IGNORED

The Long Term Goal

Port Said Red

I know this is late considering the Hull result but I didn't go tonight so I can only comment on what I saw on the weekend. As disappointing as Saturday was I think that it is important to balance out the points dropped against the points gained. Lets face it, our long term goal was to be still in this division at the end of the season and getting the points is most important, not the order they are gathered.

With that in mind, my thoughts are that at the end of the season the figures below will reflect how we see the games so far.

Points dropped

QPR H 2

Burnley H 2

Leicester H 3

Total 7

Points gained.

Sheff Wed A 3

Coventry A 3

WBA H 1

Sheff U H 2

Norwich A 2

S'ton H 2

Wolves A 1

Total 14

In other words, we are very much in credit at this point, which should stand us in good stead going forward.

Lessons learned Saturday? Fontaine and Skuse are not full backs at this level. (which is a bit worrying after last nights dismissal) If teams stop Elliott playing we are struggling in midfield and McCombe needs games to get up to speed.

I thought it was ironic that we actually started brighter than the opposition for once on Saturday, if Trundles early effort after a great turn had gone in I think we would have gone on to win. The biggest disappointment was losing to a team that played the worst football I have seen so far in this league.

Archived