IGNORED

Prices 'slashed' For Boro Game!

Back of the net

Apparently prices have been slashed by the club for the game against Middlesbrough in the Cup. £20 for an adult in all stands.

As my season ticket in the Atyeo works out at just a tad over £16 per game, i'd like anyone to explain to me how they can describe the prices as being slashed!

I'm all for encouraging new supporters and making it easier for those who pay per game, however, I can't recall any gesture for season tickets holders that have handed over between £380 - £500 to the club before the season starts.

Whats wrong with allowing Season ticket holders to buy their seat for cup games based on the average price per game of their season ticket.

Apparently prices have been slashed by the club for the game against Middlesbrough in the Cup. £20 for an adult in all stands.

As my season ticket in the Atyeo works out at just a tad over £16 per game, i'd like anyone to explain to me how they can describe the prices as being slashed!

I'm all for encouraging new supporters and making it easier for those who pay per game, however, I can't recall any gesture for season tickets holders that have handed over between £380 - £500 to the club before the season starts.

Whats wrong with allowing Season ticket holders to buy their seat for cup games based on the average price per game of their season ticket.

Here we go, someone having an un-necessary moan about ticket prices again. They are slashed from normal tickets. You surely cant moan about paying £20 to watch a premiership team who have played in the UEFA Cup final within the last 3 yrs!

Because that's 50% off the most expensive matchday tickets. Slashed seems fair to me.

Totally agree, there should have been a discount for renewals and it's been the subject of much discussion. We got a disappointing crowd last night with less than 13k home fans (3.4k POTD) for a game against a top side when we are in a playoff spot, the pricing will have to be rethought if we want to start filling the stadium.

Because the club would make less money? No team does this. Cup games are priced based on the opposition and always will be to allow us to cash in if we get a top draw. Besides, £20 is almost exactly the price per match for the Dolman.

I'm surprised and grateful that the club dropped prices like this, I think it's a sensible move that will see us get a 18k+ attendance where otherwise because of post Xmas skintness we'd have been looking at an embarrassingly low crowd.

good god!

would you have prefered it if they had left the prices as standard match prices at £25 or whatever it is?

on a personal level, I doubt I will be going regadless of the price drop, it's not that an appealing cup tie and I'd suggest many others will agree, but will now go because of the price drop

Here we go, someone having an un-necessary moan about ticket prices again. They are slashed from normal tickets. You surely cant moan about paying £20 to watch a premiership team who have played in the UEFA Cup final within the last 3 yrs!

No moan, i'll be there. However, the word used by the club is 'slashed' - Hardly slashed. Normal prices for the next two home games are - £23 to watch Cardiff, £12 to watch Barnsley.

Leeds were in the semi final of the champions league 6 years ago, I wouldn't be excited to be playing them now. 3 years is a long time ago.

It's all about opinions.

No moan, i'll be there. However, the word used by the club is 'slashed' - Hardly slashed. Normal prices for the next two home games are - £23 to watch Cardiff, £12 to watch Barnsley.

Leeds were in the semi final of the champions league 6 years ago, I wouldn't be excited to be playing them now. 3 years is a long time ago.

It's all about opinions.

But you are moaning, but now i think its about the marketing policy and language used rather than the ticket price. £20 is a good price for a cup game it means the club should get a few more fans in and also make a decent return from the fixture.

BTW the Barnsley price is a discounted price so not 'normal'.

It's all about opinions.

It was a moan and you know it whether youll be there or not. They are slashed considering for some games in some areas the tickets are £28.

What's leeds got to do with this??? :surrender:

Perhaps when you receive your ticket it looks like Zorro has attacked it. Perhaps thats what they meant when they say the tickets are slashed :dunno:

Fair price if you ask me, you don't wanna know what I have paid for Arsenal v Chelski :wacko::D

It was a moan and you know it whether youll be there or not. They are slashed considering for some games in some areas the tickets are £28.

