IGNORED

Peacock And Roberts

Guest Neo

Certainly not coming out with the crass where are the Peacock/Roberts knockers stuff cos I hate posts like that.

But, it has to be said, both of them were outstanding today. Both covered every blade of grass. Peacock bumping people out the way, Roberts doing his "crazy legs crane" bit with the ball glued to his foot.

Today's performance showed that they can play together and it was interesting to see a togetherness we have not seen from the two of them throughout the game. Little pats on the butt, high-fives etc.

I do have to criticise some people though who say Roberts has a poor touch. I admit that sometimes he gets the ball stuck between his legs, however, who else in the club could bring that "hoof" from the defence down in one movement and then do a couple of defenders (before admitedly kicking the ball out of play!).

Although Peacock ain't scoring of late, I for one was happy to see our most physical forward starting (especially today); and I think we all saw why; their defenders did not like him one little bit.

Same starting front pair for Swindon me thinks (and hope) :dunno:

Guest puddy_bcfc

yep I'm for that, roberts played excellent in the first half and peacock was powerful and put 110 % in. i like the partnership :dunno:

Guest wes04

roberts was quality, but i cant understand why he got taken off. peacock should of got subbed cause he was constantly running back from offside with his hands in the air!

roberts was quality, but i cant understand why he got taken off. peacock should of got subbed cause he was constantly running back from offside with his hands in the air!
It was because Peacocks physical presence was needed to help as the innevitable onslaught from QPR ensued. Personally i wouldn't have taken either of them off, as we did loose something on the break when Robbo went off, because there was nobody to support Murray when he got the ball and started running.

Guest BCFC_DEANO

Gotta admit to giving them both criticism in past, especially roberts but i was more than willing to give him a chance today and he was a cresit to the team on that performance.

Likewise peacock worked his ass of today fighting for everything.

both superb. well done boys.

Peacock played like a man possesed - in Defence and Attack. Made a huge contribution, most notably glancing the ball away from our box in the dying minutes.

Roberts, to put it in a word, was immense today. He was brilliant. If anyone knocks him again maybe they should think about the day we played QPR :dunno:

Guest samatcheddar

i have been waiting to see these two players together all season. Roberts is not a right midfielder he is a forward thats what makes the difference in how well they play. peacock was left on as he has quality defending ad danny new that we needed a good defence in the dying minutes. it wouldnt supprise me that one day peacock becomes a defender.

they both played well but there was one player on the pitch who played well that was Tony Butler he got my man of the match!!

he gave a positive peformance throughout. he just keeps getting better and better

Butler did very well and so (I am saying this) did Phillips who came off his line more times in the one game than he has for most of the season!

We all know when ThorPAY came on that he would get a chance and Phillips was well up to the test.

Still think the MoM award has to go to one of the front two. Yesterday eptomised the expression "defending from the front".

Great to see this forum in general is so positive about Robbo. He must of welcomes Murray's arrival more than anybody; finally, he can show what he can do in his natural position again :D

Roberts was amazing yesterday and i thought it was great to c him playing sooo well with murray and peacock. He was always in the right position well done robbo and peacock. Also wanted 2 say how great it is to c so much positive attitude on this forum it hasnt bin v. positive the last few weeks other than murray cuming bak so its great 2 c we r being more positive well done the reds

UP THE CITY!!!!! HERE WE CUM DIVISION 1

Guest rednick_74

as ive always said, peacock will always work his nuts off every game.. he dont ever get enough credit.. but of course some people only judge him by goals... he has a lot more to offer... and robbo has been our most dangerous player of late... our defence seems to be looking back to its solid best... long may it continue.... division 1 were coming.. :D:D

Guest LeicesterRed

Although Peacock ain't scoring of late, I for one was happy to see our most physical forward starting (especially today); and I think we all saw why; their defenders did not like him one little bit.

I thought Peacock was excellent on saturday, his work rate was phenomenal.

He earned his money in my book.

Infact the whole team did.

Onwards and upwards!!!!

Guest maxie

It's no coincidence that the re-commencement of Roberts' goal scoring came with the return of - and supply by - Scott Murray. That combination was deadly last year and it was just great to see that particular partnership as effective as ever last Saturday.

Archived