IGNORED

For Those Not Travelling To Watford

Bridport_Red

Hi guys,

Unfortunately i can't make the trip to Watford due to being pretty much skint!

Was just wondering which is the best pub/bar to watch the game in with the best atmosphere, in the Bristol area, as it's being shown live on Sky?

Cheers.

so you cant afford to go to the game but you can afford to go to a pub/bar and watch it? :surrender:

Ticket and travel, typically £30-£40

Few pints, £10..

Surely you don't need help with that one?

Absolutely. Plus i'd say it was nearer £50 quid for the away game.

This will be the first saturday game i'll miss all season home or away, so i'll definitely be on the sauce to counter balance this, i'm sure somewhere in bristol will show it? Walkabout and the like??

Absolutely. Plus i'd say it was nearer £50 quid for the away game.

This will be the first saturday game i'll miss all season home or away, so i'll definitely be on the sauce to counter balance this, i'm sure somewhere in bristol will show it? Walkabout and the like??

Wouldn't of thought walkabout would show it, they don't show games involving the city/town playing (well they never used to anyway)

remember that crappy itv sport channel that nobody had.... we had a game (qpr away) i think and i phoned them to see if they were showing it. They werent cause of the above, Apparently the one in manchester couldnt show the CL Final when united were in it ??

With a 5.15 ko, pretty slim chance + rovers are home, 3 ko

BS3 would be a good shout

suprisingly few, no where in town will show it for starters.

most pubs south of the river and you should be ok,

Bar BS3, Bar Salt, White Hart (Bris), Luckwell,

You could add The Assembly on East Street I would imagine. For those not in the know, a pub which used to be a dead cert for these occasions, the Hen and Chicken, has been poshed up over the summer and all the screens removed!

Thought some one might of come up with something like this post! I have approx £12 so unless the match prices have dramatically dropped then i'm pretty sure i cannot make it.

Fair enough. Apologies, was a bit frustrated at the time of posting. Should be a good game and hopefully we can bring a point or 3 back.

so you cant afford to go to the game but you can afford to go to a pub/bar and watch it? :surrender:

don't have a mortgage to pay then do you? bet you live with mummy and daddy?

Trip to Watford - how much? ticket 20odd quid, coach £15-£20 quid, food and drink during the day £15? that's £50-£60

or PUB & Kebab £20?

it's hardly suprising some won't go to the game,

On this note any Weston-super-Mare fans have a set place? Whenever been to watch City on Sky in Weston you have a dozen or so fans in various bars around Worle or town centre... is there not a Landlord who's a city fan who will welcome us as a place to go to watch us on Sky??!! Be good to get a load of City boys in a decent bar and create a good atmosphere!! Either that or have to drive BS3 and cant have a beer then :crying:

Archived