IGNORED

Colin (i Haven't Got A Clue) Sexton

gas8er

I know it's been said before but it really irks me!

Great football + Great results + Affordable prices = Full House and great atmosphere.

Great football + Great results + Pull your pants down prices = Empty seats and no atmosphere.

Wether we like it or not Christmas is upon us and we all need more cash, presents, food and time off work.

But maybe, just maybe the penny is dropping, tonights E.P. 'City slash prices for FA cup clash' so we can all save around £6 on our ticket - well something is better than nothing, you know January and still not been paid.

I'ii bet Sexton is bloody glad it's not being televised.. eh?

High Prices + Bristol City Forum = Colin Sextone Abuse

Low Prices + Bristol City Forum = Colin Sextone Abuse

I see a pattern emerging here. Merry Christmas.

I have to stick up for Colin here, it wasnt him that set this seasons ticket prices.

Steve Lansdown said as much at the Q and A recently

http://www.bristolcityst.org.uk/trust_news...cle000384.shtml

I'd like to think that the chief executive would have a major input in the ticket prices. No matter what Colin says it would have been a board decision.

I don't like the prices but agree that the strategy of pricing high and allowing the potential for discounts is a sound one.

• Admin

I just don't understand what some fans want, we've endured years of shite football, virtually every team that came to the Gate in the lower divisions put 11 men behind the ball and played negative football - who's done that this season?

The quality of football on show has been head and shoulders above most of that we had to sit through for a decade, we're 4th in the Championship, perhaps we shouldn't have envoked the clauses in players contracts that gave them a rise if they got us promoted, the best ones could have left. Perhaps we shouldn't have offered Championship wages to the new signings - do you reckon they'd have still come?

The bigger picture about the cost of football and players wages is another discussion, the fact that City are part of it and have to be, to progress, is hardly the basis for slagging off Colin Sexton.

I know it's been said before but it really irks me!

Great football + Great results + Affordable prices = Full House and great atmosphere.

Great football + Great results + Pull your pants down prices = Empty seats and no atmosphere.

Wether we like it or not Christmas is upon us and we all need more cash, presents, food and time off work.

But maybe, just maybe the penny is dropping, tonights E.P. 'City slash prices for FA cup clash' so we can all save around £6 on our ticket - well something is better than nothing, you know January and still not been paid.

I'ii bet Sexton is bloody glad it's not being televised.. eh?

It is not down to sexstone, unfortunately you don't have a clue what you are talking about, as Steve Lansdown has said on a number of occasions, Colin Sexstone on went to Lansdown with the suggested prices for tickets for this season, and Lansdown increased them against Sexstones advice.

your the one who doesn't have a clue

Correct.

if people don't want to turn up to see a succesful city team in the championship, that's their problem to be honest.

I know this subject has been done many times before but, it's not that people don't want to go it's they cant afford to go, that's just the way it is now. I think the attendances are reflecting the POTD prices, it was too big a jump for many of the fans to attend on a regular basis.

I know this subject has been done many times before but, it's not that people don't want to go it's they cant afford to go, that's just the way it is now. I think the attendances are reflecting the POTD prices, it was too big a jump for many of the fans to attend on a regular basis.

Spot on, i would like to go to EVERY game with my 2 lads but its all down to money, unfortunatly i havent got enough of it :crying:

I wasn't happy with the price rises either at he time. It was a bit of a shock and the no loyalty thing hurt, not so much financially but emotionally if you know what I mean?

However, I do feel that I have had better value for money than I did last season, and that was a promotion season! Yes we got promoted but it was hard grinding out results and watching largely dire opposition. This year we have had much better opposition and our football mostly has been breathtaking and very entertaining. The signings brought in and how they have blended with existing players is really working thanks to GJ and his staff, and of course the backing of SL. CS is an easy target but you are way off mark with this argument.

All this has to be paid for somehow I suppose. Yes we could have paid the same money and then struggled, we we aren't, so enjoy it and get to matches when you can as everybody needs to see us playing like this after such a long wait!!! :clapping:

The future looks good as A City fan too!!!

Very funny ha ha ha :noexpression: Did i mention Sextone? may be better if you actually made a point, instead of sarcasm.

I didnt say anything about you mentioning Sexstone? I was agreeing with you and then it was me that blamed Sexstone.

My point, albeit a perhaps subtle one, was that Sexstone seems to be an easy target and gets the blame for everything. And I was not saying that you are guilty of this.

I've been having a tinker-think that there may be a good cop/bad cop duo going on with Aunty Colin and Uncle Steve.

Steve has been a most friendly and hospitable chap on both my one-two-one's with him but he does have to make unpopular decisions from time to time, Colin; (I'll stop the personal appraisal's at this point) is used (and payed hansomely) as the front man to take the flak for them.

Works quite well really, I'm fond of a little Sexstone bashing myself - wicked man that I am, where as Steve since finally saying ''yes'' at that East End meet in Janurary is ok with me.

Don't forget not only have they reduced prices for the Boro game they have also slashed prices for the Barnsley game and also did a student offer. It would be good to see more quid a kid offers though so more people can bring there kids to games with them.

Archived