IGNORED

Getting To Plymouth....

OC 1645

OK my fellow Bristolian Redz, either make sure you've got enough fuel for the return trip to Plymouth or get to Plymouth by train. I've been tipped off that there could be a fuel depot blockade due to road haulage firms being bloody angry with the ever rising price of fuel.

Up the City

Cheers for that mate,although fuel blockades are a pain,I am a believer in them we are getting ripped off big time over petrol,when I started driving 10 years ago £20 would fill up my old 1.6 engine,I cant't even get half a tank for that now.

I work on the railway so might get the train in,obviously not wearing any colours on route

OK my fellow Bristolian Redz, either make sure you've got enough fuel for the return trip to Plymouth or get to Plymouth by train. I've been tipped off that there could be a fuel depot blockade due to road haulage firms being bloody angry with the ever rising price of fuel.

Up the City

Gotta say find that unlikely and scare mongering; oil has in fact started to come down in price, currently below 90 dolls a barrell, not long since media were saying 100dollars a barrell min. OPEC members are also predicted to increase output and further reduce price.

Haulage firms will as pass costs on to customers anyway, i.e me and you who will as always pay in the end.

Gotta say find that unlikely and scare mongering; oil has in fact started to come down in price, currently below 90 dolls a barrell, not long since media were saying 100dollars a barrell min. OPEC members are also predicted to increase output and further reduce price.

Haulage firms will as pass costs on to customers anyway, i.e me and you who will as always pay in the end.

I'm certainly not scaremongering, I'm just advising on the side of caution. Just take the precaution of having a full tank of fuel ready for the Plymouth game.

There are serious rumblings of discontent coming from the haulage industry not the media. If anything, the media is dumbing down the situation. The general consensus is that our Government is making life difficult for haulage firms with massive taxation on fuel when their European based haulage rivals can buy fuel a lot cheaper in Continental Europe. It's as simple as that.

I don't see why people moan about the price of petrol.

It has probably the best value for money of anyother product.

You cant even buy water for £1 per litre.

It used to be only Saudi Arabia where drinking water was more expensive than petrol. :noexpression:

Guest east_dundry_red
It used to be only Saudi Arabia where drinking water was more expensive than petrol. :noexpression:

I don't know where you buy your water from then.

I go to tesco for bottled water for rugby on a wednesday and pay £2.10 for 14 litres.

I don't see why people moan about the price of petrol.

It has probably the best value for money of anyother product.

You cant even buy water for £1 per litre.

That is complete nonsense. I can turn my tap on and get water at an absolute fraction of the cost of a litre of petrol.

I don't know where you buy your water from then.

I go to tesco for bottled water for rugby on a wednesday and pay £2.10 for 14 litres.

To be fair to the pedantic Henry and his viewpoint, water is far more expensive than petrol when bought from a petrol station. About £1.80 for 1 litre of water (contained in 2 plastic 0.5 litre bottles) and about £1.05 for a litre of petrol.

I'm certainly not scaremongering, I'm just advising on the side of caution. Just take the precaution of having a full tank of fuel ready for the Plymouth game.

There are serious rumblings of discontent coming from the haulage industry not the media. If anything, the media is dumbing down the situation. The general consensus is that our Government is making life difficult for haulage firms with massive taxation on fuel when their European based haulage rivals can buy fuel a lot cheaper in Continental Europe. It's as simple as that.

Gobbers is right European truck drivers are gettin free use of our roads, and the East europeans drivers safety standards are appalling. We always get stopped on the mainland.

This tip off of yours a good un, or d'ya think its a wind up?

To be fair to the pedantic Henry and his viewpoint, water is far more expensive than petrol when bought from a petrol station. About £1.80 for 1 litre of water (contained in 2 plastic 0.5 litre bottles) and about £1.05 for a litre of petrol.

I'm not being pedantic though.

If you actually think about how patrol is mad and how far it travels around the world. Also baring in mind the government takes 60p or so, its a bloody bargain.

Archived