IGNORED

Good Point

mightyreds89

both noble and johnson seemed to have decent first half's in fairness,

johnson was always going to stay on though, you need your fittest players when down to 10 men, and for that reason, it was the right change.

personally considering recent results I would have been happy with a point before the game, so to do it after spending the whole 2nd half with 10men, I'm more than happy tonight.

nice defeat for watford, the iceing on the cake

personally considering recent results I would have been happy with a point before the game, so to do it after spending the whole 2nd half with 10men, I'm more than happy tonight.

nice defeat for watford, the iceing on the cake

Agree with that mate. Got to take a point, especially considering recent form. Show me a Ciderhead who wanted and expected a win and I'll eat the proverebial hat.

• SC&T Board Members

I was at the game and am staying oop north so already online ... here are a few thoughts:

- both teams started very poorly

- City began to assert themselves as Hull stood off and gave us time and room to regain some confidence and put together a bit (not a lot) of neat passing

- we had more strikes on goal in the firt 45 mins than for a long time (2 good efforts of note from McIndoe)

- McCallister's lack of discipline is becoming a worry ... just back from suspension and he goes and picks up 2 yellows in the first half ... GJ and KM not surprisingly completely blanked him when he walked past them after being sent off.

- second half we defended deep and well, while Hull failed to be inventive enough to find a way through our two lines of 4

- we didn't have a single shot in the second half, but should have had a pen in the last minute when Byfield was up-ended in the box (even Hull's manager and the local radio boys said after the game it was a stonewall pen ... although they also thought Hull had a couple of good shouts).

In the end, a good point and some confidence / form regained ... but we can't keep on playing with 10 men away from home AND we need a centre-forward to worry opposition defences ... Enoch didn't do that.

Archived