

Houlier - GOD NO

Mouriniho - he's rumoured to have said no ta, and i'd say he is more interested in holding on for a top european club job (or maybe even liverpool)

Capello and Klinsmann possibly best options out there to be honest.

Lippi - no english

to be honest though, that is about it for the list, can't see anyone else who is a possibly?

think Capello is going to be the man? however think it would be good for him to get an Englishman in with him such as Shearer or Pearce to help build the a bridge with the players.

think Capello will get it by default, due to the fact very few others want it,

to many just aren't interested..........

O'Neill - been turned down for it once, now has a decent and safe prem job.

Mournino - easy option to suggest following his chelsea success, however in reality, we all know he is a very smart man and will hold out for a top spanish/italian job

Klinsmann - good prospect, but FA are unlikely to want a german

Lippi - best international manager, but has said no as he doesn't speak English

Big Phil - English Media and FA incompetence have no doubt scared him off the role for good.

Hiddinick - just signed a new contract with Russia - one of those weird manager that still believes in Loyalty to a contract, is not going to be willing to break it.

Houlier - why?

Louis Van Gaal - well he's interested and we could do ALOT worse

Barwick has said he is determined to get the right person as that's what the English public is demanding that. Surely anyone other than Mourinho would be a disappointment then.

Barwick has said he is determined to get the right person as that's what the English public is demanding that. Surely anyone other than Mourinho would be a disappointment then.

well if Mourinho doesn't want the job, which is probably going to be the case, then everyone is going to be disapointed then

well if Mourinho doesn't want the job, which is probably going to be the case, then everyone is going to be disapointed then

We've not actually heard anything from Mourinho though, just speculation from unnamed sources. I read a couple of articles that suggested he IS interested but is not going to get involved in a media frenzy and will wait for a real contact.

Most people seem to agree he's a top candidate, he's available, so surely we should be making a proper offer to find out either way?

Why is it going to probably be the case? Jose likes a challenge and the England job is a big challenge. Despite all the speculation he hasn't ruled himself out of the job yet so must be interested in it. If he doesn't want it then that's fair enough but he is the no 1 choice for the fans.

Mourinho 4th? O'Neill, Houllier and Pearce/Shearer better?

Mourinho has won more trophys than them all put together......

sorry to be picky.....but actually he hasn't, Houillier has actually won the same amount as Mourinho, some people seem to totally forget what a succesful manager he was in france, plus he has international experience, plus he was a key part of the French World Cup winning team.

sorry to be picky.....but actually he hasn't, Houillier has actually won the same amount as Mourinho, some people seem to totally forget what a succesful manager he was in france, plus he has international experience, plus he was a key part of the French World Cup winning team.

Are you sure?? 4 with Chelsea and 4 with Porto (i think). Has Houllier won the Uefa Cup and Champions League?

He may have the right credentials but i don't think he'll be good for England, just my opinion though.

Are you sure?? 4 with Chelsea and 4 with Porto (i think). Has Houllier won the Uefa Cup and Champions League?

He may have the right credentials but i don't think he'll be good for England, just my opinion though.

both of them have won 11 each.

both won uefa cup, but only jose champions league, but I suppose winning the world cup with france probably tips them over the edge

you could also say it was Houiller's team than won the champions league with Liverpool, but that wouldn't be fair

both of them have won 11 each.

both won uefa cup, but only jose champions league, but I suppose winning the world cup with france probably tips them over the edge

Was he actually the manager of France then???

You also got to take into account that Mourinho is young and at the start of his career, so to have won 11 so early, is amazing.

don't think Houiller is the right choice for the manager, however IF the FA decide to appoint someone like Pearce or Shearer as manager, then having some one like Houiller would be ideal to do the same role as he did with France as a Technical Directory, he'd be responsible of the England teams at all levels as his record and exeperence for youth development is as good as anyone in the country.

don't think Houiller is the right choice for the manager, however IF the FA decide to appoint someone like Pearce or Shearer as manager, then having some one like Houiller would be ideal to do the same role as he did with France as a Technical Directory, he'd be responsible of the England teams at all levels as his record and exeperence for youth development is as good as anyone in the country.

If the FA appoint someone like Pearce or Shearer we're ###### anyway.

Luckily Jose Mourinho seems to be saying "cut out the paper talk shit and make me a real offer and I'll think about it".

If the FA appoint someone like Pearce or Shearer we're ###### anyway.

Luckily Jose Mourinho seems to be saying "cut out the paper talk shit and make me a real offer and I'll think about it".

you shouldn't believe everything you read in the papers, it's already been denied,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/i...als/7116283.stm

basically.........he's said nothing either way, just typical media hype that people get caught up in

you shouldn't believe everything you read in the papers, it's already been denied,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/i...als/7116283.stm

basically.........he's said nothing either way, just typical media hype that people get caught up in

I don't believe everything I read in the paper, I do usually believe the BBC when it carries real quotes instead of unnamed sources.

That very article you link has been changed in the last hour or two, earlier this morning it quoted Mourinho as saying "make me an offer and we'll talk, I haven't ruled anything out".

I guess they syndicated quotes from the Sun which turned out to be made up and have had to change their story, which surprises me as I thought the BBC were more reliable than to copy a lying piece of shit tabloid.

Here's the link with the quotes in from the Times. It's not unusual to see bullshit in papers but it is rare to see false quotes.

Archived