IGNORED

£30m In Debt

Martyn Hocking

From what I have read and heard today it would appear that:

1. Cardiff are £30m in debt and have to find the cash now/2016 depending on which side of the argument you sit. Administration looms if their board lose that one.

2. Ipswich were £30m in debt until today when some minor tycoon type bought 85% of their shares, their chairman, FA big wig David Sheepshanks moaning that it is impossible to compete at the top of the Championship without running up huge bills.

3. Coventry are approx £30m in debt and will go into administration in 10 days time, losing 10 pts in the process, unless the ubiquitous Ray Ranson and his venture capital mates take them over. Given how many clubs he has been rumoured to be taking over, I wouldn't hold my breath on that one - if he didn't fancy Aston Villa is he really going to fancy Coventry??

Meanwhile BCFC continue to march up the table, backed by a chairman who:

(a) has the biggest bank balance in the Championship

(b) knows when to spend and when not to spend it

© really isn't in it for the ego trip a la Jordan, Mandaric et al.

Life is sweet!!

Well_red

The sword will fall on Cardiff this week and a minus 10 point deduction will apply immediately. A mate who supports the club and has done for decades told me today there is no rescue package otherwise it would have been announced by now.

MM

The sword will fall on Cardiff this week and a minus 10 point deduction will apply immediately. A mate who supports the club and has done for decades told me today there is no rescue package otherwise it would have been announced by now.

MM

If this doe's happen then there is a God after all :englandsmile4wf: the problem being this as been mentioned before and nothing happens to them :disapointed2se:

And there is a big recession on the way, it's going to get worse. The gap between Premership and the rest will widen, and players agents are going to find that the ludicrous demands will not be met. And don't think City are immune, nothing is certain, and relying on a single wealthy benefactor can be a recipe for disaster.

It really annoys me that clubs that badly in debt are allowed to sign big name big sallary players, like hasselbank and fowler at bahhddifff!!!!

I have always been in favour of CITY spending within their limits. It still worries me that the chairman and director/s here cover the losses we make, in case they suddenly decide they want out, but at least we haven't over stretched on the playing staff so far this season. The new stadium might be a different matter though!!!!

I think the biggest thing we can take from this is,lets live within our means.

I'd rather suffer a relegation and have a team to support due to the fact we have not spent big than end up blowing millions with the threat of going bust.

Our set-up right now is the best it's been for a long time Gary Johnson had most of the back-room staff from Tin man stay on under him and he's steered them in the right direction whilst bringing in his own trustees to work alongside the current staff,and one thing you have to believe is that he's created a great atmosphere throughout the club from players to supporters.

The chairman is by far the greatest in the league,his only gamble was to appoint Tinnion and although it didn't quite work out,we were never in danger of going under. I for one will never again mention the board and money,I'm simply going to leave that up to GJ and the team. My job is to make myself ill by singing my heart out till I drop,I will support whatever this club does

City are in debt, 2million, 5 million or more. Whatever the figure is, we are in debt. Now we have to pay for a training ground and a new stadium. Our current squad needs 15,000 gates, so far so good. January and end of season will require more quality players. Its an upward cost spiral, the cost of success.

I think there will be a melt down, and it will be soon. With the influx of European players competing with a multitude of English Academy players, the pound can only go so far. Some clubs will succeed with good players, a mixture of young wannabees and solid pros who will make some good teams at all levels. BCFC are in that category.

Archived