IGNORED

The New Training Ground

Wilse

Given it has planning permission there should be some drawings on the North Somerset Planning site..

I think they just have outline planning permission, don't they? Which means you don't have to actually put the designs in yet, it just accepts the concept of building the facilities. The next step would be to get full planning permission, which is when they'd need to put in the full designs and plans.

I think they just have outline planning permission, don't they? Which means you don't have to actually put the designs in yet, it just accepts the concept of building the facilities. The next step would be to get full planning permission, which is when they'd need to put in the full designs and plans.

It's all granted, they are already building it!

Ok, then, there should be some outlines on the council site. :whistle:

Problem being that the NSC site doesn't actually return results in any sort of date order.

Given that the land is off Clevedon Road if you put that in the search you get thus:

http://212.158.113.30/WAM/pas/findCaseFile...;action3=Search

If anyone finds the actual application in that lot without giving has more patience than me!

I was just trying to find some pictures (or artist's impression) of how the new training ground complex might look, but I couldn't find anything. Does anyone know if any details have been released?

Something like Liverpool's Melwood traing ground would be good!

Given that we're only (!!) spending £1million on the training facilities, by the time you take out the cost of the land, then the cost of bulldozing the ground in preparation for drainage, top soil, plastic bits in the grass and then the seeding, we won't have a lot left over for the buildings.

I'm imagining that the buildings will be fairly basic, but with enough room for home and away changing rooms, a physio room, doctors room and maybe a small canteen. I'm only guessing about all these points, but a million doesn't get you very much, but at least in the future we can keep expanding as and when necessary.

The important thing is that the pitches are top quality so the players can train without getting injured and be used to a playing surface similar to Ashton Gate.

Given that we're only (!!) spending £1million on the training facilities, by the time you take out the cost of the land, then the cost of bulldozing the ground in preparation for drainage, top soil, plastic bits in the grass and then the seeding, we won't have a lot left over for the buildings.

I'm imagining that the buildings will be fairly basic, but with enough room for home and away changing rooms, a physio room, doctors room and maybe a small canteen. I'm only guessing about all these points, but a million doesn't get you very much, but at least in the future we can keep expanding as and when necessary.

The important thing is that the pitches are top quality so the players can train without getting injured and be used to a playing surface similar to Ashton Gate.

Anyone agree with me that spending a million on this seems rather pointless. Surely it is worth spending a bit more then that and getting truely top class facilitys then doing it on the cheap (in football terms) and yes, getting the pitches but not the buildings. When you look around at premiership training grounds they have inside pitches and gyms etc. Surely you carnt get all this for £1 milllion. If the jobs worth doing surely its worth doing well?

Anyone agree with me that spending a million on this seems rather pointless. Surely it is worth spending a bit more then that and getting truely top class facilitys then doing it on the cheap (in football terms) and yes, getting the pitches but not the buildings. When you look around at premiership training grounds they have inside pitches and gyms etc. Surely you carnt get all this for £1 milllion. If the jobs worth doing surely its worth doing well?

So long as the pitches hold together, it doesn't matter what the rest of the training facilities are like, they can always be built up at a later stage. The important thing is we now own land and training facilities.

We can build bigger and better when we start raking in the Millions from being in the Premiership ;-)

BTW - Is it the club that now owns the training facilities or Steve Lansdown? I'm guessing it's the club seeing as there was a special launch last year to raise capital from the fans.

I thought I read somewhere that the 1 million was just for the land and the pitches and temp changing facilities. The final cost of the project I believe to be around the 2-3 million mark.

What will it look like?

I imagine it'll be green with little white lines running across and along it. It may well have some aesthetically pleasing wooden posts seemingly joined by fishing nets.

They may also have some thinner sticks with dinky little flags on them.

Archived