What's leeds got to do with this??? :surrender:

I think the point he is making is that Leeds were once in the Champions League Semi's, but he wouldnt be happy to pay that price to see them....so why should he be happy to see Boro at that price, just because they made the UEFA cup final

Yes, it's all about opinions.

And mine is that the club have made a very generous reduction on tickets prices across the board and I think the vast majority will be appreciative - it'll also put a few more on the gate which is important.

Well done to SL and CS for implementing this.

Totally agree, £20 is not just a fair price, but a good price. Bare in mind, it was £17 last year I believe when we played them, and over £25 per ticket for the Man City game

Well done City, you got it right this time

I think the point he is making is that Leeds were once in the Champions League Semi's, but he wouldnt be happy to pay that price to see them....so why should he be happy to see Boro at that price, just because they made the UEFA cup final

Ahh get it now. But boro are still a premiership team. Of course if it was £20 for a game against Dirty Leeds then it would be too much. But £20 for a premiership team isnt bad!

on a personal level, I doubt I will be going regadless of the price drop, it's not that an appealing cup tie and I'd suggest many others will agree, but will now go because of the price drop

Seem to remember this game last year sold out within a day or 2 and sparked masses of complaints from S/T holders who couldn't get tickets so why do you think many others will stay away this season?

How can anyone turn a good bit of news like this into a moan against the club???

I dispair with some City fans! Excellent news, and less than i expected. Remember we got 15k+ for Man City, with full ticket prices (£23-£30) and the game on Sky. This would make an excellent Christmas Present too. We'll surely sell out.

Seem to remember this game last year sold out within a day or 2 and sparked masses of complaints from S/T holders who couldn't get tickets so why do you think many others will stay away this season?

yep, but that's the problem, we played them last season

Ahh get it now. But boro are still a premiership team. Of course if it was £20 for a game against Dirty Leeds then it would be too much. But £20 for a premiership team isnt bad!

Look, £20 to watch a game against a premier league team is fair. The point I was trying to make was that that the club are making themselves out to have done us all a favour by literally giving away tickets - or slashing them to use their line.

My season ticket in the atyeo works out at £16 plus pennies, If I was a pay on the day customer, to watch our next game against Cardiff (which is to me a more attractive game) is £23 and the game against Barnsley before xmas is £12. The club know that xmas and new year is expensive, so not many people will pay the top pay on the day price. They are infact doing themselves a favour by making it £20 per adult. This way probably more than 12,000 will turn up.

To be constructive about it, I would have thought it fairer to introduce a percentage discount per ticket. That way people in the east end or away end won't end up paying the same for their seat as someone in the middle of the Dolman.

Ticket prices clearly aren't working, as getting 13,000 home fans last night was poor. What more can the team do than they are doing? Why aren't people turning up? Plymouth lost Holloway partly because of his frustrations about the attendances, we don't want to lose the gem of a manager we have because he does not feel that the fans are appreciating what he has done for us.

Wow, that is good.

Won't make any money though... :whistle2:

Maybe not on that game, but who knows - the friends taken along may enjoy a full house atmosphere and decide to pay for the next game, and possible the game after that......Possible a few more season ticket holders next season. People have to go to get addicted.

It may even help motivate the team to play infront of a sell out rather than 14,000?

Maybe not on that game, but who knows - the friends taken along may enjoy a full house atmosphere and decide to pay for the next game, and possible the game after that......Possible a few more season ticket holders next season. People have to go to get addicted.

It may even help motivate the team to play infront of a sell out rather than 14,000?

We will probably be looking at a home sell out at prices of £20 a ticket.

£20 a ticket is a 50% reduction for some seats.

I'm all for building the fan bases but offering even cheaper tickets than the current planned reductions for one off cup games is not the best way to do it.

Basically, you're looking a gift horse in the mouth and you're comparing it to the cheapest tickets so it looks less attractive. I personally know three or four people who will definitely come to this game now that wouldn't have without the reduction.

Archived